Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam is Released!

Another TK sim with no multiplay? You gotta be kidding right! The multiplay community won't be touching this one either. And if TK doesn't want to totally ruin his reputation with that community for future sales with something that might have multiplay, he better get with the program. Sorry guys, I won't be recommending this to anyone, instead steering them away from it. His time would be much better spend fixing what he already has. Someone want to tell me I'm wrong on this, that this sim DOES have multiplay support?

Actually the popularity is good due to the moddability. I don't feel bad firing up because it's a solo game. Yeah.. I think it would but that's for the future to hold as far as what TK does. Me? I'm holding out until I really feel it's necessary to buy it.

I'm waiting til my new puter arrives (they just tried to deliver it and I wasn't home...).

FC

Another TK sim with no multiplay? You gotta be kidding right! The multiplay community won't be touching this one either. And if TK doesn't want to totally ruin his reputation with that community for future sales with something that might have multiplay, he better get with the program. Sorry guys, I won't be recommending this to anyone, instead steering them away from it. His time would be much better spend fixing what he already has. Someone want to tell me I'm wrong on this, that this sim DOES have multiplay support?

For someone who says a sim with no multiplayer isn't worth any further consideration or mention, you sure keep showing up to bitch about it.

Since you know so much about his market and how he should do business, why don't you raise your concerns with TK?

Hey, hey, everyone, take it easy, stand down all forces, knock it off, knock it off, knock it off, chill out, calm down a thou, be cool, take a load off. Feel the coolness in your vertibrea......let the coolness flow....

I'm waiting until I actually get monies.

Anyone think that YAP will be compatible with the new version? Or will we have to wait?

For someone who says a sim with no multiplayer isn't worth any further consideration or mention, you sure keep showing up to bitch about it.

Since you know so much about his market and how he should do business, why don't you raise your concerns with TK?

As a consumer, I have the right, and a duty, to try to make a manufacturer make a better product. And THAT would be a benefit to all of us, incluging you Aggie. As consumers we have the final say as to whether a company or it's products fail or succeed. I want to see this succeed so much I could scream! Nice idea about going to work for TK in marketing though. I've already got a lifetime of experiences in production and marketing, and am semi retired at the moment. I'm all for it, when do I start? (I have raised my concerns with TK in the past too.) How bout it TK, time we blew the roof off don't you think? Well, this airjunkie is off for another fix.

Try to estimate from time, speed and the length of the line

Never mind. The map distance coordinates seem to indicate 1000km theoretical map size. So no change there, unless those are N.M. boxes thus making the map significantly larger.

Hey, hey, everyone, take it easy, stand down all forces, knock it off, knock it off, knock it off, chill out, calm down a thou, be cool, take a load off. Feel the coolness in your vertibrea......let the coolness flow....

Personally I'm glad that there is at least one dev out there who is focused on delivering a good single player experience.

I had an Excellent first run. I love the additions of the Burner Can Effects in all Aircraft that Have Afterburners. The A-6 being AI is no problem. If one has the older WOV, Then adding the A-6 Cockpit is no problem. The addition of the A-1's bring the Campaigns to a updated state. The expanded Map would allow "Dixie Station" to be added. Weapons List is now more or less, Period based. The Effects being enhanced by the DX10 Library make it Eye appealing. Much more to find.....

I give it a 5 out of 5 Star Rating.......

funny-pictures-kitten-presses-ctrl-alt-grr.jpg

Lets not get at everyone throats here.

Map includes South Vietnam now. All airpace from Hanoi to Saigon with Laos and Cambodia is your playground now.

Not sure what you mean here? - the original WOV map had all that too which is how I did the South Vietnam invasion campaign

As for the A-6 guess the old pit will go over - and I have Razbams excellent A-1H and E cockpits for the AI skyraiders - bit of a nice surprise to see them in there though.

The Effects being enhanced by the DX10 Library make it Eye appealing

I give it a 5 out of 5 Star Rating.......

Hey, KB, could you post some shots from Vista edition? For those poor XP cavemen here :haha:

4 out of 5 Stars, 5/5 would be for improved terrain engine, but we have YAP2 and GH2

lack of multiplayer? why bother, really

In Campaigning, The three original Campaigns are pretty much the same. The major difference is the Upgrades in Aircraft Types during certian periods (Years). Rebasing of Units is more historically set. Of course, The A-1's are added.....

Forgot to add, Carrier Rotations are more historically reflective.......

Edited by 331Killerbee

the original WOV map had all that too which is how I did the South Vietnam invasion campaign

Just checked. Yeah :blush2: Still, I've rarely noticed it earlier. Plannig map was almost always focused on Hanoi.

For those that want to try GH2 in SF2:V, here's the corrected data, with the heightoffset correction and blending trees, default GH2 settings produce blocky trees:

I did brief tests, seems ok, of course you'd be installing both Brain32's repaint and GH2 to

\Documents and Settings\(...)\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam\Terrains\VietnamSEA\

Notice terrains not terrain folder, it gave me a headache

Just finished downloading mine and will give it a shot. Now will post pics soon as I figure it out how I have Vista will also mention TK has said multiplay is not a concern right now I am glad it is better as a standalone until you have expert play and so for me Thank You TK!!!

ObjectData006.Cat added Aircraft and Ground Objects. ObjectData007.Cat, More Added Aircraft. ObjectData008.Cat, Decals.

F-4B's come with 4 Skins USN 1 & 2, And USMC 1 & 2. They reflect both Black and White Noses.

Edited by 331Killerbee

Guest a10boar

Can I use the SF2 weapons pack?

I'll take a deep single player game over multi-player anyday. This one looks gooood!

My squad of 4 A-1H's just scored two mig 17's! They were assigned CAS against our armour, we hit theirs then turned on them!

post-44839-1239745503_thumb.jpg

For those that want to try GH2 in SF2:V, here's the corrected data, with the heightoffset correction and blending trees, default GH2 settings produce blocky trees:

I did brief tests, seems ok, of course you'd be installing both Brain32's repaint and GH2 to

\Documents and Settings\(...)\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam\Terrains\VietnamSEA\

Notice terrains not terrain folder, it gave me a headache

Hi CA_Stary, I have a question/issue with the water in game with the repaint and GH2. It looks way too white. Any ideas? Also after I added effects I lost my afterburner.....

Edited by Nightshift82

Hi CA_Stary, I have a question/issue with the water in game with the repaint and GH2. It looks way too white. Any ideas? Also after I added effects I lost my afterburner.....

Yes, I'm tracking the water bug. Also seems there are missing VietnamS1.tga and VietnamS2.tga (open sea textures) from Brain32's repaint. Reason unknown, I re-downloaded whole pack today, they ain't there :dntknw:

Don't know about the effects, which pack is it?

edit:

thrown the image away

Edited by CA_Stary