Sign in to follow this  
WombRaider

More than just an open canopy mod....

More than just an open canopy mod....

This is just yet another open canopy mod, but I went a bit further... For one, mine covers about every TK sim there is. Under the new code, every plane does something(except A-10,A-7s, and Harriers) The A-6, and the F-8E both have folding wings, and will be in that stance when you see them parked on the taxiways. The A-4 DATA inis include the non floppy deck crash into the carrier deck anomoly already installed! I also included all of the available Mig, and Su aircraft in on this mod too!

To install....

1. You need the latest patch (except for SFG)

2. If you have a mutant ninja install, this is set up for you! Just unzip to your sim's folder

3. If you do not have a merged install, you need to extract to a temporary folder, then place the plane folders individually.

4.To use the canopy, or wingfold

5.There are several cockpits available for the Mig-21s, and the Mig-17s, and Mig-19s. To make use of this mod fully, you might want to get some flyable red stuff going!

I hope you can make use of these files, they definitely added some immersion to my experience to the sim.

Good Hunting

Warren

With the option to shut off engines, it is almost criminal not to have opening canopies!

:biggrin:

Thanks for making us all law abiding Thirdwire citizens...

:good:

since the A-6, and F-8 really had no canopies to open, I made it so their wings are folded when they are parked. The Readme has no data in it, I just realized that. What I wanted to write in it, was in the header for the mod. the animation control is set to animation_1

Warren

Edited by WombRaider

Awsim stuff. I got it working in New Patch.

How do you come up with the AnimationID number? Stab in the dark?

Thanks Warren. This really gives us another level of realism.

Jeff

index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=7503

File Name: More than just an open canopy mod....

File Submitter: WombRaider

File Submitted: 20 Oct 2008

File Category: Ini Edits

This is just yet another open canopy mod, but I went a bit further... For one, mine covers about every TK sim there is. Under the new code, every plane does something(except A-10,A-7s, and Harriers) The A-6, and the F-8E both have folding wings, and will be in that stance when you see them parked on the taxiways. The A-4 DATA inis include the non floppy deck crash into the carrier deck anomoly already installed! I also included all of the available Mig, and Su aircraft in on this mod too!

To install....

1. You need the latest patch (except for SFG)

2. If you have a mutant ninja install, this is set up for you! Just unzip to your sim's folder

3. If you do not have a merged install, you need to extract to a temporary folder, then place the plane folders individually.

4.To use the canopy, or wingfold

5.There are several cockpits available for the Mig-21s, and the Mig-17s, and Mig-19s. To make use of this mod fully, you might want to get some flyable red stuff going!

I hope you can make use of these files, they definitely added some immersion to my experience to the sim.

Good Hunting

Warren

Click here to download this file

Good job, Warren. Is the ReadMe file supposed to be blank? Lot of rookies around here........?

Hi

Does the F-4M_data.ini file replace an existing file in the Aircraft folder....as post patch I only have a F-4m.ini ?

Hi

Does the F-4M_data.ini file replace an existing file in the Aircraft folder....as post patch I only have a F-4m.ini ?

It is a separate file. Just paste it into your F-4M folder and you are good to go.

Your "original" F-4M_data.ini file is located in the object.cat file and needs a special extraction utility to get it (if you need it).

The game will use any already extracted file before using a file in the .cat file.

See here for details http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=32706

Raider:

I just D/L'ed it and I'm going to give it a try.

Great Work!!

Nifty mod -- thanks! I like taxing with the top up...

One n00b question, though: I'm running stock WOV with the Oct 08 patch; where do I put the A-4x_Ahitxxx files? I've just got standard A-4xx files. Thanks!

That's an aircraft included in WOI only.

That's an aircraft included in WOI only.

So... How do I get my WOV A-4 canopies to open? My pilots are trapped! :blink: