Sign in to follow this  
Hoghead

Smallest insignificant OFF BHaH nitpick contest

Well just so Winder doesn't start slacking off and just for fun I thought I'd start this thread. :biggrin:

So here is mine.

The clocks in those cockpits that have them have the hour hand slightly off. For instance when the time is 09:15 the hour hand will be even with or just below the 9 as opposed to being 1/4 of the way between 9 and 10.

What's yours?

Scott

Edited by Hoghead

The Strutter makes my butt look big. Perhaps some vertical stripes?

Cheers,

Lou

The Strutter makes my butt look big. Perhaps some vertical stripes?

Cheers,

Lou

Trust me Lou it's not the Strutter. :lol:

Not having a virtual pilot in every cockpit. I just find that be a nice touch for me. Also the medals, that is getting 5 of the same thing, and the overall look of them. I believe that is being worked on though.

Hoghead wrote:

Trust me Lou it's not the Strutter.

HEY! Both I and my derriere take exception to that remark Sir. If I could unwedge myself from the cockpit of this Sopwith I would challenge you to a duel.

Lou

Sending us up in all sorts of beastly weather, it's really not civilised. :shok:

Hoghead wrote:

HEY! Both I and my derriere take exception to that remark Sir. If I could unwedge myself from the cockpit of this Sopwith I would challenge you to a duel.

Lou

And if could unwedge myself from the cockpit of this Bebe (you think the one in the Strutter is small) I'd accept your challenge. As it is why don't we both just sit here and drink heavily. :good:

AI outrunning me in a climb (or any other time they want to). I don't mind the morons having more powerful

planes so much as them rubbing my nose in it. :haha:

First thing to enter my peabrain is today while flying the Roland CII I switched to observer and while observing I observed there was not pilot piloting. But I must say my non pilot was hitting all the waypoints.

After switching back to the pilot from the observer, my throttle is reduced to 50% or less!

This is really nitpicky! I love the DrI and I checked it out very closely and noticed that the leading edge of the aileron tips are square. Not a big deal, but kinda strange looking.

CJ

Now Queeg, you can fix that one by yourself. Set to LaL settings. You know, Live a Little.

Where's the CUP HOLDERS?? :drinks:

Press the button on your DVD drive and the cup holder will magically appear :biggrin:

Tony

This is really nitpicky! I love the DrI and I checked it out very closely and noticed that the leading edge of the aileron tips are square. Not a big deal, but kinda strange looking.

CJ

That's a good one Cameljockey. I hadn't noticed that but your right they are.

Scott

That's a good one Cameljockey. I hadn't noticed that but your right they are.

Scott

That's nothing ! The thread size and the pin centre length on the Se5a's flying wires are incorrect according to the "Royal Aircraft Factory: Se5a Master Riggers Manual" circa 1917.

Press the button on your DVD drive and the cup holder will magically appear :biggrin:

Tony

Geeezz!!, That has been there all this time?? I didn't know that. :dntknw: Thanks Typhoon, your a life saver!! Now I can go back to dogfighting with confidence ! :flyer:

wow, look at all these guys with single digit posts,,welcome, nooo,,,er, gentlemen, to CA!

Now I've never seen the inside of a Sopwith Pup, but it appears to me that someone installed that RPM gauge askew... :smile2:

post-45784-1236142380_thumb.jpg

... and would somebody shut that damn dog up!

P.S Thanks gwar!

That's nothing ! The thread size and the pin centre length on the Se5a's flying wires are incorrect according to the "Royal Aircraft Factory: Se5a Master Riggers Manual" circa 1917.

Is that on the flying wires or the landing wires? Speaking of rigging wires, I just remembered another one. On the Nieuport 23 I think it is, it has flat rigging wires. I'm pretty sure the French never used flat wires like the Se5 but all the rigging wires on Nieuports and Spads were wire cable.

Scott

Now I've never seen the inside of a Sopwith Pup, but it appears to me that someone installed that RPM gauge askew... :smile2:

post-45784-1236142380_thumb.jpg

... and would somebody shut that damn dog up!

P.S Thanks gwar!

Gwar,

I'm not that familiar with the offices in the Sopwith kites but I've seen others that purposely had gauges mounted askew. I think the idea was to keep all the gauge needles when in there normal operating ranges to be basically pointing up, that way the pilot just had to make a quick glance and any needle that wasn't near to straight up and down stood out as needing attention.

My only grip is getting shot down and captured... barring a quote from RB3D ' there will be no endless rounds from a gallant foe, it will be forced labor and lots of it'... kinda would like some film in the intelligent breifing.. kinda brings the immertion factor up a notch or two in that area.. but not gripin just a thought :)

Edited by Blue781

Why do we get to choose between 'Fighter' or 'Bomber', shouldn't it be 'Scout' or 'Bomber'? :wink:

No golf course's to land on.