MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Damn, yer right, Shiloh - my brain is only scrambled eggs in the evening!

And when I add the time it takes in the morning to get it to work...

I changed it above.

Oh, very nice Olham thank you! Updated desktop. Let's hope I dont jinx our new jasta ace. :grin:

It's no wonder why you love this bird. I only hope that once I start seeing spads and se5s regularly that I'll be able to survive!

SPADs are not so difficult, but Scout Experimentals, flown by No. 56 Sqdn, RFC - nasty!

Yep, graphic designer, to be correct. Cheers, Beard!

:drinks:

Well, after three sorties since dawn...it's finally stand down..So, Ive brought the Kite in for an overnight overhaul...same again tomorrow

Sir, that is a very nice Camel you have yourself there. I really love the effect that you have on the wings, the way they're almost mottled and look worn - very effective, to say the least. Salute.gif And just something I've been wondering, (which is off topic) but UK_Widowmaker, are you the same guy that used to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 - the legendary sniper that was praised by literally everyone? Sorry for how strange that question is, but I've been wanting to ask that ever since I saw your username.

Sir, that is a very nice Camel you have yourself there. I really love the effect that you have on the wings, the way they're almost mottled and look worn - very effective, to say the least. Salute.gif And just something I've been wondering, (which is off topic) but UK_Widowmaker, are you the same guy that used to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 - the legendary sniper that was praised by literally everyone? Sorry for how strange that question is, but I've been wanting to ask that ever since I saw your username.

Hello :)

Thank you for the nice compliment.

Regarding Battlefront 2...hmmm......thats got me thinking!....although I havent played the game online myself (I used to play COD and MOHAA using the UK_Widowmaker handle)...My Son often plays BF2...and uses my handle....though he's only 13...but a damn good shot!...I shall ask him if he's been on.

How long ago are we talking about m8?

This is a nice shot and aircraft, Widowmaker! Good to see you flying again!

Thank you for the nice compliment.

Regarding Battlefront 2...hmmm......thats got me thinking!....although I havent played the game online myself (I used to play COD and MOHAA using the UK_Widowmaker handle)...My Son often plays BF2...and uses my handle....though he's only 13...but a damn good shot!...I shall ask him if he's been on.

How long ago are we talking about m8?

You're welcome! Salute.gif And I'm talking about three years ago, back when I used to play it online - in fact, three years ago I would have been the same age as your son. I didn't really play the game, but I made maps for it instead. And if you're not sure if it was you (or your son) then I guess it couldn't have been you, as I remember watching a video by him some time ago. So, unless you have forgotten making a video, I must have been mistaken. dntknw.gif

Well, after three sorties since dawn...it's finally stand down..So, Ive brought the Kite in for an overnight overhaul...same again tomorrow

Looks very much the genuine article, WM - well done! :clapping:

Flying defensive patrol over our airfield at Fouilloy, which is neighbouring to Cachy,

we got attacked by several high flying S.E.5a. All the training we had absolved for

such situations payed well now. While Jasta 37 lost one Albatros, the Tommies

saw 4 S.E.5 going down in flames.

Flying defensive patrol over our airfield at Fouilloy, which is neighbouring to Cachy,

we got attacked by several high flying S.E.5a. All the training we had absolved for

such situations payed well now. While Jasta 37 lost one Albatros, the Tommies

saw 4 S.E.5 going down in flames.

Ooh, that's a real "mean-machine" look you have there, Olham - especially the side-on shot. :clapping:

Which Jasta and time period is that?

Jasta 37, Foucaucourt-en-Santerre, late April 1918.

We are based in the front line bulge caused by the last big German offensive, "Operation Michael".

Yes, flying with all those black Albatros has a sombre, sinister touch - reminds me of that book title:

"Death is a Master from Deutschland". Shudder!

Maybe we need that for our own reassurance though - most of us know we can't win it anymore.

Jasta 37, Foucaucourt-en-Santerre, late April 1918.

We are based in the front line bulge caused by the last big German offensive, "Operation Michael".

Yes, flying with all those black Albatros has a sombre, sinister touch - reminds me of that book title:

"Death is a Master from Deutschland". Shudder!

Maybe we need that for our own reassurance though - most of us know we can't win it anymore.

Thanks, Olham - you had of course, already said it was Jasta 37 so mine was a stupid question there - and if I'd thought for more than 2 seconds I would've worked out is was late in the war because of the restyled black crosses (although I'm not exactly sure when they were introduced).

Are you flying at this rather grim and deadly period so you can feel better about your Jasta 2 pilot in mid-1917 perhaps!? :cool:

Our flight of four we attacked by 6 Albatros and all had very colourful paint jobs. This is the only pic that I managed to get.

post-45938-0-21075000-1308537947.jpg

Our flight of four we attacked by 6 Albatros and all had very colourful paint jobs. This is the only pic that I managed to get.

Don't know where you're flying here, TSmoke - but the shot reminds me of Jimmie McCudden talking about 'Green-tail' as a particular Albatros he met frequently while with RFC-56. Surprisingly (given how often he mentioned this particular aircraft) McCudden doesn't identify the German pilot, but says of this staffel:

They all had red noses and yellow fuselages but each had a different coloured tail. There was a red, light blue - whom I sent to the sports - black, yellow, black and white striped, and our dear old 'green-tail'. By Jove! They were a tough lot.

Hopefully our resident Albatros expert might be able to provide more detail (hhmmm, Olham?)

