2 minutes ago, Menrva said:

I may be wrong, but I think @Cliff7600 is the only FM guru still around. Baffmeister hasn't been around in a long time, he contributed for some time on ODS 30AE. Both are very talented! I have no such good knowledge on flight models.

Thanks,  I'll PM him and see what happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nyghtfall said:

I have to admit, even if the actual YAP-RW-people are not the real YAP-guys, the actual one/ones are still a bit shady to me. They give credits for stuff they use, that's cool! That's a thing, that actually worked better, than here on CA...

But they also change stuff beyond all recognition or simply copy stuff together, that obviously doesn't work well and still say it's from you, although that crap isn't. Call me strange, but that's also not, how it works (at least for me).

For me they are neither pure white, nor pure black - just something in between. Sorry for hijacking the thread even more. I'm out again.

About the current state of YAP, Menrva has said it all.
What I can add is that "Ralph" is a very nice guy who became a friend, completely correct and with no intention of harming anyone or making any profit from the project.
He is simply a fan of the original YAP, and after the death of John Shelton (who was the guy that some here had problems with in the past), he took over the project to not let it go to limbo.

He has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the problems of the past, and I know he condemns the eventual bad things that happened on those occasions.

I participated in YAP-RW with some editions, suggestions and as a beta tester. (The soundtrack, for example, was chosen and placed by me.)
Everything was done by the YAP-RW Team with the care and desire to deliver an immersive experience and made as if it were for us, and I'm sure everyone involved thought so too.

Some things had to be changed in relation to the originals, but that's due to the way YAP was designed, often for it to work in the imagined way it is necessary to circumvent the SF engine and make a "workaround" (many things there I don't like either, but things are as they are).

All creators who contributed with objects, editions, in short, with everything, were duly credited and had their efforts recognized and eternalized there.

I've never commented on this, but I couldn't help but respond when reading some things here...

Edited by madvad
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, madvad said:

About the current state of YAP, Menrva has said it all.
What I can add is that "Ralph" is a very nice guy who became a friend, completely correct and with no intention of harming anyone or making any profit from the project.
He is simply a fan of the original YAP, and after the death of John Shelton (who was the guy that some here had problems with in the past), he took over the project to not let it go to limbo.

He has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the problems of the past, and I know he condemns the eventual bad things that happened on those occasions.

I participated in YAP-RW with some editions, suggestions and as a beta tester. (The soundtrack, for example, was chosen and placed by me.)
Everything was done by the YAP-RW Team with the care and desire to deliver an immersive experience and made as if it were for us, and I'm sure everyone involved thought so too.

Some things had to be changed in relation to the originals, but that's due to the way YAP was designed, often for it to work in the imagined way it is necessary to circumvent the SF engine and make a "workaround" (many things there I don't like either, but things are as they are).

All creators who contributed with objects, editions, in short, with everything, were duly credited and had their efforts recognized and eternalized there.

I've never commented on this, but I couldn't help but respond when reading some things here...

One last thing:

I don't care about original YAP and what they have done or not done, as I haven't spent a single cent on their stuff - I just don't know their stuff, so I cannot judge about the past!

I unwillingly contributed to YAP-RW, because the guys just used my stuff, that I released here. For that stuff I spent A LOT of time researching, gathering infos, creating decals, creating templates and so on... Workarounds are one thing. Copy stuff from different sources together or spending 5 minutes of time to copy one skin to a different plane and say, that this is my "work" is just nonsense. I want my work to be of good quality, so they should leave my name out of this shit. I never asked my mods to be added to YAP-RW and ripped apart by people, that obviously don't care for historical correctness. Theres a simple solution for that though: Just don't use my stuff! They should do stuff by themselves and invest their own time!

Have a nice day...

Edit: Sorry again, for the continued hijack. It was the last time.

Edited by Nyghtfall
  • Like 3

You're not hijacking the thread (not too much anyway) so your concerns are pretty valid given the touchy nature of YAP and YAP-RW so far. I just hope that things work out for the better with YAP-RW and so on.

Cliff7600 will look at the files and hopefully provide a workable solution to the FM issue with the Prowler though. It flies okay just trapping is a nightmare and frankly understand why trapping is such a clincher for some people. I mean I get more focused on landing than on a normal runway, but the ease of some jets takes away the worry.

