Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Hope I'm not doing too many skins

I really hope I'm not taking away from all you other skinners out there. I've been buying lots of books and doing all kinds of research.

So I'm kind of addicted to it now. Adding all these skins to my game makes it so much more realistic. So I just want to share my skins with you all.

But I know a bunch of you out there like to do skins as well. If anyone wants me to chill out for a bit please say something. I've just had some time on my hands for the last few months. Well sort of. An 8 month old girl isnt free time :crazy: Works been slow. So I'm a part time stay at home dad :clapping: Skinning and research is what I've been doing on any spare time. Just today I've realized how many I've done. 16 Jasta 11 Dr.1's looks pretty good in the game :ok:

Now if we only had an in-game MISSION BUILDER WITH CHOICE OF ENEMY AND SKINS. That would make this game really pop!

You can never have too many skins! :good:

Heh, I can always tell when you've uploaded skins. When I look in the downloads section under FE and there's at least 4 queued files, I know you've been around. :biggrin: It's great work! Keep it up!

Great job indeed. But what about some earlier, 1916 skins? (say Fokker D.II/III, Halberstadt)

Want you to stop?...Not at all, Man. :no:

You're doing great work, so please keep 'em coming!

I've been looking out for those 1 Naval Tripe's...Are they still on the factory line?

Oh, and how about having a go at the Ateam's DH4 and Bristol Scout? The DH4 especially needs a decent PC10 overspray.

Edited by Southside Bucky

All I can say is just keep on doing what your doing.As long as it's still fun for you to do them then just di it.Thank you for the work you have put into these excellent skins.

Keep up your work, Quack. It would be a shame to see you stop. Especially because you're so into it. Keep going. There's all those Belgian Nieuports, Camels, and Spads too. You have a wide range aircraft and nations to chose from. This is one addiction we don't want you to enter a 12 step program for. :biggrin:

Quack, I have been meaning to comment on all your new skins,but I have just been busy myself. I as well as everyone else here would never want you to stop giving us such beautiful skins. Your work here in the last year has if anything revitalized "our" game. I too would like to see the A Teams D.H. 4 beta worked on and some new skins for the early war planes would be welcome. I just wanted to tell you your work is always the highlight of my day,and as long as you are have a good time then by all means keep making new skins .

Yours Respectfully,

VonTobler

Your work is first class, and very much appreciated...

Thank you!

deep.

Hi Quack..

Your Skinning Work has really helped bring this already excellent game to life and your work is first class mate, please keep up the good work, if you have the time, I agree with the other chaps that the early War Birds would be a lovely skinning project and the DH4 and Bristol Scout really could do with some of your most excellent skills to make them look more presentable..Thanks for your hard work mate and please continue, I always look forward to your latest releases and fly with many of your skins displayed..im also a part time dad and was a stay at home dad until my Divorce, have two lovely wee girls ages 9 and 7...First Eagles and gaming are a very dear Hobby of mine!! lol..

Best wishes mate...

Rab Watson (sockboy)

Fife

Scotland

Well I guess there's no stoping now :blink:

D.H.4's and Scouts comin up

And bucky, I'm not sure of the colors of those Naval 1 Tripes yet. The color profiles show white everywhere. But that photo you showed me they dont have white. Anyone care to shed some light on this. I already started making them with all white trimmings. Just want to make sure before I post them.

Again everybody thanks for the kind words :good: . I'm glad you all like them so much. Now I need to go shopping for a new hat that will fit :rofl:

:drinks:

You're gonna do the DH4? Brilliant! :dance:

As for the 1 Naval Tripe's. As a general rule:

The later war markings had the 'two short bars' squadron marking, in which case forget the white wheels 'n fins. The earlier markings had white wheels/fins but no short bars.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Southside Bucky

I just installed the DH4. What a mess. The flight model doesnt work! And the skin template is very vague. Anyone atleast have a good flight model for this? The skin I can work with. It will take some doing though. If there is no good flight model I dont know if I'll bother just yet.

Which tripes do you want? Earlier with white or later with bars and olive ?

Ooh, decisions, decisions...

Well, I think they look real sporty with the bars and overall PC10, but you've done some white ones already, haven't you? Either version would be OK really.

Regarding the DH4: Yeah, it does need a decent FM, but we could always use another two seater's DATA.INI as a stop gap. The Bristol F2b or the Salmson's for example? The main thing though, is that you enjoy doing it...If it's gonna be a pain in the jacksy, then give it a miss.

Thanks for asking.

Bucky

I really hope I'm not taking away from all you other skinners out there. I've been buying lots of books and doing all kinds of research.

So I'm kind of addicted to it now. Adding all these skins to my game makes it so much more realistic. So I just want to share my skins with you all.

But I know a bunch of you out there like to do skins as well. If anyone wants me to chill out for a bit please say something. I've just had some time on my hands for the last few months. Well sort of. An 8 month old girl isnt free time :crazy: Works been slow. So I'm a part time stay at home dad :clapping: Skinning and research is what I've been doing on any spare time. Just today I've realized how many I've done. 16 Jasta 11 Dr.1's looks pretty good in the game :ok:

Now if we only had an in-game MISSION BUILDER WITH CHOICE OF ENEMY AND SKINS. That would make this game really pop!

Please don't stop .........

I just installed the DH4. What a mess. The flight model doesnt work! And the skin template is very vague. Anyone atleast have a good flight model for this? The skin I can work with. It will take some doing though. If there is no good flight model I dont know if I'll bother just yet.

Hi, Quack. Did you download the DH4 again? Capun posted a version with a new UV map, which conforms to First Eagles. It still has some issues, but it's better. Here's a DH-4 data.ini that I slapped together. I'm no flight model guru, but it flies. Give it a try if you like. Love to see you do some skins for this, mine are drawn with crayons.

DH_4_Data.zip

Ps: Three other engine types should be created, because they were much more common than this Eagle VIII version. 200hp Raf3a, 200hp Puma, and a 250hp Eagle. These were much more common than the Eagle VIII, especially when the aircraft appeared in 1917.

Edited by Heck

If the flight model works, than I'll be happy to give it some new threads. :wink:

Dont know much about the DH4. I'll need to find some info on color schemes.

But I'll do it. :good:

Sooo many planes in WWI. Sooo many skins! Hope this simm lasts awhile :rolleyes:

Actually I hope my Photoshop and computer lasts. :dntknw:

Quack,

You have a great talent and I think every new skin you do looks even better than the last( I think they are all great), keep up the great work and I would be glad to help with pictures of color schemes or squadrons, just ask.

Yours Respectfully,

Werner VonTobler

Hi Quack!

You can never make too many skins.

Your work is just great :fans:

I tried messing with the D.H.4 template today. It's a bit rough. Needs lots of work. But I'll keep at it. To start, the outlines are off.

This one will be hard.