Hope you were high enough to recover from the inevitable stall at that angle of attack Tsmoke!? :heat:

Thanks, Olham - you had of course, already said it was Jasta 37 so mine was a stupid question there - and if I'd thought for more than 2 seconds

I would've worked out is was late in the war because of the restyled black crosses (although I'm not exactly sure when they were introduced).

Regarding myself as a gentleman with good conduct, and knowing very well, how long my brain needs in the morning

to realise, that my body has already got up, I just assumed you were not quite awake yet.

:grin:

Are you flying at this rather grim and deadly period so you can feel better about your Jasta 2 pilot in mid-1917 perhaps!?

It has three good reasons, TaillyHo - one was, that another thread got me to realise, that I mostly only fly from late 1916 to late 1917.

Also, I wanted to have an Albatros D.Va pilot, in an active area, to test Herr Prop-Wasche's new FM, and Bletchley's 1918 mod.

(Both are excellent by the way!)

TSmoke, the "greentails" were Jasta 5. My avatar shows the craft of Josef Mai from that Staffel.

That craft with the green checkerboard you "photographed" is the Albatros D.V of Jasta 5 ace Fritz Rumey, 45 victories.

He was one of the three leading aces of Jasta 5, they were called "the golden Triumvirat" (the others were Josef Mai, and I think Otto Konnecke).

Firtz Rumey died after a collision with an S.E.5a, when his parachute failed to open. Here is the man:

http://www.theaerodr...rmany/rumey.php

Don't know where you're flying here, TSmoke - but the shot reminds me of Jimmie McCudden talking about 'Green-tail' as a particular Albatros

he met frequently while with RFC-56. Surprisingly (given how often he mentioned this particular aircraft) McCudden doesn't identify the German pilot,

but says of this staffel:

They all had red noses and yellow fuselages but each had a different coloured tail. There was a red, light blue - whom I sent to the sports - black, yellow,

black and white striped, and our dear old 'green-tail'. By Jove! They were a tough lot.

Hopefully our resident Albatros expert might be able to provide more detail (hhmmm, Olham?)

The aircraft James McCudden refers to, and his description of the others around it, sounds more like an Albatros D.V from Jasta 11, the "Richthofen Staffel".

There were two planes with green tails - that of Alfred Niederhoff, and that of Kurt Wolff.

I guess it was Kurt Wolff, the boyish ace (33 victories) with the nightcap talisman.

http://www.theaerodr...many/wolff2.php

Edited by Olham

Here's a shot of me shooting down......well, me actually!

Wow, looks like you shot down an ace there?

Have you tried to set up more AA in your graphic card's control center?

You'd get smoother wires.

Regarding myself as a gentleman with good conduct, and knowing very well, how long my brain needs in the morning

to realise, that my body has already got up, I just assumed you were not quite awake yet.

:grin:

It has three good reasons, TaillyHo - one was, that another thread got me to realise, that I mostly only fly from late 1916 to late 1917.

Also, I wanted to have an Albatros D.Va pilot, in an active area, to test Herr Prop-Wasche's new FM, and Bletchley's 1918 mod.

(Both are excellent by the way!)

Can you somehow switch Bletchley's time period mods on and off? and/or switch between them if you have pilots in different years?

I'm very interested in trying one for the earlier years - and would be happy to start a new campaign pilot to suit - but I would still like to be able to continue my existing pilots in the normal (un-modded) OFF

Thanks if you can answer this.

TSmoke, the "greentails" were Jasta 5. My avatar shows the craft of Josef Mai from that Staffel.

That craft with the green checkerboard you "photographed" is the Albatros D.V of Jasta 5 ace Fritz Rumey, 45 victories.

He was one of the three leading aces of Jasta 5, they were called "the golden Triumvirat" (the others were Josef Mai, and I think Otto Konnecke).

Firtz Rumey died after a collision with an S.E.5a, when his parachute failed to open. Here is the man:

http://www.theaerodr...rmany/rumey.php

The aircraft James McCudden refers to, and his description of the others around it, sounds more like an Albatros D.V from Jasta 11, the "Richthofen Staffel".

There were two planes with green tails - that of Alfred Niederhoff, and that of Kurt Wolff.

I guess it was Kurt Wolff, the boyish ace (33 victories) with the nightcap talisman.

http://www.theaerodr...many/wolff2.php

Great information there Olham - I feel very enlightened. Jasta 11 at that time would make sense. Wow what a match-up that must've been: Jasta 11 vs RFC-56!

Impressive list of opponents shown in you link for Fritz Rumey.

Yes, Rumey was a fighter type.

No. 56 Sqdn RFC were often called the "Richthofen Hunters" by the Germans,

who thought that had been their major task - to bring MvR down.

About the mods: yes, it is all very easy to do.

1. download the free "Generic Mod Enabler" here or elsewhere:

http://www.softpedia...oad-105848.html

2. Install it

3. create a folder in your sim's folder, called "Mods"

4. download the desired mods from Bletchley (he has several time periods, each for active and passive areas)

5. move the unzipped Mods into the created folder

6. open Generic Mod Enabler. You'll see Bletchley's mods in the left frame. Click on the one you want active,

and then on the right-arrow. The mod shall now be in the right frame, for use.

To deactive a mod, click on it, and then on the left-arrow, and it will be in the left frame again.

Sounds complicated? Only, cause you don't se it yet. Follow the steps and you'll see, it's easy.

Edited by Olham

Another Dirty Allied Machine....this time, an SE5a Viper

Wow, looks like you shot down an ace there?

Have you tried to set up more AA in your graphic card's control center?

You'd get smoother wires.

Thanks Olham..yes, I'll give that a go! :drinks: