MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

The second picture is a keeper, monkey - it captured the drama of the fight, and even the nasty weather adds to that.

Nice work, Smiley. Is that the same pilot you started up a couple of weeks back?

Good to see you're getting in nice and close - you need to with the rather modest load-out the Bebe has, eh!

Look forward to your future reports - with pics! :salute:

Thanks Olham, that one is my pick of the bunch too.

That is my same pilot, TaillyHo, he has had a few nasty scrapes in the month or so he has been serving, but he still lives....I have feared for his life on more than one occassion as he has been forced down a couple of times, and once only just made it back over the lines, but he is the only pilot I have on the go at the moment, so I am being quite careful with him.

Still, you can only be careful up to a point, and after that your survival is all in the hands of the Gods.

He met Rolands for the first time a few missions ago, that was almost the end of him, I managed to put the Nieup down at a nearby friendly airfield, but she was smoking terribly, I think one more hit and she would have been in flames...

Thanks Olham, that one is my pick of the bunch too.

That is my same pilot, TaillyHo, he has had a few nasty scrapes in the month or so he has been serving, but he still lives....I have feared for his life on more than one occassion as he has been forced down a couple of times, and once only just made it back over the lines, but he is the only pilot I have on the go at the moment, so I am being quite careful with him.

Still, you can only be careful up to a point, and after that your survival is all in the hands of the Gods.

He met Rolands for the first time a few missions ago, that was almost the end of him, I managed to put the Nieup down at a nearby friendly airfield, but she was smoking terribly, I think one more hit and she would have been in flames...

Good to hear - and yes, Rolands are a far more dangerous opponent than the more common Einie.

Carry on, Dobbs! :salute:

Damn, that S.E.5a in pic 2 and 3 looks good!

Is it an OFF ace skin, monkey, or an own skinning job?

Edited by Olham

..sometimes there are moments of peace...

I think the skin is from a download pack that I found by UK_Widowmaker.

http://combatace.com/files/file/9858-6-sqn-australian-flying-corps-se5a/

I really wanted the SE5a skin from 6 squadron for the nice red band and kangaroo, just as a player, not for any sense of historical accuracy, just because I wanted to honour the Aussie flyers in my own little way.

Of course I know nothing at all about putting skins into the sim, so I put the unzipped file into the first folder of many for SE5a aircraft in the game, and with repeated messing about could not find the kangaroo one at all...Leading me to assume I had done it completely wrong.

However, the sim continued to run, which was good, and I found what looked to be a boomerang on one of the skins, so I just went with that.

They come back when you throw them you know, theoretically at least....Not the actual hunting boomerangs, they are just designed to smash your skull in, but I digress.

Anyway, the point is, if it is indeed one of Widowmakers skins, thank you sir...I love it.

The next thing I suppose is where can I find a simple step by step explanation of how to successfully get skins into the game?

I need the help to be honest.

Well, even the hunting boomerang comes back to you, when you miss your prey - that's the whole idea about it, I guess.

You will find (and have to place) all the skins of OFF in this folder:

[your sim folder] > campaigns > CampaignData > skins

If you get yourself the freeware IRFANVIEW, you can even see all the 3.700 plus skins OFF provides.

You get it here:

http://www.irfanview.de/

Edited by Olham

Thanks Olham, I will give that a try.

Will look into Irfanview as well, helpful fella you are.

If I can be one of the good spirits here every now and then, it would make me happy.

I wish you good success, monkey!

Olham, I think it goes without saying, though should be said, that you are one of the most helpful people on the internet...At least, that I have come across. That goes for all of the good people here on this forum, it is a rarity, and a joy to visit.

And now, more screenshots.

scramble.jpg

dfw.jpg

jasta27.jpg

buddabuddapop.jpg

downshegoes.jpg

Sam Vimes has been busy...Those DFW's are damn dangerous, I really have to work on my tactics for them...Last time I met them, I had to land near a spotter due to the accurate gunners of Ss-13.

Thanks, man. That S.E.5a of yours will sooner or later lure me into a British campaign.

I have followed your advice mate and see the results....I am a happy pilot right now....

A huge Thank You to UK_Widowmaker for uploading this fine skin, go 6sqd....

flyingkangaroo.jpg

Yes...A british campaign, come to the dark side Olham....:grin:

It will only be a matter of time before I step back into an Albatross now that I know how to use the skins properly, sooo many nice skins for that plane.

Edited by smilingmonkey

Thanks, man. That S.E.5a of yours will sooner or later lure me into a British campaign.

The SE5a is certainly a great crate to fly and I'm sure I'll be lured back to start another campaign with RFC-56 as I had a blast with Digsbee.

I know, Shiloh - I had a pilot on an S.E.5a, but lost him, when I upgraded my system.

I'll be back soon.

There is something about this shot that I really like.

off1n.jpg

Yeah, "Le Pol" was really made for Polovski; I think by Sandbagger?

I met this craft too, and even shot it down.

After that, I had nightmares about P4 never getting done anymore.... :grin:

Nice pics in your S.E5, Smiley - I especially like the 4th one in the series - where you capture the moment the engine block is blown clear of that DFW. You must have good reflexes to make that kill and get the pic at almost the same moment! :clapping:

Great pic, Mack - that certainly would get your attention!

Those screens of the EA coming in are great Macklroy.

I have tried to show something like this a few times but just havn't quite manged it, good work.

Taillyho, as to my reflexes, much like any of my aerial victories, that pausing at the moment the EA 'popped' was pretty much just luck. I had mapped the pause button to my joystick and was playing around with it,trying to get in a 'photographic' position in a dogfight is pure madness. So many opportunities go to waste because of survival, then again I think that I should not fill the forums with my pictures anyway, there must be some kind of limit.

Taillyho, as to my reflexes, much like any of my aerial victories, that pausing at the moment the EA 'popped' was pretty much just luck. I had mapped the pause button to my joystick and was playing around with it,trying to get in a 'photographic' position in a dogfight is pure madness. So many opportunities go to waste because of survival, then again I think that I should not fill the forums with my pictures anyway, there must be some kind of limit.

Indeed, the luxury of a spare 'stick button for pausing would be most handy for pics. I know what you mean re: self-control posting pics. As I don't know how to generate the multi-shot postcard/montages like Olham and others post, I usually limit myself to one pic per report - that way I have to chose the 'best' of the 3 or 4 I may have taken that mission.

You are certainly getting some good ones - keep it up! :good:

ps. I actually like the boomerang better than the kangaroo on your S.E5 - always something overdone about kangaroos (you know - Qantas, Australia II, boxing kangaroos etc etc), IMHO.

THE MOMENT OF ENGAGEMENT

Damn, that S.E.5a in pic 2 and 3 looks good!

Is it an OFF ace skin, monkey, or an own skinning job?

If you refer to B'619 (E boomerang), I think you'll find its an OFF skin (No.2 AFC flown by G C Logan in 1917) :salute:

Edited by sandbagger