Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

Bear over Canada

Too Bad, when your Blackjacks flew along my country's shore we couldn't even somebody to say hi.

Unless the Brazilian Air Forces were not sent interceptors for an guard of honour?

Unless the Brazilian Air Forces were not sent interceptors for an guard of honour?

exactly, our F-5s can't follow that giant white swam :blush:

and i have no idea where was the Mirages.

but yeah, it would give a good photo :crazy:

WOW ! We actually managed to find airworthy hornets for an intercept ? Yeaaa ! Stupid govt has ruined our once proud CAF.

Familiar feelings, we very long could not finish the contract with Il-38SD,but the Indian side constantly made the new demands which have been not registered in the initial contract.

As soon as there was a tragedy in Mumbai they there and then have signed documents. It be made before terrorists have found out on the approach. It is an airplane it is capable to find and trace simultaneously 50 small targets on distance 200km.

The military for a long time wished to sign documents but politicians as always poked the nose into other people's affairs.

Alrighty folks, keep the politics out. A warning.

FC

I am surprised what attention of the USA give to this absolutely insignificant incident. Russian news agencies practical have not paid attention.

Flights along border - ABSOLUTELY NORMAL and LAWFUL ACTION. I have a big archive of radar images of Norway, China, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Estonia, Latvia, Kazakhstan, Finland on range to 350km from the border, made during time tests our new airplanes.

If Tu-95MS he REALLY wished to attack would actuate the ECM, and it has power more than 1.5 MegaWatts. The Most part existing a radar are not capable to overcome such protection. Also Tu-95MS has Heat Jammers as at a Su-39 but much more high-power. New Kh-101,102 missiles have very small RCS and range more 2500km.

you are quite right. Normal and lawful. Keep them coming - gives me something to do!!

:good:

WOW ! We actually managed to find airworthy hornets for an intercept ? Yeaaa ! Stupid govt has ruined our once proud CAF.

Meh don't worry. If we run out of Hornets we'll just arm some CT-114's! 

I always said the old Soviet bear was only hibernating, not dead. To be continued...

Meh don't worry. If we run out of Hornets we'll just arm some CT-114's! 

I always said the old Soviet bear was only hibernating, not dead. To be continued...

The first largest and most tragic mistake is to underestimate the enemy and the second is to mistake your enemy. Russia is not an enemy of the United States. Has not been since the end of the cold war. If a situation evolves that involves military action by Russia against the USA, nobody will win. The opening of the Iron Curtain has shown many weaknesses in the Soviet arms, but has shown some brilliant and amazing strengths as well. They just haven't had the money to pursue the paths on the aviation frontier paved by the likes of the Flanker, Foxhound and Fulcrum series of aircraft.

In case you haven't noticed, in the hands of a good jet driver, these stand tall amongst the best in the world today anyway. I would not like to take them on in any numbers given what I have learned piddling around in some WoE missions and campaigns. Yeah, yeah, not reality, but close enough given our modding community's high quality products to make the message clear.

As our forum moderators have advised, this is not the site for politics, but, suffice it to say, sabre rattling is for external and internal consumption. Remember, also, that a sabre is a sabre, old or new, and in the hands of a determined adversary, all the threat you or I would care to deal with. An old Japanese Betty will hurt somebody today with a good devious plan and a determined driver.

As Jug Said, even old equipment in a good pilot hand can bring some good results... in falklands/mavinas war they Argentineans did well with Old A-4Bs , and those exocet that didn't work properly....

but IMO, the most impressive case were the Brazilian Mirages IIIEBR that shoot down all French 2000s in 1994 IIRC. :rofl: , they had to reset the exercices because all threads had been eliminated in first combat hours....

well, Canada at least have Hornets equiped with AMRAAMs :) we don't have the same lucky with 2000s equiped with SAHMs

The first largest and most tragic mistake is to underestimate the enemy and the second is to mistake your enemy. Russia is not an enemy of the United States. Has not been since the end of the cold war. If a situation evolves that involves military action by Russia against the USA, nobody will win. The opening of the Iron Curtain has shown many weaknesses in the Soviet arms, but has shown some brilliant and amazing strengths as well. They just haven't had the money to pursue the paths on the aviation frontier paved by the likes of the Flanker, Foxhound and Fulcrum series of aircraft.