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1

I have some VX-23 stuff for the F/A-18E and figured it would look good on an EA-18G:

img00001.JPG

img00002.JPG

• Like 1

Final look, will be uploaded and awaiting authorization:

VX-9SD525.JPG

• Like 1

Just spent some time fixing a glaring mistake for the VAQ-130 and VAQ-140 skins. At the time I didn't know that the numbers for an EA-18G squadron go from 500 to 505 for years apparently as I never worried about it, mainly focused on the E/F squadrons. That is fixed now as finally it's done right I think. I've seen 506 too but I think that's just an NL squadron thing and not a typical Growler squadron.

I've found when looking for modex/bunum association (with each other!), this site is most helpfull

http://www.gonavy.jp/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wrench said:

I've found when looking for modex/bunum association (with each other!), this site is most helpfull

http://www.gonavy.jp/

Thanks for this as it'll help with Modex and the like :)

I have this model on hand, this is a decent 2S6 model (here: https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3ds-sa19-tunguska-vehicle/609893) that I bought and years ago had somebody implement it into SF2. I have it setup for game use, it works except for the missiles, which I found out today don't work because it only moved the guns. Can somebody look over this and see what the issue is? I have the original files (Max or 3DS) so there's no issue of finding the original 3D model which is now exported to .LOD format. If anybody is interested let me know so they can look at it.

sf344.jpg

sf342.jpg

sf287.jpg

sf286.jpg

Hi EricJ, have you considered making the USNTPS skin for the F/A-18F?

1/48 Meng F/A-18F USNTPS NAS Patuxent River - F/A-18 STGB Part 2 -  Britmodeller.com

I have come across pictures of just 4 aircraft in that scheme, numbered 00, 01, 02, 03 (00 is in the picture above).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Svetlin said:

1/48 Meng F/A-18F USNTPS NAS Patuxent River - F/A-18 STGB Part 2 -  Britmodeller.com

I have come across pictures of just 4 aircraft in that scheme, numbered 00, 01, 02, 03 (00 is in the picture above).

Sick scheme, looks like a X-Wing!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Svetlin said:

Honestly I didn't know it existed and I'm sure I can do one.

• Like 1

Starting it. Since my computer doesn't have a print screen button (you know right? Amazing) I finally figured out how to use LODviewer to refresh the skin so I don't have to get back into the game and back again. Anyway here's an initial lay of the orange line:

img00006.JPG

• Like 3

Work so far. I may not be able to show the process but this is what you get with good, efficient mapping of a model. It was relatively painless getting it done too:

img00007.JPG

img00008.JPG

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, EricJ said:

but this is what you get with good, efficient mapping of a model

what, you dont wanna work with the batshit crazy, schizophrenic skins :lol::lol:

tends to make me amazed when i do work with one thats well laid out

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

what, you dont wanna work with the batshit crazy, schizophrenic skins :lol::lol:

tends to make me amazed when i do work with one thats well laid out

Agreed, I think the hardest thing to do now is the "USNTPS", I think I may Times New Roman for the font as it's not LongbeachUSN

• Like 1

Yeah, though we'll see as I don't know the font offhand. I doubt NAVAIR would tell me.

Found a close enough font to work with the USNTPS. Next is the numbering and then uploading it.

img00009.JPG

img00010.JPG

• Like 2

it's not USN_Stencil?

I know that's used for Modex, BuAirNum, and various squadron lettering

usn_stencil.jpg

Nah I have the USN letters, but it didn't look right. I used a British (I think it was) to get the font  at least looking close to it, and seems good enough for government work.

Edited by EricJ
  • Haha 2

Beautiful skin Eric! BTW, what is USNTPS?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stratos said:

BTW, what is USNTPS?

United States Naval Test Pilot School

Thank you for the skin, EricJ :drinks:

Edited by Svetlin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Stratos said:

Beautiful skin Eric! BTW, what is USNTPS?

As Svetlin said it's the US Navy Test Pilot School, where they train people to be test pilots. It's actually here:

https://www.navair.navy.mil/nawcad/usntps

5 hours ago, Svetlin said:

United States Naval Test Pilot School

Thank you for the skin, EricJ :drinks:

No problem!

• Thanks 1