Sign in to follow this  

The new FMs are interesting. For some reason I can't get an engine sound on the Zero, I have PropLoop.wav and it is set correctly in the .ini. But I get nothing. Another thing is they handle funny. I can't quite describe it, but they are not as responsive and as agile as they were in the old 06 FMs, this may be more accurate, I don't know. As far as things unique to the FMs, the mustang always wants to nose down in flight, even with the wing leveler it doesn't fly level, as for the zero it has some serious problems with taking off. It goes hard to the right and even full rudder wont fix it. The AI can't take off, they just run around in circles. Also the instruments in the pit have a purple outline to them for some reason. Oh, and the Mustang and Zero wont fight each other. I set up a fighter sweep in either in 1944 and I get a mission accomplished as soon as I start.

Anyways, that's all I have found so far. I hope that is helpful. This was all done in '08 WOE.

ummm...weren't ALL the Zekes changed to LavEngine.wav???? Double check that, cause that's what I been using for the last 3 years...unless it was changed by someone else

As for them not fighting each other, do you have the CORRECT WW2 nations ini???? Are the NationNames specificed in the data inis correct???

wrench

kevin stein

Im having the same issue with the zero. I have a zero.wav I tried to use to no effect. Then tried several other sounds with no luck. So finally went back to the proploop sound and it doesnt work either! Ive noticed that when I shoot down the zero, it usually goes into a flat spin immediately on its way down. Once when I shot down a zero, the plane fell immediately to the ground. The red target box continued on by itself, smoking, as it fell to the ground in a different direction! In case you didnt hear that correctly, I say again...the target box fell smoking to the ground by itself having seperated from the plane which fell quickly to the ground long before the box finally crashed...lol. I even took a screenie if anyone wants to see it. When the target box hit the ground, it exploded. I didnt realize the target boxes were fueled and carried ammo... :blink:

Another odd behavior I noticed involved the P-47. I have my options set to start the mission near the objective. Several times in a intercept mission I started the mission with my squadron on the ground at an airfield. I figured ok whatever so took off to intercept the enemy which happened to be zeros. My 3 other squadron mates on the ground did not take off behind me. Instead the stayed on the ground following me with their noses as if they were unable to take off, just taxi. I also happened to be watching my altimeter. It had originally started at ground level but as I neared around a 1000 feet, it suddenly switched to about 5000 feet! Remember I had set my options to start in the air near the target but had for some wierd reason started on the ground. Now I was at the altitude I should have been at.

Ive noticed these anolomies while flying in the China terrain if that should make a differance.

Well I think its apparent there are a lot of kinks to work out, but look at the bright side. now we have flyable WW2 FMs. The rest can be ironed out over time.

Just out of interest, what controls are you using to govern mixture, pitch and boost? I know we've already mentioned boost and seen that there was no real solution immediately available, but I'm thinking about the other things too.

"the onboard computer automatically handles mixtures, prop pitch and turbocharger boost/wastegate control"

I know, smart ass answer. :wink: The real one is there IS no way; the Game Engine ™ dosen't support it like IL2 or CFS/FS did (or does). I'm sure it'd require new coding that TK will never add, as this REALLY is a jet sim we're forcing to fly props.

And it does a DAMN good job too!!! :good:

As to what PCPilot is saying, sounds like a glitch in the hit boxes/collision points??? I thought those were all set in MAX??

PCPilot: can you post the section from the data ini that has the /Sounds pointers?? I haven't looked at the Zeke's new data ini, so just to make sure everything is still there.

Also "Intercept" mission will give you a 'Scramble" type as well -- "Get airborne immeadetly and intercept aircraft approaching your airfield" -- REAL common on the WW2 installs I've found. So, test with CAP or RECON

Sounds like the "Driving Miss Daisy Disease" has resurfaced again ...try a different map, New Guenia or Solomons or Burma, and see if it does it. I had ALL kinds of issues with DAT aircraft (in particular a CAF P-43 that the AI would never take off with, 06 level -which is why it never got releaed)

Usually has something to do with the landing gear spring/shock factor AND the tailwheel steering -- in 08 levels, make sure the MaxSteeringAngle= is a positive number. Meaning instead of

MaxSteeringAngle=-45

it reads

MaxSteeringAngle=45

wrench

kevin stein

Hi Wrench, Hope this is what your asking for. Its from the A6M5_Data.ini...