In case you haven't noticed, in the hands of a good jet driver, these stand tall amongst the best in the world today anyway. I would not like to take them on in any numbers given what I have learned piddling around in some WoE missions and campaigns. Yeah, yeah, not reality, but close enough given our modding community's high quality products to make the message clear.

As our forum moderators have advised, this is not the site for politics, but, suffice it to say, sabre rattling is for external and internal consumption. Remember, also, that a sabre is a sabre, old or new, and in the hands of a determined adversary, all the threat you or I would care to deal with. An old Japanese Betty will hurt somebody today with a good devious plan and a determined driver.

hear hear!!

to add a bit on also - remember that its not so much the platform as the weapon. A cruise missile, whether launched by a tubroprop or a sophisticated jet, will be detected by its detonation on target. The Bear H is a very, very capable platform for that type of mission. Along those lines, people like lindr are building some very sophisticated conventional cruise missiles for the Bear H for conventional missions similar to ours in various interesting places around the world.

the significance of the Bear and Blackjack flights along the coastlines of NATO countries and to overseas exercises is that they are, in fact, back and capable. Those of us who watch them for a living have taken note and routinely ensure air soveriegnty is patrolled and that we, as are they, are capable of whatever should be required.

9/11 should have taught all of us what the cost of not being ready for the unexpected is. It is sad that those lessons have apparently been forgotten.

Flights along border - ABSOLUTELY NORMAL and LAWFUL ACTION. I have a big archive of radar images of Norway, China, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Estonia, Latvia, Kazakhstan, Finland on range to 350km from the border, made during time tests our new airplanes.

I even got some photos from Tu-95, wich under the Open Skies treaty overflew Rota Naval Base and air station, and sent us

the recon photos showing the whole base. And our C-130 Hercules (I mean from several european nations) use to fly over murmansk

and some other russian facilities taking pics and scanning the surrounding area.

Either i was surprised by the importance given to this new. I don´t think that RCAF should be afraid or upset by this.

If anything, I think the CAF Hornet drivers would welcome the chance to run an intercept on an actual Russian bomber. Many of these guys are young and were not in during the Cold War, so this opportunity would be a nice break from sitting alert only. Maybe it's just me?

I even got some photos from Tu-95, wich under the Open Skies treaty overflew Rota Naval Base and air station, and sent us

the recon photos showing the whole base. And our C-130 Hercules (I mean from several european nations) use to fly over murmansk

and some other russian facilities taking pics and scanning the surrounding area.

Either i was surprised by the importance given to this new. I don´t think that RCAF should be afraid or upset by this.

there is a big difference between the Open Skies flights which allow each "side" to fly announced recon flights over each other's various national airspaces and military faciliites, and an unannounced "Air Patrol" which penetrates an ADIZ. So these examples are not quite the same.

And let me repeat something - this was about the 8th such event this winter which followed a pretty busy 2007-08 as well. This is getting pretty routine.

The Canadian Forces CF-18's have been involved in quite a few of these missions responding on NORAD Air Soveriegnty Alert to unidentified aircraft and, in fact, during the F-15 grounding they covered Alaska until we could position sufficient F-22's to assume that mission.

It is all routine and part of the on-going game in the Arctic. Am surprised at the amount and tone of the coverage. For us, its business as usual.

I think the CAF CF-18 pilots are more than excited about this... Heck, I would be too. Sure beats flying patrols over weapon ranges.

Now it's making me want a CF-105 for SF so I can pull off some more interesting intercepts over the Great White North...

Theres a bear in the air! This is how it was done on this side of the pond once upon a time. with lots of style!

What else could you say about the Lightning style style and more style...