Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

Star Trek Movie Trailer number 2.

Mh I was a big fan of the original Star Trek movies, but this looks a bit like the star wars stuff... now lets see what was going on before the empire rose...

Cannonist converted......if as a whole it's half as good as that trailer. I'm still not sure how I feel about the new Battlestar Galactica, but this new Star Trek movie looks..... awesome.

all i gotta say is can't wait for the movie

I can't wait for a "Functional" version of Quicktime.

Installed it just to see the bloody trailer. So far zippo.

Thanks guys you all reminded me why I refuse to have

quicktime or any other apple software on my system.

I'll wait for the damned thing to hit Youtube.

I have a link at home to a non-QT version on a site somewhere that's in HD, no YT-crap vision. I'll try to remember to post it here.

Face it, Trekkies, you let the franchise die. Nemesis was the worst-performing ST film ever, despite being IMHO the 2nd best of the TNG films. Enterprise was cancelled for poor ratings at the end of its best season, #4, which was REALLY good, especially compared to the first 2.

Paramount learned "catering to Trekkies" = "losing $$ on every ST thing we do".

So they've made an ST film for people that AREN'T into ST. Paramount would rather have every non-ST fan be a fan of this new one and lose every "loyal" ST fan at this point because there are so many more non-fans they could make a ton of $$ off of them.

Thou hast maketh thine bed, now thou doth lie in it.

JM,

In the venacular of the planet, "What's your beef?"

Seriously my friend, I get the feeling you really don't like this reboot. What's up?

FC

I think if you approach it with the same attitude you need to watch the new Bond films you'll be OK.

I don't see this as a further beating of the franchise to death but as a possible fresh start on things.

I'll see it.

Edited by kirbykern

I will go see it. It looks good and could give a rats ass if the Trekkies like it or not.

JM,

In the venacular of the planet, "What's your beef?"

Seriously my friend, I get the feeling you really don't like this reboot. What's up?

FC

Actually, you have it backwards. I don't like the so-called Trekkers whose disdain of Enterprise and Nemesis caused Paramount to back off from the franchise for years. This film is the inevitable result. However, I've always liked Star Wars more than Star Trek (if you hadn't guessed?) so I'm fine with it.

Paramount gave a larger budget to this one film than any 3 previous ones combined, so they're definitely trying.

It looks good to me and i have been into Star Trek since i was a little kid. I see a few things i don't really like, The new Enterprise design looks much more modern than Kirks and it being built planetside instead of in a drydock in space, but as long as the story is good i'll overlook those things and support the new franchise. Kirks timeline has always been my favorite, so this could be the start of a very good series of movies IMO.

Ya know, if Roddenberry had the budget and technology of what they're working on now, I definately think that a lot of the "cannon" iconic stuff (such as the ships, bridge, uniforms, etc...) would look almost like what's in this movie (o.k., maybe not exactly like it, but you get what I mean). So, I really don't have a problem with this at all. The only thing that can really kill it, is a bad plot, bad acting, and poor character development, which I really don't see happening with JJ Abrams directing. The folks who just go overboard on everything needing to be cannon are pretty much convinced that they live in that universe and altering it, in any shape will destroy their pathetic lives.

Exactly. A lot of what came before didn't do so because of some "higher plan", it was just convenient, or limited by budget or technology, or because some actor didn't want to come back, etc.

So as long as the core of who the characters are, what the Federation is, what the Enterprise is and represents, and who their adversaries are remains intact (no one will go for Klingons in the Federation versus evil Vulcans for example), I think everything else is fair game.

Except I like the Enterprise from the first 6 films better. :biggrin: