Sign in to follow this  
Syrinx

Topgun II in the works

Am I a rivet counter for seeing this film when I was seven and knowing even then that there were 4 catapults??

Perhaps they were recovering aircraft at the same time - in which case the waist cats would be unusable

"Now, I'm not gonna sit here and blow sunshine up your ass, Lieutenant."

Edited by gbnavy61

Iceman - "The trophy for second place is in the ladies room"

Goose - "AAHHHH HAAAA HAAAA HAAA HAAA, aw, you kill me, you really do!"

Greetings.jpg

"Is this your idea of fun, Mav?" :biggrin:

There's a Mig-28 around that you could've used instead of that real Mig, cgold...

"And YOU A$$HOLE, you're lucky to BE here..."

There's a Mig-28 around that you could've used instead of that real Mig, cgold...

"And YOU A$$HOLE, you're lucky to BE here..."

"Thank you, sir." :biggrin:

Charlie: Excuse me, Lieutenant. Is there something wrong?

Maverick: Yes ma'am, the data on the MiG is inaccurate.

Charlie: How's that, Lieutenant?

Maverick: Well, I just happened to see a MiG 28 do a...

Goose: We!

Maverick: Uh, sorry Goose. WE happened to see a MiG 28 do a 4g negative dive.

Charlie: Where did you see this?

Maverick: Uh, that's classified.

Charlie: It's what?

Maverick: It's classified. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Maverick, you just did an incredibly brave thing. What you should have done was land your plane! You don't own that plane, the tax payers do! Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash. You've been busted, you lost your qualifications as section leader three times, put in hack twice by me, with a history of high speed passes over five air control towers, and one admiral's daughter!

Slider - Goose who's butt did you kiss to get in here anyway?

Goose - The list is long, but distinguished.

Slider - Yeah, well so is my Johnson.

Great Mav real slick!!

think im gonna need a beer to put these flames out.... yo!!

"Gentlemen, this is your first hop. The jets you're flying against are smaller, faster, and more maneuverable...just like the enemy MiG's. The clock is ticking and as of now, we are keeping score..."

"Gentlemen, this is your first hop. The jets you're flying against are smaller, faster, and more maneuverable...just like the enemy MiG's. The clock is ticking and as of now, we are keeping score..."

Yeah, an A-4 being faster than a Tomcat. Definately smaller, maybe a little bit more maneuverable, but definately not faster. That line always cracked me up. Even an 8 year old would know that to be bogus.

Yeah, an A-4 being faster than a Tomcat. Definately smaller, maybe a little bit more maneuverable, but definately not faster. That line always cracked me up. Even an 8 year old would know that to be bogus.

Yeah...I noticed that too when I watched it for the first time (when I was 8, matter of fact... :blink: ). Still a great ACM scene...

Though I recall there was a US Senator who took the liberties made in the movie at heart and questioned the F-14's acquisition due to their cost, if I recall correctly...

"You two characters... are going to TOP GUN!"