Sign in to follow this  
thebeast0449

Yo Cocas - V1 or Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka

Anybody interseted in doing a suicide mission?Cocas you out there? :clapping:

Lets make a V1 or Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka -you can destroy your strike target and still complete mission huh?Even If you die - no good for campagin I dont spose -lol

use wheels like the Komet?

I guess you could also have a guided weapon version of the Ohka and launch from betty's or transports as well?

Edited by thebeast0449

I'm not sure if it works with the player as pilot - you would need a weapon that explodes on impact (of you plane!) and cannot be launched.

I'm not sure if it works with the player as pilot - you would need a weapon that explodes on impact (of you plane!) and cannot be launched.

Yeah like V1 warhead as a weapon -

But how do you detonate it? When the player crashes into the earth (or a target), the weapons won't detonate.

You could make a bomb that isn't droppable or jettisonable.

Anybody interseted in doing a suicide mission?Cocas you out there? :clapping:

Lets make a V1 or Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka -you can destroy your strike target and still complete mission huh?Even If you die - no good for campagin I dont spose -lol

use wheels like the Komet?

I guess you could also have a guided weapon version of the Ohka and launch from betty's or transports as well?

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...amp;hl=veltro2k

Anyone out there got a V-1 model? Ive found one on gunpoint-3d but I dunno -you gotta buy it - then give it away... :dntknw:

well ohka his veltro2k work so all we need to do wis wait littel

dont buy the V1 i can make easy but somelse need to make the inis and i dont know H-111 can carry one i think the best way his to make it has a radio guide missile.

like always give a fewe days

Sweet - I'll do all the other stuff If you just make the model and skin template.I'm was thinking of doing it as a weapon - and as an aircraft with disposable wheels like the Komet-using the model for both

Sweet - I'll do all the other stuff If you just make the model and skin template.I'm was thinking of doing it as a weapon - and as an aircraft with disposable wheels like the Komet-using the model for both

ok small very small update i found a 3-view of v-1 and specs so im ready to role

for the landing gear it cloud added has a weapon and jettisoned after take off you just to add a fake landing gear to ini so that it ont blow up on the runway.

I got alot of Shinto going on in my grey cells but this doesn't seem conducive to a long campaign.

I can see some value for AI units tho.

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

06-08-09

On the Suicide Rocket Airplane ( Yokosuka MXY-7 OKHA ) started the idea back in October 2008 below in my letter.

10-25-08

Veltro2k:

Would you please make a flying model of the Suicide Rocket Plane ( Yok0suka MXY-7 OKHA ).

Make it so it would be attached to a Japanese Bomber ( G4M Betty ) and could be released near the target ( which would be a ship ).

Would make a great mission to shoot down the Rocket Plane before it hit it's target.

Ask Wolf257 to build the model, but he is too busy working over time and does not have any spare time to build models. He said the

best solution would be, to find a current modeler who could build it for me.

So I am asking you, please could you build the flying model

As of date the model is done, but have to figure a way to lease it.

Thanks

Fatman

You cannot shoot down missiles in this game.

FC

06-08-09

YES - you can shoot down the Yokosuka MXY-7 OKHA it is a rocket airplane that used a human pilot.

Thanks

Fatman

YOKOSUKA MXY-7 OHKA

KAMIKAZE ATTACK PLANE

ohka_schem_01.jpg

A.F.A.I.K the Oka was also called Baka, meaning idiot or fool...... :huh:

Hou doe,

Derk :fie:

Looks like some of the basic, fundamentals of HOW this game works are not being noticed by some folks :wink:

We all know the historical usage and descriptions of the Okha.

But, like FC said you cannot shoot down a missile or weapon in this game.

Which brings us back to the main point in question:

How do you want to Okha to be used??

Being somewhat knowledgable on such things, here's a few suggestions, and comments:

1) As a piloted weapon. Which calls the questions

a) if piloted, a new FM will need developing

b) if piloted, a new or stand-in or 'edited' cockpit will need creation (that actually the easiest part -use the Oscar's)

c) if piloted, how do you plan on launching it?

d) if piloted, how do you plan on landing it?

e) if piloted, how do you 'successfully' complete multi-mission campaigns?

Now, let's pick those apart, to why a piloted bomb won't work....

