From what I have noticed she runs like a raped ape and flys great, yall will be getting a MAJOR treat when Eric uploads this.

Again gotta thank JAT81500's hand in this :good:

Animations currently:

post-5735-1232902864_thumb.jpg

If there's one thing that ticks me off, it's the US Navy. Why? they have to pick the most complex color in the world. Effective yes, but I think I finally got it (I hope this time!):

If you think that are bad try the splinter on the Swedish Viggens :smile:

This project is just getting better and nicer every time. Looking forward to this one

Here ya go, some shots from carrier ops with the E.post-24678-1232909951_thumb.jpg post-24678-1232909969_thumb.jpg

post-24678-1232909981_thumb.jpg post-24678-1232909994_thumb.jpg

post-24678-1232910006_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jarhead1

I guess you gotta let the Marines do something every once in awhile that's constructive :smile:

That's a great looking model, and appreciate all the work being done on it!

As far as us Marines being constructive, give us the right weapon system, and we can be real destructive too! :biggrin:

Again gotta thank JAT81500's hand in this :good:

Animations currently:

Is that your refueling probe I see extended or you just happy to see me? :lol:

:rofl:

Speaking of that.. preliminary textures for the probe.

post-5735-1232915760_thumb.jpg

Here ya go, some shots from carrier ops with the E.

Wow!

can't wait to take some shots too!

Edited by Silverbolt

This thread serves as an interesting insight into the process of freeware model development by a team with different disciplines. So in that light, I'll be regularly updating it as I continue to work on the SupaBug. There will be a few things left as a surprise (can't give away everything...) but hopefully this will serve as an educational experience for most of our members.

Current update: AGM rails are too big...resizing is necessary, which requires altering the weapon stations. In addition, the ARM and SAHM missiles won't mount with just rails...they need their own separate pylons. Minor work there.

Also, just found out spoilers are 'cut' the wrong way...totally missread the diagram they were based on! So they'll have to be recut out of the mesh.

Finally, the more I look at the flaps, the more I notice they seem to not only rotate, but 'translate' when extended. So they're going to probably be hard coded on the animation.

So, lots of progress, but lots of revision needed.

FC

This thread serves as an interesting insight into the process of freeware model development by a team with different disciplines. So in that light, I'll be regularly updating it as I continue to work on the SupaBug. There will be a few things left as a surprise (can't give away everything...) but hopefully this will serve as an educational experience for most of our members.

Current update: AGM rails are too big...resizing is necessary, which requires altering the weapon stations. In addition, the ARM and SAHM missiles won't mount with just rails...they need their own separate pylons. Minor work there.

Also, just found out spoilers are 'cut' the wrong way...totally missread the diagram they were based on! So they'll have to be recut out of the mesh.

Finally, the more I look at the flaps, the more I notice they seem to not only rotate, but 'translate' when extended. So they're going to probably be hard coded on the animation.

So, lots of progress, but lots of revision needed.

FC

...They DO translate in real life. by a few inches... :ok:

And no I don't want the ATFLIR hardcoded, because yes true, it's used quite alot, but sometimes it isn't, so it'll be what it is, a removable pod.

Good decision. We use ATFLIR and Litening on both stations 5 and 6. Sta 5 needs a special mounting adapter for Litening that is only approved for testing purposes at the moment.

Vamp

Edited by Vampyre

Some more progress shots. Not visible are mapping changes. On that topic, the template is now "all inclusive" (so one template handles the E/F/G models with no difference except for of course the two seat versus single) like BLT, its just all together (well USAFBLT is a different story altogether.... :lol:). On the serious notes, we were having issues with weapon placement, as well as the fun fun fun sub-pylons for the Mavs, HARM, and Sparrows. So instead of the whole mishmash (which it turned out to be) FC managed to make it a whole new pylon model, so when you select the HARM (as you can see in the screenie) it's a whole pylon, not just the adapter, same with the Sparrows. Of course they need mapping, will start soon, but here's some stuff that is just beautiful :good: Also the top left pic shows the repositioning of the middle wing pylon. Shown in one screenie are the spoilers deployed. JAT81500 gonna need you to work on that, as you'll have the latest in your inbox, "non clown skin" included. Also shown is the new flap setting, which was assumed to be like the Legacy Hornet, but after looking at it, was readjusted, also to clear the weapons on the outer pylons. I have to redo the wing textures only for readjusting the "mounting holes" positioning, but the good thing is it shouldn't be much longer.

Only other issues to tackle ini-wise is the compression of the gear, all SH's are "low riders" so gonna need that accomplished, as well as the spoilers only deploying at very low speeds, which of course should be at all speeds. I owe FC positions for the formation lights, which can be solved easily.

post-5735-1232968824_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1232968831_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1232968840_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1232968847_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1232969574_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1232969581_thumb.jpg

Hey Eric

Darken the skin even more. Here is some shots I took of the SupaBug at the airshow at Tinker and its much darker up close.

Well.. I took the colors from a modelling site. The main issue is that scheme is various colors during different lighting conditions man. I know you mean well, but that's during a cloudy day, here's one during a sunny day, and what I used to get the color.

post-5735-1232976293_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1232976869_thumb.jpg

Finally got off my butt and got a gun texture, and prelim rail textures for the dual rails.

post-5735-1232985639_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1232985646_thumb.jpg

Keep working! Keep working! damn, it's very nice to see a model evolving

Well even if you look at that one in the sunny pic you can see the shading is darker than in the bmp. Not a big deal though. I know you were saying it was a hard shade to get right.

Well I'll darken it a tad, and see how it looks.

Here it is 10% darker. Maybe 5%?

post-5735-1233002326_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233002334_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233002341_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233002348_thumb.jpg

Here it is 10% darker. Maybe 5%?

That's near perfect! :good:

Earlier, I meant to tell you that you need only take the darker tone and take it down another shade...

...then you'll nail it :ok:

take 1

post-5735-1233002998_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233003006_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233003012_thumb.jpg

And the Echo earns her wings.