We're Phanatics!

:off_topic::please: Not fair to Erik and FC. Lets not ruin this thread

Yes back on topic. Sorry FC and Eric.

No problem Dave, and I'd like to reiterate that this is not (again) a Super Hornet vs. The World topic. Whether or not you like it or do not like it, that's fine, as this is not the place to argue the merit's/stupidity of the Navy's decision. But regardless, the US Navy made it and we have to live with it, fair or foul. In some respects it worked, and in some it did not, and consequently the SH gets the moniker of "Rhino" due to it's weight on landing (if I remember that from another forum some time ago) not so much it's capability, looks or the current phase of the moon. I don't mind flying the Phantom every once in a while, but my personal view is time moves on and that's that.

So I don't besmirch people's opinion way or another, I like it but do see some of the faults without a blind eye, but that's just my 2cents on the issue. I just don't like it in an area where we're not discussing capabilities, we're discussing a project.

And an article Canadair on the weird ways and whys of the pylons:

http://worldwidewarpigs.blogspot.com/2009/...ores-story.html

Off topic: Rhino = F-4. Period. End of story. I always thought "Thunderchicken" suited the SH well. Too many syllables for the radio, I guess. Resume Topic.

F-4 is Rhino, Rhino is F-4, end of story.

Back on topic, this Bug should be fun to fly.

In which it is I will say it is :good: JAT81500 did a very good job so far on the FM, so it'll be all good.

Right now it's closed to limited testing. Overall we're so far finding out issues on our own, but if needed will consider it 76.IAP-Blackbird!

And an article Canadair on the weird ways and whys of the pylons:

http://worldwidewarpigs.blogspot.com/2009/...ores-story.html

thanks for the article, it is a very interesting read. I read somehwere there was a reason for the pylons, and as much as it is @weird@, if those are the pylons, that should be in the model. period.

And agree with you. We can discuss SH flaws and pros from enginnering and operational point of view, but that should not stop anyone from downloading wanting or be thankful for the model. Otherwise we should discuss ,, the F-104's issues for example...

Again, can' t wait for this, thanks FC and EricJ, and all thos einvolved

Edited by Canadair

Hey, we still want the SH after all (especially in real life over here).

Next out of the chocks...

FC

SHOOOOOT you don't even know... :no:

..what is LINED UP! :minigun:

I got that stick it up your nose and sniff it... :biggrin:

...it's a suicide. :suicide:

Got to love any unit called the "Pukin' Dogs".

FC

I sent some stuff to Eric for the VFA-143 skin. Also hangar and loading screens too.

Well was going to show a screenie of the F but FC got there first. ATFLIR is now in game, and it's setup as a pylon but you can't load anything else. Due to coding I'm quite sure you can mount a different pod, as the screenie shows. JAT81500 sent me a layer for extra detail work, revised intake warning stickers and serial number:

post-5735-1233782295_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233782307_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233782321_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233782330_thumb.jpg

I've got A-to-A pics of them if you want one for the loading screen. And a few F-model units too.

-Jeff

Sure thing, wouldn't mind myself...

Well was going to show a screenie of the F but FC got there first. ATFLIR is now in game, and it's setup as a pylon but you can't load anything else. Due to coding I'm quite sure you can mount a different pod, as the screenie shows. JAT81500 sent me a layer for extra detail work, revised intake warning stickers and serial number:

Cool! And just to be clear my friend, the pylon that holds anything other than the ATFLIR can hold other things that are that general size and shape of a LANTIRN style pod.

Still working on the spinners for the various other pods (ALQ-99, Buddy Pod). Once I figure that out, then the G model will be available.

FC

That's good to know man, but I'll stay "pure" as Dave and I were talking about that last night. So in any case, the F looks beautiful, did a few Range tests and it seems to be fine. There's a snag I want to re-verify but other than that... beautious work :good: :good: :good: :good:

And since I'm on that subject. Just quick like while I'm working on the skin for the ATFLIR. FC figureamajigged it so it rotates like a turret. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure due to game limitations it can't orient itself to the locked on target. But it's a neaty little feature anyways, and quite cool actually. And no again, due to limitations, you cannot aim the pod itself.

post-5735-1233798877_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233798889_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233798901_thumb.jpg