lindr2,

I am working on decals at the moment. I made a single decal with shorter "IAF finflash", Hawks logo & lettering in it. I scanned a photo from the Su-30 book and made a tga out of it. But I have a feeling I might have real trouble in getting the decals to align properly.

k_rdr.jpg

Edited by ghostrider883

Paint the common decs...such as hawk and insignia...on the bmp.....saves u time...

Edited by russouk2004

Nice!!!

Just a question, can anyone help me find the place on the template where the nose section of the Su-30 is painted?

I'd like to repaint the Su-30KN nose to dark grey...

MKI

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping::ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

That was the camo sported by one of the MKI prototypes that crashed in England during an airshow in 1997. Can't wait to see it in No.20 Sdn Indian AF "Lightnings" markings & SB-XXX serial numbers :cool::biggrin: . I bet kct would be willing to make RMAF markings & decals for it :grin:

Edited by ghostrider883

The MKI dons Indian colours :cool:

img00200.jpg

img00201.jpg

Lot of work needs to be done.....

Edited by ghostrider883

I love this thing. :good:

I'll wait as long as it takes. :good:

SWEET. Finally, the close cousin of our pride.

lindr2,

how's this for a Su-30K? The IAF finflash, Black Hawk and "Hawks" are on a single decal. The easier option i.e painteing them on the bmp was proving to be a major headache. Hence I took the decal option.

hkqw.jpg

:biggrin:

Does anyone have or can anyone suggest a good accurate font for making the nose serial numbers as in this pic?

Su-30a.jpg

Su-30x.jpg

Edited by ghostrider883

Guest pfunkmusik

Apropos of absolutely nothing whatsoever, would any of the mud-moving-capable examples being made be deployed around, say, 1997?

I may or may not have an acute need for a Russian strike platform around that time frame.

pfunk

the 0 and 8 look reallllly close to Amarillo USAF font ... if not a perfect match, it's damn close!!

or made the RAF font, as the A-USAF only has a single vert line for the "1" without the little dingus sticking out.

Wrench

kevin stein

Are those real canards?! or the fake ones?

Real ones, you can tell by how the fuselage LERX curves to it, and how the fuselage straigtens out at the inside tip of the canard. Can't wait to fly the beastie :smile:

You are right, but have myself an older model flying around my HDD with those curves but without canards. I like those red birds ... realy sexy

lindr2,

how's this for a Su-30K? The IAF finflash, Black Hawk and "Hawks" are on a single decal. The easier option i.e painteing them on the bmp was proving to be a major headache. Hence I took the decal option.

hkqw.jpg

:biggrin:

Does anyone have or can anyone suggest a good accurate font for making the nose serial numbers as in this pic?

Su-30a.jpg

Su-30x.jpg

And...have you finished this? We just need a Su-30K skin :clapping:

Don't know would it ever make it. He mentioned that he lost a lot of data in a HDD crash.

Don't know would it ever make it. He mentioned that he lost a lot of data in a HDD crash.

Yeah, Ghost lost a lot... don't think this one survived. :cray:

I am afraid none of the data could be recovered from the HDD :sad: . However, I have sent the HDD to another place for a second opinion.

I truly believe the skin i did for Amokfloo's M2KD was my best work so far in these last 5 years of me being in the community. Oh well..I will re-attempt it someday.

Need some Su-30M,Su-30K details...

Is Su-30K use Russian or Western type HUD?

I know Su-30MKI is full western type...

And how about Su-30M?

Or there is a" What if" full inteceptor? I call it Su-30M/Su-30PM

Edited by Erwin_Hans

Hope lindr2 knows something about it, all export variants for india and other nations use western style HUD, so far I know... all version wich are used in the russian AF use standart russian hud

Need some Su-30M,Su-30K details...

Is Su-30K use Russian or Western type HUD?

I know Su-30MKI is full western type...

And how about Su-30M?

Or there is a" What if" full inteceptor? I call it Su-30M/Su-30PM

Su-30M is PROTOTYPE - 2 planes {no need to make it}, they don't have full avionics pack.

1st plane - T10PMK-1 no serial number, decal number '01' lost 12.10.1998 in Le Bourge

2nd plane - T10PMK-6 no serial number, decal number '06' - convertted Su-30 with '56' number

About Su-30K i know only that: because plane made for india, it must have english caption & imperial units HUD, because Su-30K based on Su-30, it should be close to him, but planes can be updated for India, for details ask ghostrider883.

Su-30K has GPS nav system & refueling capable.