Sign in to follow this  

all you pointy nosed go-faster jet jockyies are in for it now!! :yes:

Prop-heads RULE!!! :rofl:

wrench

kevin stein

(time has no constraints for those of us that can move along Time's Arrow, in any direction)

Result :biggrin::good:

Nice work :yes:

I have also updated the testbed campaign to correct a bug with the selection of Axis Air units, to add more USAAF Aces and air units, and to revise the frontline to allow Malta-based units to operate properly.

Should be available soon in the campaign d/l section.

If you don't have the long-nosed 190, you will need to swap that out for another a/c, say an emil or something else available here at CA.

Cheers,

Baltika

Edited by Baltika

Uploaded just awaiting approvial

I have also updated the testbed campaign to correct a bug with the selection of Axis Air units, to add more USAAF Aces and air units, and to revise the frontline to allow Malta-based units to operate properly.

Should be available soon in the campaign d/l section.

If you don't have the long-nosed 190, you will need to swap that our for another unit, say an emil or something else available here at CA.

Cheers,

Baltika

Does all this mean that soon it will be possible a new release of BoB?

Losing Bob has been the worst reade-off in exchange of oct08 patch updating.

I have Vista, sadly and by running on the old patch I lose water and ground effect.

Edited by Canadair

Does all this mean that soon it will be possible a new release of BoB?

Losing Bob has been the worst reade-off in exchange of oct08 patch updating.

I have Vista, sadly and by running on the old patch I lose water and ground effect.

I have certainly not forgotten the old BoB campaign. I am hopeful that eventually the AvHistory team will develop FMs for all of the available WW2 birds, and maybe more to come :wink:

But that is very clearly a long-term project. It has long been recommended that you do not use Oct 08 or later for your WW2 installs. That may be changing as the new FMs are developed. Meantime, I have had some encouraging results by using this tip:

http://avhistory.org/communityserver/forums/t/694.aspx

Thanks to gregoryp at AvHistory for coming up with that :biggrin::good:

I have been flying my Burma Campaign in my test Oct 08 WW2 install by adjusting the existing FMs in line with that advice, with reasonably good results. I haven't yet tested BoB campaign in an Oct 08 install, but it may be worth a try while the new FMs are developed.

Cheers for now,

Baltika

Meantime, I have had some encouraging results by using this tip:

I have been flying my Burma Campaign in my test Oct 08 WW2 install by adjusting the existing FMs in line with that advice, with reasonably good results. I haven't yet tested BoB campaign in an Oct 08 install, but it may be worth a try while the new FMs are developed.

Cheers for now,

Baltika

I have been testing that also, it works pretty well. Another thing that seems to help is to boost the rudder entry for ControlRate=. That will give you more rudder authority and it seems to make WWII fighters fly and dogfight more reasonably.

I have been testing that also, it works pretty well. Another thing that seems to help is to boost the rudder entry for ControlRate=. That will give you more rudder authority and it seems to make WWII fighters fly and dogfight more reasonably.

Cheers, what settings do you use?

Cheers, what settings do you use?

I have not quite got it dialed in yet, try starting around 13.0 and adjust as needed. I have some set as low as 8.0 and others as high as 16.0 it seems to depend on the flight model.

Most excellent fellas thank you.

I have certainly not forgotten the old BoB campaign. I am hopeful that eventually the AvHistory team will develop FMs for all of the available WW2 birds, and maybe more to come :wink:

But that is very clearly a long-term project. It has long been recommended that you do not use Oct 08 or later for your WW2 installs. That may be changing as the new FMs are developed. Meantime, I have had some encouraging results by using this tip:

Cheers for now,

Baltika

I've been using this tip as well for the AT-6B in SF2/V/E and it works great. The pitch authority isn't as high as I would like, but it's a LOT less twichy now and the AI handles it great.

It's a nice band aid until the more solid FMs come along.

FC

Well make sure you guys that are testing these get them some good feedback data. Put it here, their site, wherever so they can find it and read it.

Those FM's are just great cant wait to get some updated aircrafts. Will fit perfectly in any WWII/Korea/Vietnam timeframe mod. Have only tried the P-51D yet but the way it handles... Superb

The end result!!! some very interesting knife fights

w00t!

Fabulous! I always was a prop-head! Just can't get into IL2FB though. This is real fun!

Guys you just inspired me to work on one project:

post-255-1245014222_thumb.jpg

i hope that there will be correct FM for some opponents once :-)

Wish you luck

Monty

See I always liked the prop jobs in the series but we never really did have any good FM's. This make a world of difference.

Question though about AI handling the FM's. Streakeagle made an F-4 FM that was a close the the real thing as you could get. The problem was the AI could not handle it. So will this also become a problem for the AI as well?

See I always liked the prop jobs in the series but we never really did have any good FM's. This make a world of difference.

Question though about AI handling the FM's. Streakeagle made an F-4 FM that was a close the the real thing as you could get. The problem was the AI could not handle it. So will this also become a problem for the AI as well?

So far AI handles the P-51D very well, no odd behavior so far, None have crashed without a reason other than being shot down( the only one I have tried out so far)

Definitely let them know that CA is the place when it comes to ThirdWire modding.

Definitely let them know that CA is the place when it comes to ThirdWire modding.

Actually me thinks that when a lot of better FM's for the props come out, the interest doing Props will explode here

Actually me thinks that when a lot of better FM's for the props come out, the interest doing Props will explode here

There is a ton of prop heads now. Check the mods and skinning forum.

Just do not forget to get the AVhistory guys feedback.

Atleast they got uploaded here

Some may disagree with our methods but Dave and I always have the interests of the community in our hearts. :good:

Some may disagree with our methods but Dave and I always have the interests of the community in our hearts. :good:

We ain't called the Mod Fellas for nuttin'...

:good:

The AI has improved quite a bit since SFP1 Service Pack 2a.

Additionally, the AI constraints can be customized for each aircraft, which wasn't true back then.

I would bet that if I ever got around to finishing my new F-4B FM that it would work fairly well in SF2.

Of course, for me, the main gain of having hyper-accurate FMs was permitting very realistic dissimilar air combat in multiplayer.

In SF2 series, the single missions and campaigns have sufficient immersion out of the box (thanks to greatly refined AI and great looking cockpits), that I really don't feel driven to refine the FM any more...

I would still kill for a true hard-core F-4 sim with all the button pushing glory of Falcon 4 (including full support for a 2nd playe to be the RIO/WSO) AND a full-fledged F-4 flight model.

But I don't think TK's sims are ever going to get me there, they simply remain the closed available alternative.

As my son gets older, maybe I will get the time to continue my own FM research and development.

I not only have the info needed to refine the F-4, but have as much or more information on the XB-70, which would be a challenging aircraft to fly in its pre-fly-by-wire generation.