Sign in to follow this  

I have a problem with my game graphics in WOI.

I've had this problem in the past, but it got solved at some point, I think after one of the patches came out.

However after upgrading to a 9:16 monitor and updating my Nvidia drivers to the latest versions, first to 186 and now to 190, I get the glitch on every single mission.

I also get the same glitch on an installation of WOE with the Desert Storm campaign installed.

A fresh install with no mods, and updated to the latest patch got the same results.

Basically what happens is that the screen flickers, and the tiles get rearranged. See for yourselves:

img00001.jpg

This happens again and again with ever changing and usually worsening results.

img00005.jpg

img00008.jpg

Sometimes I think it has a sense of humor:

img00011.jpg

img00013.jpg

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and did you find a solution?

Thanks,

Ziker

:blink: I would try to go back to a Nvidia driver that worked before....

:blink: I would try to go back to a Nvidia driver that worked before....

Problem is that the old Nvidia driver didn't work well with other games after I went wide screen.

Thanks,

Ziker

Problem is that the old Nvidia driver didn't work well with other games after I went wide screen.

Thanks,

Ziker

Its a monitor issue. Not all widescreen monitors are game compliant. Try updating the driver for the monitor. If that doesn't work, then you need to get a different monitor. I have to do the same thing with mine. I recomend in getting a samsung.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Judging by the screen shots, its definitely not a monitor issue. I've seen that sort of anomaly before...on a card that was dying. Check the cooling fan on your video card.

Heat is most likely the problem, my card did that before dying. Even newer than 186 drivers are out already.....maybe they'll fix my bioshock problem...

Definitely a video card issue. Maybe drivers are celebrating their installation.

Could also be a dying/old power supply.

Definitely a video card issue. Maybe drivers are celebrating their installation.

Could also be a dying/old power supply.

In my experience, a sub-par PSU simply causes reboots when it can't meet a video card's power demands. Usaully, it occurs only when the card's attempting to render 3D, or under DVD playback.

I had similar after running woe after playing other games before it ....I usually reboot after intesive grafix programmes but in this instance didnt.....I think it may be memory cache getting overful...or summat

I run a gf8800 gtx and a 800 watt gaming psu...card is only 11 months old so it cant be psu or card..

bug.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

I had similar after running woe after playing other games before it ....I usually reboot after intesive grafix programmes but in this instance didnt.....I think it may be memory cache getting overful...or summat

I run a gf8800 gtx and a 800 watt gaming psu...card is only 11 months old so it cant be psu or card..

The card that melted on me was an 8800GTX, so I wouldn't be too sure.

The reason why I was claiming monitor is because this was also another issue I was having with my monitor with it minimizes the game to the desktop. When I hooked up my dad's monitor to my computer, there were no problems. The video card that I was runing was also a Nvidia 280 GTX. So I'm not quite to sure if the problem would be a video card.

looking at an old error log...I see a directx dll error..and did a search and found it may be a cache related issue actually...so I guess its due to gfx memory being choked up possibly

I had EXACTLY the SAME graphic anomalies in TW games, but it was caused by overclocking. If you're OC'ing your cpu/mobo/ram return it to default settings and see if this reoccurs.

Thanks for all the input, it is definitely acting very weird.

After making many attempts to minimize the programs opened before I go into WOI, I ended up discovering a new tactic.

Actually going into another game and then going into WOI has given me better results.

I've so far tried this twice and was able to fly a number of missions without any glitches.

Going into WOI strait after reboot got me the glitches on the first mission again.

I don't have any issues with any other game. Call of Dugy 4 and 5 work well, so does IL-2 1946.

and strangely they seem to pave the way for WOI.

I've got an Nvidia 9800GTX+ and the PSU is a 500W from ANTEC It is the best PSU I've ever invested in.

This is all very strange and every time I think I've got my finger on the problem, suddenly it happens again under the same conditions.

I hope that this time around I'm on to something.

Thanks,

But the question still remains: do you or do you not, sir, overclock your CPU/RAM/GFX? :biggrin:

But the question still remains: do you or do you not, sir, overclock your CPU/RAM/GFX? :biggrin:

No, I don't overclock anything at all.

I've never gone into overclocking and have no extra cooling on my machine.

I use relatively low resolutions, and it is not all that demanding on my machine.

I've bought a Sony HD-Ready KDL-32S5500 to use as my monitor.

It runs at 1360x768 pixels (I don't mind I don't see very well and the extra resolution of a full HD would be lost on me).

So far so good,

No, I don't overclock anything at all.

I've never gone into overclocking and have no extra cooling on my machine.

I use relatively low resolutions, and it is not all that demanding on my machine.

I've bought a Sony HD-Ready KDL-32S5500 to use as my monitor.

It runs at 1360x768 pixels (I don't mind I don't see very well and the extra resolution of a full HD would be lost on me).

So far so good,

Ha, I also used to use 26" HD ready with same resolution as a monitor, it was a samsung i think :). Regarding your issue, check the RAM/chipset timings in bios, they might be set to tight, f.e if your RAM CAS latency is set to 3 or 4 try 5, if your command rate (CR) is set to 1T then try 2 etc.