MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Thanks for the chart, elephant!

Where are the numbers 650/17 - 749/17; 800/17 - 1649/17; 2600/17 - 3055/17 and 3256/17 - 5021/17 ???

Were they used for other types?

Saving my Wingman

If you see your wingman getting chased around by an opponent, it will always be a wonderful feeling,

if you can save him. This is what I could experience today.

The Nieuport 24 stuck at his tail like glued on, when I came down behing the silver plane and shot it up.

It was risky, because I might have hit my wingman, but it went alright - the hunter became the prey,

and found his end south of the airfield at St. Quentin-le-Petit.

Saving a Wingman.jpg

Thanks for the chart, elephant!Where are the numbers 650/17 - 749/17; 800/17 - 1649/17; 2600/17 - 3055/17 and 3256/17 - 5021/17 ???Were they used for other types?

Exactly, the Idflieg numbering system was not type or factory related...

:salute:

Another thing learned - thank you, elephant!

Nothing terribly special here folks, just one of those classic OFF shots. Sergent Langdon Alberts in his N11 engaged with an EIII above the Alsace, May 1916:

OFF_Esc_Laf_N11_Alberts_004.jpg

Still the best WWI combat flight sim ever.

Hey, don't you hide your light under a bushel, Lou - you caught a thrilling scene from a very good angle;

the lighting is great; and your new graphics look superb, Sir!

I've never seen the clouds so soft. I have them on "5" too, but yours look so much more soft and real.

Any tip, what did the trick? Or maybe it's the difference between NVidia and ATI?

Thanks Olham, glad you like it. Now to those clouds, it might simply be a card difference. I have the cloud slider at '5' and in-cloud fog turned on. I also have all the cloud and fog effects enabled in the CFS3 config file.

Perhaps you could make a pic of your "Texture" settings in the GraphicsConfig? That would be great for comparison.

Thanks, Lou - I will check that. :good:

All I wanted was to fly my new Jasta 12 skin (not yet completed) in the sun - but the Royal Flying Corps had different ideas.

We got jumped by many Nieuport 17 Lewis and had a great scrap.

I even hit the craft of William Avery Bishop, but then I lost him - I got constantly attacked.

After I had shot down three of the silvery kites, my ammo was out. But now came Sopwith Pups!

Damn, they really sent everything they had available, it seems!

Edited by Olham

Olham marauding over Morchingen Aerodrome

You may think: now he's gone insane! Rioting over Morchingen; firing tracers into some

Albatros from his Fokker E.V - this is not the Olham we knew. Indeed! Try something new

and different! Why not?

No, this was actually only the testing for some graphic card settings I had made, and the

cute little Fokker (great for ground attacks actually - climbs out like a devil!) is seen here

far too rarely. Attacking the own fields is good for practising - they didn't even fire back at

me. Must have been quite painful for them to watch that German lunatic!

Mmuahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!

Olham! :blink:

Actually I can't judge. I shoot down my own guys in QC when testing planes after the enemies are all gone. :bye: That's a nice-looking craft you have there. How does she perform?

Edited by Shiloh

I took her once for a spin, but the wing was so blocking my view, that I never did it again...

Very nice detailed cockpit, though!

Very nice D.V Olham! :ok:

I know the progress of those skins from the inside so...

If I may, Jasta 12 planes had their black tail area expanded some more to the front fuselage,

engulfing the side cross and the rudders were painted too, but it's a personal scheme anyway...

:salute:

Shiloh, if you have never flown the Fokker E.V / D.III, you should give her some time.

She climbs and turns quite well. A backdrop is the very thick wing, which blocks the view very much.

I wonder, if the real craft had the view blocked so much.

If I may, Jasta 12 planes had their black tail area expanded some more to the front fuselage,

engulfing the side cross and the rudders were painted too, but it's a personal scheme anyway...

I don't believe that the Jastas had very pinned down regulations about how a plane had to be painted.

They seem to have rather followed each other with certain basics like the black tail.

But when you look at Viktor Schobinger's craft, it drops out a bit.

For my own kite, I interpreted the hallmark black tail a bit individually - and I'm pretty sure that would

have been absolutely okay for the commanding officer.

I took her once for a spin, but the wing was so blocking my view, that I never did it again...

Very nice detailed cockpit, though!

Shiloh, if you have never flown the Fokker E.V / D.III, you should give her some time.

She climbs and turns quite well. A backdrop is the very thick wing, which blocks the view very much.

I wonder, if the real craft had the view blocked so much.

Come to think of it guys I believe I did take her for a flight some time back. I'm big on visibility and it's one reason I haven't flown the Nieuports much. Same thing with driving vehicles - I like to see everything around me.

Lou,

Thanks for posting your config. I mixed that with the ENB series for bloom effects, etc and I really like the results. I am trying to post a few screen shots but every time I attach a picture and upload it I get an error that says "Used 40.93MB of your 40MB global upload quota" and it tells me the upload failed. The screenies are in .jpg format and only around 120 - 220kbs each. How do I clear out my "40MB Global quota"? Any ideas?

Hellshade

I'm not 100% Hellshade but try going to your profile, click on your profile name (upper right), go to 'my settings', then on the left column 'manage attachments' and try deleting them. Good luck! :salute:

Edited by Shiloh

Good call Shiloh. Thanks. Here's a few pics using Lou's settings and the ENB series graphics drivers for bloom, etc.

post-46046-0-03428600-1331601765.jpg

post-46046-0-58650100-1331601780.jpg

post-46046-0-22162100-1331601794.jpg

post-46046-0-48272000-1331601810.jpg

Great shots, Hellshade! Do you also use "High res" for skins?

Hi guys,

here's some DH5 screenshots, lovely weather - for ducks:

Hope they come out ok - new to this.

Did come across some DVs, but there were too many too far over so I ran away

and hid in the clouds.

Tried to get screen shots but in the excitement I must have pressed the wrong button !

Cheers

Sid, good shots - but I bet you can have OFF look even much nicer.

You use very low Anti-Aliasing settings, as you see for the wires being pixelated.

What graphic card do you use?

Hey, Olham,

my card is a gtx 570.

Anti-Aliasing setting is 16xQ CSAA.

Do you think I should go 32x CSAA ?

What is this "Q" thing anyway ?

Any tips greatfully recieved :ty: .

Sid, I cannot help you much with NVidia cards. But 16x AA is more than plenty.

But one thing is very important: make sure that "Use application settings" (or similar) is NOT checked -

otherwise the graphic card settings would NOT be used, but the ingame OFF settings.

So if there is a tick-box like that, it must NOT be ticked/selected - you want to use the settings of your graphic card.

Edited by Olham

Sid, make sure you have selected the native screen resolution of your monitor in OFF.

If you haven't done that, it might otherwise look pixelated.

Anti-Aliasing should look fine 4x or 8x.

To show you how that is in ATI CatalystControlCenter, here is a screen print. It shows the tick-boxes.

Edited by Olham