Sign in to follow this  
king_kahuka_godobel

AC-130 replacement

You have to wonder why so often things that work well aren't simply transplanted from one airframe to another but instead they make a whole new thing from scratch. At least the jammers for the EA-6 were used on the F-111 and now the EA-18G. Then there was that ASPJ fiasco.

I know they still need to replace the older AC-130s, and something tells me we'll never find a better replacement...than a newer AC-130!

Aye, just like the only true replacement of the A-10... is another A-10! :good:

The AC-27 looks like a modern equivalent of the 'nam-era AC-123 'Black Spot'.

Personally I'd like to see the 'Credible Chase' concept revisited, especially now when we're fighting mostly COIN ops anyway.

The USAF is buying, or showing significant interest, in the AT-6B/C Texan as a COIN platform. We've already got most of the helos covered.

-S

Aye, just like the only true replacement of the A-10... is another A-10! :good:

HERE HERE!!!!

The USAF is buying, or showing significant interest, in the AT-6B/C Texan as a COIN platform. We've already got most of the helos covered.

-S

Any Marine Corps interest? There was talk about bringing OV-10s back. There could of been some confusion with contractors.

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

Ok at the risk of sounding like an idiot we *are* talking about Texan *II*s right? not the originals?

Ok at the risk of sounding like an idiot we *are* talking about Texan *II*s right? not the originals?

The Texan II (2). I'm not sure if this is a Beechcraft design or an American Pilatus PC-9?

I would think US would have huge interest in the Super Tucano. They have some interest or they wouldn't be paying Blackwater to operate them.

I know we aren't in a piston engine aviation world anymore but one of these makes more sense to me

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima