Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Earthquake in Italy, several victims

Just heard of an Earthquake in Rome. If you are concerned about monuments, i don´t

give a damn because there are at least 40 dead. We should send our "UME" ( Emergency MilitaryUnit)

to help, but by now, all we can do is just pray

UPDATE: now 50 plus dead, dozens missing. Italian official claimed it is "the worst tragedy of the ongoing milenium in Italy"

Edited by macelena

Just heard of an Earthquake in Rome. If you are concerned about monuments, i don´t

give a damn because there are at least 40 dead. We should send our "UME" (Military Emergency Unit)

to help, but by now, all we can do is just pray

UPDATE: now 50 plus dead, dozens missing. Italian official claimed it is "the worst tragedy of the ongoing milenium in Italy"

hope that there are not to many deads and injured :sad:

the earthquake whas about 100 km from Rome Aquila and several outer villages are total destroyd

gov are count 100 dead minimun thoundas of injured and homeless its very sad

50000 homeless, 100 dead. Just got the word that no spanish students were injured (incredible considering how many are there),

just heard our Emergency Military Unit is being called quarters to be deployed.

fuerte_seismo_destroza_centro_Italia.jpg

Edited by macelena

Not the place one would expect an earthquake...

Wow it looks bad too.

Not the place one would expect an earthquake...

uhm, vesuvius (sp) is overdue, so earthquakes would be "normal" for the area, I would think,

uhm, vesuvius (sp) is overdue, so earthquakes would be "normal" for the area, I would think,

Italy, like SCal and same areas of Turkey and many areas of the world is subject to Earthquakes. Each area has its own scourge apparently,, think of tornado alley, caribbean hurricanes, indian monsoon. At times we human beings are like dust on a carpet being shaken.

I live far from l'aquila, about 400 km north, yet it has been a bad week for earthquakes and we had one very close, about 12-15 km from my place. No injuries to thigns and people , yet it was still a 4.5. It was really freaky to hear the growling noise roaring in seconds to thunder levels before the ripple of shocks arrived.

As for what I know, no-one of the CombatAce italian members is close to the disaster zones and we should be all fine.

Italy, Turkey and Greece all suffer from earthquakes due to their proximity to the edges of the European and African tectonic plates. Italy is particularly unlucky in that it has two major fault lines crossing in, ironically, the shape of an inverted cross. This map shows the considerable seismic activity in in Italy over the last 20 odd years map

Edited by Kopis n Xiphos

Living in Southern California, the "Land o'Quakes", my heart goes out to our Italian friends.

Having been throught numerious ones here, it's an incredibly frightning experience...

my thoughts and prayers go out...

wrench

kevin stein

It is unfortunate. I hail from Boston, MAssachusetts and technically we live on a fault that has been dormant since the 1700's. Sad thing is that if it became active here suddenly, most of the buildings don't meet the earth.quake standards like in Cali or elsewhere. They would come crumblin down. it would be a major devestation.

Body count is at 200 and rising. New replicas today. A village, population before EQ 250, lost 40+ inhabitants and

all buildings, is most likely to disappear