Sign in to follow this  
Dej

Does Off wirk with TIR 3?

My son came back from a week in Plymouth yesterday with an unexpected present for me. A Track IR 3 which he'd picked up for a few quid in some Cash Converters type place! I downloaded the latest software from Natural Point and set it up and I'm beginning to see what I was missing.

Slight problem though, it doesn't work in OFF! It works perfectly and straightaway in CFS3, WoW, IL2, FE, LOMAC, Falcon 4 and BoB II

I'm running Vista 32, TrackIR v4.1.036 and the Natural Point Driver version is Track IR 3 v 2.41.0.0

I did try to spare my blushes by asking Siggi's advice first but I couldn't see anywhere on the NP site just to d/l new drivers as he recommended, only the d/l link for the latest interface software.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice. It doesn't even recognise OFF as being loaded when you look as the current game bit on the TIR panel and certainly isn't trapping the F9 or F12 keys. I think I've done everything in the posted advice but no doubt it's some forehead-slappingly simple setting or check box that I've overlooked and will feel a lemon for.

TIA

I have TrackIR 3 Pro (with Vector support, you know you need to buy that separately?) and it runs just fine on XP (can't speak to Vista).

The latest drivers (created in October) are 4.1.036 Final and that's what I'm using.

Sounds like you are using the same drivers.

I've found sometimes when TIR is getting cranky it helps to reinstall the same drivers you've been using. You might try that.

Otherwise, Naturalpoint has its own forums and you might ask there.

Good luck!

ttt

Edited by tttiger

Those Vista Drivers from Natural Point are proven to work on Trackir 4, on 3 it seems not

Cheers UncleAl, I'd hoped that that wouldn't be the case but too bad. Don't suppose you know whether adding the VE makes any difference?

I'll use it in the other sims to get the hang of it then move up to TIR 4, I guess. I don't want to tell my son quite yet that his thoughtful present doesn't work.

Do you have the little spring clip with the reflectors on it for your cap?

CJ

If it works in CFS3 then it should work in OFF though. Maybe do a "game update"

If it works in CFS3 then it should work in OFF though. Maybe do a "game update"

That's a valuable definitive statement to have Pol, thanks. :good: 'Game Update' reports the games as being up-to-date, I even d/l'd the separate game signature files from NP and overwrote the directory ones to double check. Your point above is kinda what I hoped and why I thought I'd overlooked something really simple. Oh well, a process of elimination begins :yes:

Wild stab in the dark here, but are you sure you're in the 'Virtual Cockpit'? On the assumption that there's a non-virtual cockpit (I don't know if there is or not, but other sims have had both).

TIR 3 with VE on Vista runs fine for me.

Have you tried a different USB port?

Have you tried running the TIR software with admin privelages (sic!)?

BTW you don't get OFF mentioned as an installed game on the TIR panel, at least I don't, it uses the CFS3 profile.

From what I understand the Vector expansion should do the trick.

Thanks for all your input, chaps. I'll give VE a go sometime in the week or next weekend, won't have time tonight and I'm working away for most of the week.

Get the VE and you'll be very close to what TIR4 has to offer, just slighly lower field of view of the tracker and resolution/FPS. I use TIR3 pro with VE with no problems whatsoever. I don't think you'll need to spend your good money on TIR4.