Sign in to follow this  
HotNess

mig 25 shooty missile things help

He must have crashed & burned...can't have been pretty.

He must have crashed & burned...can't have been pretty.
Ya it is never pretty :biggrin:

Syrinx...<sniff>...you smell great!

Oh! So she's in Earth Alliance uniform now?

“No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.”

“Syrinx is always right. I will listen to Syrinx. I will not ignore Syrinx's recommendations. Syrinx is god.”

U BETER RESPEKT SIRINX SHE IS A GODDESS GET IT RIGHT, K THANX BYE!!!!!!!!!!111 :smile:

Hey fellas/fellattes. If this is a US vs Iraq thing, MiG-25 shouldn't have any radar because of all the jamming. However, trying to recall what I read once, there is another radar mode that either wasn't jammed or something that Iraqi pilots could use, or they went IR. I dunno. And their comms with base was mucked up too.

For this purpose, recall the old Patch problem green washout of radar...just what is needed. Or, maybe somebody wants to make an avionics.ini that models a nicely jammed and largely unusable radar.

True Lex but the Mig-25 was designed with Jamming in mind and from about 40-50 miles there was a good chance it could target and lock on to other aircraft. The comms with the bases was so messed up they didnt know which way was up and a lot of the Iraqis where flying blind....

Hey fellas/fellattes. If this is a US vs Iraq thing, MiG-25 shouldn't have any radar because of all the jamming. However, trying to recall what I read once, there is another radar mode that either wasn't jammed or something that Iraqi pilots could use, or they went IR. I dunno. And their comms with base was mucked up too.

For this purpose, recall the old Patch problem green washout of radar...just what is needed. Or, maybe somebody wants to make an avionics.ini that models a nicely jammed and largely unusable radar.

It would be nice, LOMAC modelled it as teh blips going all crazy on the HUD. Still though, if the AI actually used ECM then it'd be a good feature.

ISn`t AI jamming ingame?! I someitmes loose the lock on a enemy plane, seems they use Jammer trying to relock it but it needs a bit patience sometimes.. RCS is different you can`t see those bird on the radar screen but those Jammerbirds are sometimes, depents on your bird, impossible to lock on fram greater distance

ISn`t AI jamming ingame?!

Yes.

Now that I remember.. yeah it is. I was trying to shoot down a couple Bears, and expended a good load of AMRAAMs on both. Finally got one with a winder, and one an AMRAAM in the No Escape Zone. It's pretty obvious that the Bear has more juice as I've gotten alot of kills with AMRAAMs when they were probably jamming, or just the loadouts don't mount them.

Bump!

Apart from loving the title of this thread, I have been working up some campaigns for Kurils terrain and running into trouble getting my Foxbats to engage properly... for all the reasons explained in this thread. I have applied some of the rough edits as suggested by C5 and Gepard to the avionics sections, and it's better, but, you know. . .

I was just wondering if some MiG-guru like lindr2 or Gepard was thinking about a radar upgrade pack for the excellent Foxbat pack by Dave and others available here at CA?

Cheers all,

Baltika

hehe old thread.

Jamming does not work in my game, because it causes warhead detonation at I guess the point of tracking failure. SAMs explode just off the launcher, and if they have nuc warheads, they wipe out the SAM site (all swell, but...). If your game needs nuc warheads, jamming can't be used. Imagine shooting GAR-11 at target say Tu-95 employing jamming, and the nuc warhead blows under your missile bay :grin: (great job on that F-102 bay btw).

Really neither does the self-destruct timer which also causes warhead detonation. I had thought up some partial workarounds for nuc missiles but never tested them until my SF-Free vacation.

well, actually i dont use Ecms .. no need for those small cans