Sign in to follow this  
SGCSG1

Can we shut up Ringo?

I replaced the pic by an S.E.5a frontal picture shot (but forgot how the one is named you'd have to change).

Quote UK Widowmaker: My brother-in-Law was a Student living quite close to that Ped-crossing.... and one day, he was stopped in the street by some Japanese Tourists, who were looking for it.

He told them it was the crossing just behind them (a totally non associated one)....and they said it "Didn't look like the one on the Album cover"...he pursuaded them that it had "Changed since the 1960's"....Took a photo of four of them doing the Beatles walk across it...with Angry motorists tooting and yelling...charged them £20...and buggered off!

He's a Lawyer now! (which doesn't surprise anyone!)

I say: Remember Pearl Harbor!!!!

Quote Olham: When I was there in 1986, it was peaceful and quiet - no tourists at all.

Great story, Widowmaker.

I say: Seems to me there was at least one tourist there. Unless you were at that japanese intersection too.

I wasn't REALLY a tourist; I walked back home with to my English friend Alan's flat, which was in south-west London.

Suddenly he stopped and asked me: "Do you know this street?" I said "No, how could I?" He put me right there, where

the photographer must have stood and asked again. I must admit, I wouldn't have recognised it after the 20st time.

The music in this game is terrific, but just for nostalgia's sake I just replaced the main menu music with....the original Red Baron music.

What a blast from the past.

This is fun!

Dug a hole and buried them.

Eventually perhaps, but they sure as Hell must've put them in the Albert Hall first... otherwise how would they know?

this response is pedestrian to be sure.........but aside from all the witty responses.....you can turn off all the pre-game stuff in "workshops". "Contact" was indeed a nice touch the first couple times.

P4 suggestion. Have Herr Olham or some other worthy german do the honours for some of the voice acting. A little authentic variety and spice, eh?

this response is pedestrian to be sure.........but aside from all the witty responses.....you can turn off all the pre-game stuff in "workshops". "Contact" was indeed a nice touch the first couple times.

It sounded great, again, very surprising quality of voice acting for a 'mod' game. The polish on this thing never ceases to amaze me. But on my fairly extravagent (for a computer system) stereo it was pretty LOUD.

Good Evening All,

Yes, I must admit I also grew a bit tired of hearing that same "Contact" over and over myself, which was why I created an alternate wav file for this. I think it captures a certain spirit in it's own right. :biggrin:

Click here for: A slightly different HangerFadeMusic wave file

Feel free to use it if you like.

Cheers!

Lou

Hello Chaps,

Actually, I thought what would be nice would be a longer run of the engine starting up. That 1/2 second is too tantalising and abbreviated. The engine run up sound on Red Baron was a good length, but suffered from significant digital distortion. It was, I beleive a real Spad engine, so the distortion was a pity.

Do you have any other engine sounds we could plug in there?

I thought I was the only person in the world who thought it was Ringo! I was always expecting him to then tell a story about Thomas the Tank Engine. Sorry, Polovski!

Regards,

George

Did you know that Pierce Brosnan also did a few episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine? My little boy loves it, so I watch it regularly.

Good Evening All,

Yes, I must admit I also grew a bit tired of hearing that same "Contact" over and over myself, which was why I created an alternate wav file for this. I think it captures a certain spirit in it's own right. :biggrin:

Click here for: A slightly different HangerFadeMusic wave file

Feel free to use it if you like.

Cheers!

Lou

Silly bugger!!... I laughed my socks off!!! :rofl:

RAF_Louvert,

Which one of the dev's did the voice acting on that little clip? :rofl: A very passable Mel Blanc impersonation.

Yes. Very humourous. Can anyone point us to the file that we need to replace (with audio of our own, or Lou's funny little clip) so that we can be even more entertained by this great piece of work? And do we simply rename our own audio clip to the name that the original holds and place it back in the same folder to get it to work?

Rickitycrate - I don't know if it was an honour, if I read the title of this thread, and CJ's comment (Lol!)

George; an engine's warm up would be a great idea, I think. Cause the moment lasts longer on older equipment, I think (here it's more than hal a sec) - perhaps it could be made so, that you hear more of the warm up run, the longer your system needs?

Steve, I think it was Polovski. And I can imagine him now with his arms (and himself) crossed. Lol!

RAF_Louvert,

Which one of the dev's did the voice acting on that little clip? :rofl: A very passable Mel Blanc impersonation.

Yes. Very humourous. Can anyone point us to the file that we need to replace (with audio of our own, or Lou's funny little clip) so that we can be even more entertained by this great piece of work? And do we simply rename our own audio clip to the name that the original holds and place it back in the same folder to get it to work?

you go into the campaign file. there is another file named shellsound. inside there are all .wav files. the file you want to change is hangarfade or something like that. if you have something else you want to put inside, it must be wav and you simply rename it to hangarfade and drop it into the folder. when it asks you to replace it, you say yes.

i replaced it myself with some music, similar style like adagio for strings, but more unconfortable, to get the feeling, now the party is over, let's go doing your duty!

by the way. i like the original sound of pol. but it didn't make much sense when i hear my engine starting up in english, but almost always flying for the german, and then ingame i hear the startup again. so i made it more movielike.

if somebody wants to hear more, there is in the creditsection some interviews (i heard them all over and over again), and after it the poem "in flanders fields", i think it's red also by pol.

When you can't tell the difference between a Lancashire accent and a Liverpudlian one you are in trouble especially if travelling up north in England.

And I am definitely, definitely not from Liverpool ;)

Have a look in the \OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\ShellMusic

Replace startup.wav with another of your choice

And whats wrong with being from Liverpool eh

Heres something that should clear this right up

(got things from Lock stock and two smoking barrels, so a bit of swearing)

Err couldn't find a Lancashire accent, can someone help me out

It MUST be alright, if the fab four came from there. What's the video - a TV series?

Why don't we have ANY REALLY FUNNY series here on German TV ???!!!

(Answer: all good humour would get lost in translation.)

Lancashire huh? What did they do with the 4000 holes after they counted them all?

Filled them with yellow matter custard...

Edited by Parky

...number nine ... number nine ... number nine ...

It MUST be alright, if the fab four came from there. What's the video - a TV series?

Why don't we have ANY REALLY FUNNY series here on German TV ???!!!

(Answer: all good humour would get lost in translation.)

The video is from a film called lock stock and two smoking barrels. Great film.

Edited by scouserlad13

or replace pol's startup with monthy pythons "and now something completely different!" :biggrin:

Heres something that should clear this right up

(got things from Lock stock and two smoking barrels, so a bit of swearing)

Err couldn't find a Lancashire accent, can someone help me out

Lol an Austrailian Scouser! Good going :)

Nothing wrong with being a scouser, but I'm definitely not one :)

When you can't tell the difference between a Lancashire accent and a Liverpudlian one you are in trouble especially if travelling up north in England.

And I am definitely, definitely not from Liverpool ;)

Have a look in the \OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\ShellMusic

Replace startup.wav with another of your choice

Pol,

Are you from the Right Side of the Pennines? Whereabouts, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers,

Si

Nothing wrong with being a scouser, but I'm definitely not one :)

What, exactly, is a 'scouser'? [i've led a sheltered life. (lol) ]

What, exactly, is a 'scouser'? [i've led a sheltered life. (lol) ]

A scouser is a person from Liverpool. I.E me :biggrin: