Sign in to follow this  
Muesli

Betty Page died 12-11-2008

Hi fellow members, picked up this piece of news in the papers, a very small news item tucked away in the corner of a page:

"...on December 6, 2008, Page was hospitalized in critical condition according to Mark Roesle, her long-time friend and business agent. Roesle was quoted by the Associated Press as saying Page had suffered a heart attack and by Los Angeles television station KNBC as claiming Page was suffering from pneumonia . A family friend said Page was in a coma, a claim not denied by Roesle. Page died on December 11, 2008, having been on continuous life support since her heart attack in early December..."

In my honest and humble opinion Betty Page was a woman who was one of the "girl power" kind,

especially in an era when people were offended by seeing a navel... She made a complete

art of the profession she was in, and has been an example to many in the scene.

I bet she will be missed! A shame her death is placed in the shadow of other "more important news".

Muesli

Rest In Peace Bettie.

Not the best picture I have of her, but the least risky

:ph34r: CL

Are real woman. No synthetic parts or anorexia.

Back when women looked like WOMEN!

In this day and age, there are none remotely comparable to her.

RIP Betty.

Bettie Page, will leave forever on the NoseArt of the many CombatBirds's noses she graced with her forms.

Her looks put courage and determination in many aviators all around the world

Rest in Peace, Bettie.

Fly for ever

Edited by Canadair

Anyone know that she just up and quit posing and faded away not knowing the impact she had made on pop culture? It wasn't till she was tracked down in one of those "where are they now?' shows did she realise how (in)famous she was. Look her up in Wikipedia and see some of the songs, comics, and characters she inspired.

I have some pics of her but I don't need Dave to warn me about "content", lets just say her beauty's immortal.

Here here!!!

Her form and figure will forever grace us. (and she's used on a lot of the nose art decals I've made). Here's to Real Women ™!!!!

:drinks:

Wrench

kevin stein

Betty Page was the inspiration for the character Jenny Blake, played by Jennifer Connelly in The Rocketeer!

Rocketeer.jpg

PICJENNIFERCONNELLYROCKETEERFORBLOG.jpg

And yes I agree with the statement about many of the women (especially in Hollywood) these days being slutted-up skeletons. Makes you wonder (actually, not really) why there's been no relief airlift mission to California like there was in Eithiopia in the 80's. Instead of "Feed The World" the song would be like "Feed The Girls!".

Where have all the real women gone?

Oh no, she will be missed. No other woman in print has ever moved me the way she did. Her beauty is unmatched in my opinion, no other woman made for better nose art!

Rest in Peace