Sign in to follow this  
NeverEnough

F-22 Pulled From Paris Airshow

Why I think it balances things out! :lol:

We also didn't wanna scare the French with our new weapon.

Of course they and everyone else will try to get as much info as they can from it. That's what other countries do, try to get info.

I remember the outcry at Farnborough when the BAe Rapier tracked either the Stealth Fighter or B-2 as they went over... and not just optically but with the Blindfire radar system...

I remember the outcry at Farnborough when the BAe Rapier tracked either the Stealth Fighter or B-2 as they went over... and not just optically but with the Blindfire radar system...

Wow big deal, lets think how close it was to that Rapier. There is a thing called burn through range. In a stealth aircraft you will eventually get close enough to a radar that it can pick you up. So this is a non event. :blink:

Yeah, tracking a plane with a radar at a range of under 1 mile is probably the most useless ability there is. It needs to track them OUTSIDE rifle range!

The range was greater than 1 mile it was in order of over the range of the missile which granted isnt that great anyway... only 6km's... but it gave the system the ability to track it to get the missile's away... granted the system might be turned to mush before they hit the jet... lol

The range was greater than 1 mile it was in order of over the range of the missile which granted isnt that great anyway... only 6km's... but it gave the system the ability to track it to get the missile's away... granted the system might be turned to mush before they hit the jet... lol

6 klicks is nothing, well within burn through range.

Yeah, tracking a plane with a radar at a range of under 1 mile is probably the most useless ability there is. It needs to track them OUTSIDE rifle range!

Wasn't the Raptor simulatedly hit by an AMRAAM shot by a Growler? Perhaps the F-22 was bays open this time, but seems possible that fighters with modern and powerful and advanced radars such as SuperHornet, the 4.5 gen european fighters and Su-30s to be able to engage a Raptor using effectively its radar. But the advantage is that the Raptor would see them first. Even if Stealth is compromised, the USAF doctrine in overwhelming the enemy in all the areas of air combat will make the enemy blind. That´s the way that aircraft such as Eagle had achieved results wich hadn´t been expected. As allways, the one who sees first kills first, and despite the possibility of killing a Raptor, he will be allways in advantage.

6km is under 4 miles, and I seriously doubt a B-2 would overfly a target that close in a threat environment anyway.

Besides, quite often stealth planes have very NONstealthy transponders going in friendly airspace to enable them to be tracked by ATC while also keeping allies from getting a look at the "true stealth" abilities.

I've never understood why people get excited about this. Both aircraft have radar reflectors that would be deployed any time they were under ground control, and especially in a high-traffic area such as around an air show.