[sound]

EngineSoundName=PropLoop3

AfterburnerSoundName=

DamagedEngineSound=

FlapsSoundName=Flaps

AirbrakesSoundName=Airbrakes

GearsSound=Gear

Next to engine name, I tried several different sounds which I know work on other aircraft to no avail.

I also didnt know that about intercept missions, interesting. Was sure odd though once I took off and reached a certain hieght, that displayed altitude changed so abrubtly by such a large amount. I will experiment later with different maps and see what happens. I'll also take a look at steering angles too, thanks.

EDIT....Ok, the steering angle was set to -45 so reset it to 45, thanks. I also have been having a problem with the decals showing up on the P-47M; they werent. Found that my decals folder was labeled P-47M and the decal.ini was calling the folder P-47D-20. Soooo, this needs to be changed from this...

[Decal008]

MeshName=Right_Wing

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=BOTTOM

FilenameFormat=P-47D-20\36FG\starbar <-----------------Wrong

Position=4.340,-0.100

Scale=2.00

DecalMaxLOD=4

To this....

[Decal008]

MeshName=Right_Wing

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=BOTTOM

FilenameFormat=P-47M\36FG\starbar <------------------Correct

Position=4.340,-0.100

Scale=2.00

DecalMaxLOD=4

Edited by pcpilot

Have you tried the LavEngine.wav??? It shouldn't make ANY difference what you use, as long as it's in the /Sounds folder. And the listing is correct (other than missing the "Name" from "GearSound=", which in on a LOT of mods. I just add it back. It defaluts to the stock sound, without the extra word =which I think it uses anyway!)

Unless 08levels want entries in the SoundsList.ini??? My old WoI 08 WW2 install never had that problem....they all worked!

As to the altimeter, sound like a cockpt ini glitch on one of the needles.

wrench

kevin stein

I think the problem your having with the Zero is your editing the wrong file.

Double Check the A6M5c.INI, but i believe that the file you need to edit is called AvH_JP_A6m5-52a_FlightModel.ini, Instead of A6M5_DATA.ini.

I had the same sound problems and i'm pretty sure i was editing the wrong file also.

Hope this helps!

Thats it! Thats the file. Didnt realize that file also held that info. I figured it was all FM data. I also got the guns to work on the zero too using that data. Thanks Warlord!

I think the problem your having with the Zero is your editing the wrong file.

Double Check the A6M5c.INI, but i believe that the file you need to edit is called AvH_JP_A6m5-52a_FlightModel.ini, Instead of A6M5_DATA.ini.

I had the same sound problems and i'm pretty sure i was editing the wrong file also.

Hope this helps!

Yeah I just realized that myself. It was set to lavengine, which I don't have. So I changed it to proploop.

AV History and Strike fighters!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am in on this! The AV History team is the best around.

Greg was kind enough to get me going on my first aircraft for the CFS Series long ago. With Greg's help, I was the first one out with an addon A/C for M$ CFS 3(P-40).

I would team up with them for a SFP1 aircraft if there is interest in it.

Mikewhl

Hell Yes there's interest!!! We all know your work, and it'll be a welcome addition to the 3rd Wire Family!!

So...

are you taking requests, or have something in mind???? <VBG>

wrench

kevin stein

AV History and Strike fighters!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am in on this! The AV History team is the best around.

Greg was kind enough to get me going on my first aircraft for the CFS Series long ago. With Greg's help, I was the first one out with an addon A/C for M$ CFS 3(P-40).

I would team up with them for a SFP1 aircraft if there is interest in it.

Mikewhl

Hope you do join them. I've been flying some of the aircraft they've created so far, and I think they're the best around. I especially love their P-47. I've always loved the Jug from the reading I've done, but never really liked it in a flight sim, which was very disappointing to me, until I flew theirs. Now, I'm in love with the Jug again. Those guys are a great team. I'll download anything they produce and be grateful for it. If they need a flight tester, I'm there.