Sign in to follow this  
orsin

people, i think i just made vietnam look better...

For a long time, the way that TW games show their box-like buildings just made me sad. And there is soon gonna be a small fix to change this.

Do they look better now?

Also attached 2 pics to show the look of color-adjusted repaint of VietnamSEA originally from Brain32 and corresponding change of Greenhell 2 from Stary...

Edited by orsin
  • Like 1

nice one - any terrain work is most welcome here :)

For a long time, the way that TW games show their box-like buildings just made me sad. And there is soon gonna be a small fix to change this.

Do they look better now?

What's the difference? I can't see it. Seems like my stock GH2 buildings, any ini changes perhaps?

stary,

just a hint, look at the rooftop...

Edited by orsin

I don't see it either. How about bigger pics?

I Spy...is it maybe a different building structure (color and/or shape)....?

My god, that looks fantastic! Like a completely different sim.

The only 1st gen sim I don't have yet is WoV. I've been thinking it'd be a waste since I plan to get the gen 2 WoV. But this is quickly changing my mind.

Still, I wonder what your framerates are like. In WoE, with the seasons mod installed, I get about 15 FPS when flying near a city. Would this get even lower framerates?

Do they look better now?

Also attached 2 pics to show the look of color-adjusted repaint of VietnamSEA originally from Brain32 and corresponding change of Greenhell 2 from Stary...

well, i see this one, looks good. :good:

Guest haha18

Look like so good

I Spy...is it maybe a different building structure (color and/or shape)....?

Maybe color, shapes and objects placement are from GH2, but it's still unnoticeable. High res pics would help a lot

I don't see it either.

well, it is based on changing the diffuse color of solidobjects to 0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5, which dims the shadow and sunlights on the vertical faces of the building, and then brighten the rooftop of the buildings to get it blend well with the city tile.

Seeing from the top, you won't tell the buildings from the city tile easily, which is a small step forward from original GH2.

And then, I use a modified watereffect.fx shader effect (which I called solidOBJeffect.fx), and now rooftop reflects like in HAWX... you didn;t see it in the screencapture as I made it too weak. Will enhance it soon.

Thold ya it's some ini edit :smile: hard to tell based on low res pics

Speaking as a trained observer and one who appreciates good art, I think you are definately onto something. Let us know about any further progress you get with those tweaks. :clapping:

Maybe comparison pics would make it a bit more obvious? The buildings do look softer compared to the terrain once mentioned, but without stating exactly what was changed, I couldn't tell.

Hey Orsin - Are you going to release this mod/update you've made?

Are we going to be able to download this any time soon, or are you still working on them?

Relax, he will upload it when he is ready. Real life does tend to get in the way of stuff sometimes so I am sure when like I said, its ready, he will upload it.

Relax, he will upload it when he is ready. Real life does tend to get in the way of stuff sometimes so I am sure when like I said, its ready, he will upload it.

Totally understood. It's also important that the modder knows his work is appreciated and desired. It's a powerful impetus for what is often difficult work that's done for free.