You can't carrying "yourself", when stuck into the bombbay of Betty. Oh, sure, some work has been done with "carrier aircraft', such as FC's own work on the B-52A/X-15 combo, but then you have a 'jettisonable' carrier aircraft that you're not flying.

Also, given the mountings of the Okha in a semi-conformal "bracket" to the Betty's belly and bomb bay, how do you plan on seeing OUT of a cockpit that buried over a meter INSIDE another airplane? Makes take off, climb-outs, formating with the group, and navigating your waypoints a bit difficult

As the IJN didn't have fixed launch rails for these, and not needing them as they ain't Fleiser V-1s, there isn't any other way TO get the 'weapon' to the target. Given the Okha extreamly short legs, land basing is out. Even given the fact that most planes DON'T seem to run out of fuel (fly the Me-163 for more than 9 minutes, and get back to me ... you'll see what I mean)

Of course, there's the whole issue of the "succesfull kamikaze pilots" ... YOU have to fly this rocket-propelled bomb INTO your target, effectively killing yourself. As it was designed to do. In a campaign, you get 1 mission, and you're done. In single missions, you have unlimited lives via the "Fly New Mission" button. So, you could wind up being the Special Attack Force pilot with 13 successful missions .... a bit on the "odd" side, and completly non-historical.

So, we wind up back at the beginning, with the realization that ...

2) the ONLY way to have the Okha in-game is as a WEAPON carried in player-flyable bombers, as an "optically guided, rocket propelled bomb", along the lines of the Fritz-X, or the USNs Bat .

You can make it LOOK like there's somebody in there -just see the renders above to prove that-, but there really isn't any workable solution to flying it yourself.

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench is right. Treating it as a weapon would be the easiest route to take since there aren't any AI flight profiles that would simulate a suicide attack. Also, I don't recall ramming your aircraft into a target causing much damage. I know I've done it a few times where I've been shot down or fixated on my target and crashing into another and so on, but I've seen targets survive impacts with my aircraft just fine. Is there even a way to add an explosive charge or damage rating to an aircraft??

Well the ohka is already being developed but I dont know if its as a weapon or not - the V1 is a bit different as it could use wheels like the komet instead of a launcher - It is an aircraft I would pull from my main engine and put it back at will -(you dont want to come across a squadren in flight?!?)-as ai would be no good at all as well as single mission ONLY!LOL-- So yeah - exceptions would have to be made-which is a sacrifice of history in lure of fun - which - If we get down to brass tacks gentleman - Is all any of us are doing in this game! afterall going up in a B-17 in combat....in reality - is no damn fun at all ... -well it may not work but were gonna give the V1 a shot -for fun and something a bit new and different - just have to find the best way to have detonation.We can count on Wrench to keep us all sober...Im glad someones off the drink! hic... :biggrin:

Wrench is right. Treating it as a weapon would be the easiest route to take since there aren't any AI flight profiles that would simulate a suicide attack. Also, I don't recall ramming your aircraft into a target causing much damage. I know I've done it a few times where I've been shot down or fixated on my target and crashing into another and so on, but I've seen targets survive impacts with my aircraft just fine. Is there even a way to add an explosive charge or damage rating to an aircraft??

That's exactly (well, most of it) what I said in two of the first replies - of course totally ignored by the following replies... :wink:

That's exactly (well, most of it) what I said in two of the first replies - of course totally ignored by the following replies... :wink:

Sorry dude, I forgot to add you too... :tongue: My bad...

i think that we should go for weapon and ground object(target :biggrin: )frist but there his a way for the flyble version a small bomb bay and the wakky pilot that fly this crazy mission drop the bomb just before its crash into the target blowin the target and im self up :crazy:

key intercepet mission his the bomber before the launch the missiles like all the intercepet missions the problem for the fighters is that the bomber launches must before it enteres the target area. its will a race type mission more then ever.

I have been exprimenting with it - best to make a weapon like a maverick so you get the radar and so you dont miss from real close-it works well using first p view-amd make that a lauchable weapon/warhead and attach it to the rest of the rocket. so-2 lods, 1-weapon/warhead and one - the main aircraft - but yeah dude let see how it works as a weapon first. :clapping:

-and you mean it makes a good ground target too - yeah - never thought of that

Edited by thebeast0449

V-1 update just need to be mapped

next im going to make al launch rail to make a ground target like the scuds