Sign in to follow this  

features for WOE Harrier Gr1, GR3, AV-8A and AV-8A (early) :

- cockpit tweakes/fixes (landing gear button position , airspeed needles for tens of knots made working, better cockpit position)

- avionic tweakes (new gunsights AA and AG, Sidewinder seeker cross, attitude bars tweak, new guncross and a more real layout of all that stuff)

- data ini tweakes (better engine TSFC, loadout positions and capabilities)

- other tweakes which I forgot about

- new version, a mod of the AV-8A to have a early AV-8A which had the GR1 cockpit/avionics but without moving map (pre Baseline avionics upgrade)

will upload it tomorrow if there is any interest... :skull:

post-2042-1229311389_thumb.jpg

post-2042-1229311404_thumb.jpg

post-2042-1229311411_thumb.jpg

post-2042-1229311421_thumb.jpg

Go for it !

Always looking for enhancements, cheers.

Me too!

It just so happens that my latest skinning project is precisely the WOE GR.3, so Crusader's enhacements couldn't have come in a better moment for me...

gr3earlypreviewuo7.jpg

:biggrin:

I've always found the GR.3 to be a little bit underpowered, though the VTOL modelling is awesome. I've tweaked my GR.3 to carry heavier ordnance as in real life and have Sidewinder and LGB capability (though not entirely realistic as targeting by ground forces is not modeled, so the aircraft still needs a targeting pod for designation - I simply disabled the model entry so that it does not show in-game).

Anyway, great job, Crusader!

Interested!

Ditto

OK.....

uploaded .... should be available as soon as its approved http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7861

the readme has all the info of what goes where etc.

This is v1.0 and I dont consider it finished ... :skull:

ChrisBV .. that skin looks good... any yea.. I updated the data inis too to have LGBs on the GR3 ... also changed other load limits etc....

The LGB thing.. thats no problem IMO, the game will "lase" main STRIKE targets ... and thats all the Harriers willdo/have done) with LGBs

Writing that I realize that I forgot to add LGB capability to the AV-8A ... GBU-12 could be used from the outboard wing stations.

~

- data ini tweakes (better engine TSFC, loadout positions and capabilities)

Downloaded. Looks good!

Can someone explain to me how the bold change affects aircraft/flight/gameplay? I'm trying to figure out what to expect.

Thanks!

Can someone explain to me how the bold change affects aircraft/flight/gameplay? I'm trying to figure out what to expect.

TSFC stands for Thrust Specific Fuel Consumption; it means how much fuel the engine burns per hour. In-game I have noticed that fuel doesn't burn as fast as before; that means you won't run out of fuel as soon as you take off and circle around your airbase. A major improvement if you ask me, as it was quite annoying carrying external fuel tanks to compensate the excessive fuel burn rate for an "around the corner" type of mission having to leave valuable ordnance behind to do so.

TSFC stands for Thrust Specific Fuel Consumption; it means how much fuel the engine burns per hour. In-game I have noticed that fuel doesn't burn as fast as before; that means you won't run out of fuel as soon as you take off and circle around your airbase. A major improvement if you ask me, as it was quite annoying carrying external fuel tanks to compensate the excessive fuel burn rate for an "around the corner" type of mission having to leave valuable ordnance behind to do so.

Ahhh... that makes sense. I did notice that the harriers seemed to burn through fuel incredibly quick.