I found this on wiki:

The APG-63(V)2 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar has been retrofitted to 18 U.S. Air Force F-15C aircraft. This upgrade includes most of the new hardware from the APG-63(V)1, but adds an AESA to provide increased pilot situational awareness. The AESA radar has an exceptionally agile beam, providing nearly instantaneous track updates and enhanced multi-target tracking capability. The APG-63(V)2 is compatible with current F-15C weapon loads and enables pilots to take full advantage of AIM-120 AMRAAM capabilities, simultaneously guiding multiple missiles to several targets widely spaced in azimuth, elevation, or range.

And this upadated Eagle unit is in Alaska,so we call it Alaska Eagle.

So, is there some folk interested in this?

Most certainly interested in AESA radar.Gonna read more about this and thanks for sharing.

What I been reading is this AESA radar is capable of tracking multiple air to and air to ground targets.It doesn't have hinges or need hydraulics therefore being more cost effective,weights less and more reliable due to less maintenance issues.Not to mention it's pilot friendly.B-2 is also to adapt ASEA's along with F-15C/D,F-35,F-22,F/A-18E/F,P-8 and B-1B.P-8 is a 737 A&EW for RAAF,Turkey and can not remember the other country.Anyone one of chosen a/c will be a hugh plus.Really interesting reading.

Brady

Edited by WDH

We can't accurately simulate an AESA radar in this sim. Lord knows we have tried. I think Fubar512 came up with a method of getting one close but he would have to verify that.

Most certainly interested in AESA radar.Gonna read more about this and thanks for sharing.

What I been reading is this AESA radar is capable of tracking multiple air to and air to ground targets.It doesn't have hinges or need hydraulics therefore being more cost effective,weights less and more reliable due to less maintenance issues.Not to mention it's pilot friendly.B-2 is also to adapt ASEA's along with F-15C/D,F-35,F-22,F/A-18E/F,P-8 and B-1B.P-8 is a 737 A&EW for RAAF,Turkey and can not remember the other country.Anyone one of chosen a/c will be a hugh plus.Really interesting reading.

Brady

The P-8 Poseidon is the US Navy's replacement for the P-3 Orion. The A&EW E-737 is being called the Wedgetail.

Here are pics of both.

E-737:

800px-Boeing_737_AEW&C_Turkish_Air_Force_flight_2.jpg

And the Poseidon:

P-8A_hero_clouds.jpg

-S

when is this Navy 737 coming and will it have a tail hook? lol

Edited by MAKO69

Why can't we have radars in game that can track and fire on multiple targets simultaneously? I know the F-14 can track something like 7 while engaging an 8th and I'm sure the F-15, F-16, F-22, F-18, and the F-35 can do similar things.

Why can't we have radars in game that can track and fire on multiple targets simultaneously? I know the F-14 can track something like 7 while engaging an 8th and I'm sure the F-15, F-16, F-22, F-18, and the F-35 can do similar things.

Because TK hasnt coded it that way....yet.

He seems to be more into early jets now getting closer and closer to early 50s :biggrin: Maybe we won't see advanced avionics, but I hope for further improvements in FM... stalls mig-alley style would be cool...

Dave,Good to know the future holds some big improvements for TK series.Can read between the lines in your statement.I think the best is to come now.

Brady

Dave,Good to know the future holds some big improvements for TK series.Can read between the lines in your statement.I think the best is to come now.

Brady

Don't read into it, I am merely speculating based on how he has added improvements in the past. I am not making a statement that I am in the know on that because I am not.

Anyone know what the approx. cruising range on the P-8 is? I'm still curious how the USN is going to cover NE USA and waters off of Cananda from Jacksonville, Florida! BNAS in Maine is slated for closure in 2011 :shok:

Anyone know what the approx. cruising range on the P-8 is? I'm still curious how the USN is going to cover NE USA and waters off of Cananda from Jacksonville, Florida! BNAS in Maine is slated for closure in 2011 :shok:

Sakai,

Range is to be about 1200nm at 41,000ft.

Dave,

Didn't mean to say you had inside information.You always been forthcoming in news of future development.I'm hoping to that TK will implement newer avionics for future games.Dang!Seem's like I always say the wrong things here of late.

Brady

Sakai,

Range is to be about 1200nm at 41,000ft.

I had the opporitunity in Sea cadets to go out on a short hop with a P-3 crew. I can say this much, we weren't at 41,000 ft :yes: The P-3 can shut down to 2 engines while cruising to save on petrol and loiter for a LONG time, I just don't see, short of logistical issues, what makes this a better maritime patrol craft then the P-3. Electronics can be upgraded, as can weapons. Maybe the age of the airframes, i dunno.

Dave,

Didn't mean to say you had inside information.You always been forthcoming in news of future development.I'm hoping to that TK will implement newer avionics for future games.Dang!Seem's like I always say the wrong things here of late.

You didnt say anything wrong. I was clarifing because I could see how someone could come to that conclusion like you did based on my post. Relax man. Es todo bueno...

You didnt say anything wrong. I was clarifing because I could see how someone could come to that conclusion like you did based on my post. Relax man. Es todo bueno...

Dave,it's cool! :good: Gotta figure out how to relax.Maybe,some NightTrain will do the trick.Warning!Not for the weak stomach.Wander if I can get a DWI in a wheelchair? :rofl:

Sakai,you lucky dog!A ride on a P-3 would be a blast!Also,i'm a fan of the P-2 Neptune.Grandfather always fueled my brother and mine interest in Military Aircraft.Still have paintings of P-2's on my hobby room wall from him.Have more recent ones to that my wife ordered for me.The latter painting is from my doctor out of Tyler,Tx who was a flight surgeon for the Thunderbirds in the '70's.

post-16817-1230758918_thumb.jpg post-16817-1230759165_thumb.jpg

Brady

The P-8 is also air refuelable, so duration is only limited by the crew.

-S

The P-8 is also air refuelable, so duration is only limited by the crew.

-S

...That is sort of expected from an 'airliner', though a small one.

The Tomcat can track 24 targets at once and can engage 6 of the 24 simultaneously if it has 6 AIM-54's available to it (in TWS-A and TWS-M modes, the difference is that in -M (Manual) the RIO designates which targets are to be engaged). Since the F-15 got its APG-70/APG-63V1 radar it can also do multi-target engagement with the AMRAAM (doesn't work with the AIM-7) and I don't know the limits of how many targets it can engage/track. The -16, -18, -22 and -35 I have no idea about but I'm willing to bet they can too. As has been said, however, this capability hasn't been added to the TW games.

EDIT: Apparently the APG-70 can track up to two targets at once for attack in a mode called "Dual Target Track" or DTT and can fire one AMRAAM at each of the two targets. Also has the TWS mode which tracks up to 10 targets. Don't know how many fired missiles that supports, however.

REF: http://www.f-15estrikeeagle.com/navigation..._technology.htm

Edited by Caesar

ah C, ya beat me to it!

DTT mode in the APG-70 ( 1985 +, MSIP II) was introduced to shoot two targets with AIM-7M .. not AMRAAM... hehe :skull:

Been itching for the next contest, DW!

@ Crusader: Evidentally that source should check its sources, either that or it was in reference to the AIM-7F!

Not really, at least because AESA is currently not modeled in the .dll of the avionics, plus we do not know whether we would ever see the capability in the games or not at all in the near future.