Yeah, that's what I have too on my hard drive. I have that pic and another one but that's it so far.

I found  my old Blue Angels Super Hornet skin and used the settings to get this:

img00003.JPG

• Like 6

Tweaked the gloss a bit more, or more exactly the reflection and it looks good enough for gubmint work. Also uploaded and waiting for admin approval.

img00005.JPG

img00006.JPG

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Did some research (was looking for something else) and happened upon the page for the F-16 Block 52 radar, so I tweaked it to improve the stats somewhat (for the Viper Team Block 52 F-16), radar reference is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/APG-68

Simply replace the file and go fly. You can lock onto  targets at  100 miles (I figured that was realistic enough) to use the AIM-120D effectively depending on your install.

F-16C_B52_AVIONICS.7z

Edited by EricJ
  • Thanks 2

Does anybody have better templates for the Viper Team F-16s? I don't feel like redoing the wing templates, but may have to if nobody has any lying around.

Thanks to daddyairplanes he got me some Ravenclaw_007 templates, which work fine for just making a personal skin. I'd have to muck with it some more with the templates if I want  to do anything more. Here's one thing I wanted to do, is have a uniform dark grey that drove  me up the wall with the original skins

img00002.JPG

• Like 3

Found another pic of the Vandy 1 Super Hornet. I fixed the tails now:

The download will be updated

340603267_103045712769440_679781308084047996_n.jpg

img00001.JPG

img00002.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A couple of things I'm working on here and there:

- RAAF EA-18G Growler. I've seen some stuff online and trying to work on a RAAF Growler. It's a work in progress, but I have some things ready, such as pylons adapted for A2A missiles (seen some photos with some AIM-9X/AIM-120 rails). So far you can turn the Growler into a hybrid Jammer/fighter plane and it's completely legal, from an Aussie standpoint. Also, have to make some decals and so a 6SQN skin.

- A-7E, may do a skin or two, depending on how I feel. And does anybody have the TMF A-7E (Late) template or similar lying around? I checked both SF1 and SF2 downloads and no joy. If somebody has some I'd appreciate it. If not I'll grudgingly make my own, or have to. I know there are TW A-7E available, but looking for TMF ones.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, EricJ said:

A-7E, may do a skin or two, depending on how I feel. And does anybody have the TMF A-7E (Late) template or similar lying around? I checked both SF1 and SF2 downloads and no joy. If somebody has some I'd appreciate it. If not I'll grudgingly make my own, or have to. I know there are TW A-7E available, but looking for TMF ones.

if he doesnt read and jump in, talk to yakarov79. he was working some A-7 skins a while back but dont remember if it was stock or TMF

change 23

not knowing how the stock ones are off the top of my head, i believe these are what your looking for

A7TPSTemplates.7z

still check with Jarek tho, if he's working with TMF then i garuntee his will be better.

10 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

change 23

not knowing how the stock ones are off the top of my head, i believe these are what your looking for

A7TPSTemplates.7z

still check with Jarek tho, if he's working with TMF then i garuntee his will be better.

Thanks that is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks :)

• Like 1

Decided to go with a VA-46 Clansmen in around 1990 or so. I think ODS (I'm quite sure they did) covered the Desert Storm birds so I don't feel like doing those (VA-72 I think it was that also participated in the operation). I'm trying to stay away from decals, but how it's mapped is forcing me to modify the TMF decals:

img00001.JPG

img00002.JPG

• Like 3

Definitely WIP scaling of the Clansmen insignia on the tail. I have a set of decals that I believe that were scanned by Dave years ago, and somehow I found them, which in all honesty saved a lot of work. Frankly their high-res and thankfully saved some time on this skin. I have to do the NAVY and the carrier (USS John F Kennedy) but overall I should get it done later on today.

img00006.JPG

img00007.JPG

• Like 5

Getting there...

img00008.JPG

img00009.JPG

• Like 3

Had to tweak the insignia, but looks as good as it's going to get, uploaded and waiting for approval.

VA-46ClansmanA-7E.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And some work on the RAAF Growler. I've seen one pic with dual AMRAAMs (up to four) on a MoD pic, and some other pics shows an outboard (at least inert) rail for a 9X Sidewinder. So I came up with this so far. I don't know the dual rail that it's using, but if anybody knows let me know so I can delete it and use the regular dual rail adapter:

wip302.JPG

Working on. You know with all these AI programs floating about you'd think some artist would come to the community and make a "TGA AI program"  where it creates all the tga's for you, instead of you doing it manually. As it's a Sunday and I'm making tgas by hand and not enjoying it. Rant over, but an old MoD PDF says that there are 12 serial numbers (aircraft) for the 12 aircraft in 2017. Problem is that my reference files feature more, and I need to figure out how many there are, as currently I'm doing only 12 for now.

img00001.JPG

• Like 1

templates and layers man, just like a skin

ya set up your template, save it and when you got your other numbers, just plug em in.

• Like 1

Well, I'm too dumb I guess to do that, though I will look into it maybe.

Completed as far as it can be done now. I'll hunt down the extra numbers tomorrow, but it looks fairly complete regardless.

Incidentally, I took my EPE Growler for some tests and it seems to be an effective plane for jamming  SAM sites. The only thing that kills EW planes is that there isn't a multiplayer system to make these planes shine. I mean the possibilities are endless but as such (not to drag into a dead horse conversation) it would be awesome to have some sort of multiplayer to use these planes rather than just whacking SAM sites and that's it.

wip304.JPG

Edited by EricJ

its weird how folks say they cant do (or dont like to do) decals that can do skins.

tga work just has a little more involvment with opacity and repetition, skin work has much more detail to it. but to me the skill sets are  the same (outside of hte decal.ini dance)

Well it's not like decalling is hard, it's just time consuming to me that's all. A lot of repetition like you mention and so on. I mean I finished it for now but seriously need a break from looking at it until tomorrow when I can do some research on how many planes the Aussies have (I want to say 24 as I think they bought some more after 2017 or so. But who knows and I'll find out tomorrow.

Eric: have you checked ADFserials.com ??? they've got all the Aussie, NZ stuff

No I haven't, thanks for that

EDIT: Found it, and it only has twelve listed. I guess not, so 12 aircraft so far.

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, EricJ said:

And some work on the RAAF Growler. I've seen one pic with dual AMRAAMs (up to four) on a MoD pic, and some other pics shows an outboard (at least inert) rail for a 9X Sidewinder. So I came up with this so far. I don't know the dual rail that it's using, but if anybody knows let me know so I can delete it and use the regular dual rail adapter:

wip302.JPG

RAAF Growler weapon carriage is identical to USN Gowlers except the RAAF had Boeing/ US Navy qualify the AIM-9X for the outer most wing stations at the ATFLIR pod on the left fuselage check station.

https://adbr.com.au/first-raaf-growler-rolls-out-fitted-with-aim-9x-and-atflir/

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 1

Yeah but I also have this pic (I already have most of that already, thanks though), so I'm going off of that.

RAAF-Growler.jpg

• Like 2