I remember seeing the HI tailcode on some USAF Phantoms. Lost to where but I'm way sure I wasn't confusing them with the German F-4Fs out of Holmgren with HO on the tail.

What i know is this:

HI = Hill AFB.

HO= Holoman AFB. 20th FS (German F-4E + F-4F)

I´ve never seen F-4C from 199th TFS with a Tailcode.

HH is the Tailcode of the Hawaii ANG.

I haven´t heart or seen anything that F-4G were based in (or on) Hawaii.

thats new for me.

Maybe i´m wrong, but that is what i know so far...

:wink:

btw the pack will be up today or tomorrow...

HI codes is used by an AFRES outfit based at Hill AFB, they used F-105 then F-16, they never operated F-4

Indeed, 199TFS Phantoms didn't wear tailcodes, they appeared with Eagles, later

Never heard about Wild Weasels in Hawaii neither, it's an air defence unit for some clear reason

it's an air defence unit for some clear reason

Probably to keep these guys away...

hiryu_birds.jpg

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

More Phantom's is ALWAYS a good thing!!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

No,tailcode HI on phantoms.Idaho ANG F-4G's landed at Hickam AB,Oahu and was not stationed there.So,the screenshot early in this post was exactly that F-4G at Hickam AB,Oahu.Looks like a museum plaque in front in photo.

OFF Topic;I'm finally medicine free at the moment and leukemia is in recession,Although the lupus isn't.Taking new experimental herb remedy.Spent the last 5 days in detoxing and mind is clearing. Been severely confused as of late and glad or I hope,didn't offend any one.Meaning,were I thought I was Pappy Boyington of Baa Baa Blacksheep there for awhile and some other off the wall stuff!Not trying to be courageous or anything.Just think there may have been more than one eyebrow lifted when I posted.Sorry Ladies and Gentleman.Trying to laugh about this but,some of my "stuff" stunk.

Brady

post-16817-1229473250_thumb.jpg

Tiki F-4E not showing up so good with the colors selected.Looks more like Eddie mascot of Iron Maiden.Here's what the Tiki looked like originally.Gonna try something else.

post-16817-1229473434_thumb.jpg

Brady

HI = Hill AFB.

Silly question here...was that back in the F-4 days? Because Hill AFB has been HL for a long time now...I think.

FC

WDH: Have you tried tried using Tiki as a decal instead of having it painted onto the skin?

WDH: Have you tried tried using Tiki as a decal instead of having it painted onto the skin?

kct,

Trying to learn how to on "write up" on decals.ini's.Apparently,not grasping the concept and would love to learn how to do this.Making the "D" folder in skin folder isn't a problem tho.Example;F-4G/561TFS/D/<---place of decal name.Every time I change this and position it turns skin white?

Brady

Silly question here...was that back in the F-4 days? Because Hill AFB has been HL for a long time now...I think.

FC

Here's a Thud from the 419th TFW/466th TFS AFRes with HI:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/R...hief/0782788/M/

And here is their former Vipers. They are now an associate unit to the 388th.

http://www.f-16.net/gallery_item142807.html

Cheers!

Definately, the Tiki should be done as a decal. It'll make the colors more crisp and bright.

Would be done the same way I do/did my nose art decals, excepting it'd be a Level=0 (for some reason postpatch level 1 is acting up)

Brady, I'll whip out a tga for that if you want; I've done SOOO many it shouldn't take long. Just shoot me a 256x256 bmp of the image, and I'll go from there.

Of course, you'll have to figure out the positioning and size on the nose, but again, that ain't too hard.

Wrench

kevin stein

Definately, the Tiki should be done as a decal. It'll make the colors more crisp and bright.

Would be done the same way I do/did my nose art decals, excepting it'd be a Level=0 (for some reason postpatch level 1 is acting up)

Brady, I'll whip out a tga for that if you want; I've done SOOO many it shouldn't take long. Just shoot me a 256x256 bmp of the image, and I'll go from there.

Of course, you'll have to figure out the positioning and size on the nose, but again, that ain't too hard.

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench,

Sure anything I can get to enhance my knowledge of decals placement for these great aircraft models will be sufficient.I made alot of .tga files myself but,like to see how you do yours.

Soulfreak,really sorry about the thread hijack!And your help has been of great value.

Brady

How are these Hi ANG birds doing?

Looking forward to them.

The discusion on tail codes for AF birds is very usefull for all here.

And yes I did confuse seeing the HI tailcode on an F-4 while I most likely saw them on a Thud.

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

ok, back 2 Topic. :biggrin:

1st skin is waiting for approval.

If I was able to make a a second F-4C folder for the 199th TFS Hawaii Ang and make it strictly and air defence airplane, What primary and second roles would they have if deployed?

Edited by charlielima

Primary missions defined in the data.ini would be CAP and INTERCEPT. Secondary missions would be SWEEP.

Roger That.

Still struggling with the 2nd and renamed folder thing and a data ini for it.

Raptors next!!!

:blink:

Have you got the block 20 Raptor???

199th TFS is included in the block 20 raptor... :rofl: