Sign in to follow this  
Brain32

Interested in BoB terrain tiles?

Well I had a sudden hit of inspiration so I nearly made completely new set of tiles for BoB terrain even though I don't play ww2 in SF series. It's nothing very special really, but I think it looks rather nice and it can be finished very quickly(might as well pull it off as soon as Monday). There are no trees or objects so somebody would have to do those - sorry.

Anyway if you like it just say and I will do my best to release it ASAP ;-)

Here are a few pics:

img00006-5.jpg

img00007-2.jpg

img00008-3.jpg

img00009-3.jpg

Edited by Brain32

Me too! Feels like BoB II 2.08... :ok:

Just got a copy of SFP1 today (thank you viperBAT32!) and indeed well be interested also!

looks like the tiles wich were used in il2 modding scene?!

I know!The terrains are improving by leaps and bounds.1st saw the screenshots and thought it was introduction to a new sim,wow!

BAT3

Wow!!!!! that looks great. I would love to see a modern era terrain with that kind of improved city/ suburbs layout.

Very nice improvement of my old BoB terrain. I like it.

looks like the tiles wich were used in il2 modding scene?!

Interesting you mentioned this lol. Anyway on another, il2 related forum one guy complained how modders stole the tile from Oleg's SoW:BoB preview example. I told that guy that was stupid and that I can make a seamless tile like that in less than 5mins. So I did, then I made another, and another and well...why waste it on a silly argument :D

These look great,

You bet I would like to see them :biggrin::good:

Thanks Brain :good:

Nice!

yet I cannot help notice that the trees leave big shadows on differing directions. if you know what I mean.

Differing or not the only way that would fit anywhere would be no shadows at all, however theese are satellite photographs so such things are unavoidable...

Looks great Brain...I can hear those tiles singing..."please release me, let me go"

How's the tile number, may I ask? standard, around 60-70? Or bigger? Hedgerows are easy to plant, you know :smile:

Sorry it's default, the original texturelist got lost, so it was hard for me to add extra textures onto default ones. I can make (many)extra textures if anybody is willing to put them to good use. Just as long as that rules me off having to start another instance of terrain editor lol