The two Destroyers (E/RB-66C) do come with the A-6-cockpits. Are there "more realistic" B-66-'pits around? Any chance to get some with some other update in the future -maybe.....blink.gif

Stingray77:

If I knew of a better cockpit, I would have already included it.

Eric Howes

grin.gif Already thought so (I must admit) - but didn't want to miss asking... I didn't want to bother you, though, Eric.

So, I'll just wait for your announced "accumuated-decals-fix".....

Thanks again for all your support this year!

Oliver

I just found out that when starting a campaign, the screen with the carrier floating through the South Cinese Sea (when the greeting scripts are typed) is gone now (Dec 2009) - do you know a remedy for that too, maybe?

Change it to .jpg and see if that doesn't fix it.

What file exactly do I need to change? ...Sorry, I'm still quite new to that kind of changes......

Should be in the campaigns folder under that campaign. If not check the Menu folder.

Ah, I guess, I need to change all the entries for "StartScreen" and "CampaignBaseScreen" in EVERY Campaign.INI from .bmp to .jpg, right? (Was looking for bmp/jpg-data...)

Whoa, lots of changes.......

I'll check that out - thanks

No problem. On a personal note/opinion, alot of the stuff eburger68 and team cannot control due to game mechanics, rather than mod mechanics. Like everything else, it's just an addition, not so much a modification of the game programming itself. Best thing to do is hit the Knowledge Base, or ask before going to eburger68 (which IMHO has done a good job of customer service).

I'm having a bunch of dramas with campaigns in the Gold release that I didn't in the Beta. Cetain aircraft in specific campaigns cause a game crash as the first mission is loading, but work perfectly fine in others.

Eg. Steel Tiger- A-1H and F5

Linebacker II- A-6A

And another mod related question. Any expansion of the VC camps? Or you waiting on swambast's target translator to hopefully come back so you can mod that?

Pappa Goat:

I'm having a bunch of dramas with campaigns in the Gold release that I didn't in the Beta. Cetain aircraft in specific campaigns cause a game crash as the first mission is loading, but work perfectly fine in others.

Eg. Steel Tiger- A-1H and F5

Linebacker II- A-6A

I'm surprised to hear that, because the beta and final release were not all that different -- very few changes from beta to final compared with what the SF2V version went through. Could you give me a bit more data? What module or DLL is named in the Windows crash notice? What squadrons are you flying?

Eric Howes

EricJ:

And another mod related question. Any expansion of the VC camps? Or you waiting on swambast's target translator to hopefully come back so you can mod that?

When I resume adding new targets to the terrain, it will be primarily in North Vietnam. I've still got plenty on my list that need to be added.

As for South Vietnam and the Ho Chi Minh Trail, I'm waiting to see how the work of others shakes out. I know that several people are working on target areas for South Vietnam -- fire bases mainly, but other target types as well. I'd like to see what they come up with before I start doing anything in the South.

I'd like to try Swambast's tool, but it isn't strictly necessary. I added all those new target areas in North Vietnam in about three weeks or so. I've got an efficient system down, though dealing with railroad tracks is still an enormous PITA.

Eric Howes

Roger that, thanks! :good:

Yeh as for the FB's right now. Need to contact Brian32 for info to be able to load the terrain into the TE. Can't get it to work at the moment.

I'm wondering how many generic target types can be scripted. For example, in the terrain target types one can put in specific objects or units, or one can add an entry for, say, AAA, and any ground object listed as AAA will be placed in that spot. They will be friendly or en depending on who controls that area a the time. I'm wondering if there's only a number of scripted recognized object types or if one can enter anything ie: mortars, bunker, foxhole as a ground object type, and then have mortars placed in the target types as a generic label, so that instead of always being for example US mortars placed in that spot, VC mortars will be placed there when control has changed.

Likewise what's the score with ground objects placed in target area in the map and them showing (or not) on the radar or map. I place objects in an target area, but only the AAA show up on the map, or radar or can be targeted unless the other objects are part of a strike mission

Squadron doesn't seem to matter. Also, flying the A-4 in Steel Tiger after a few missions it will crash, wonder if it's to do with targets?

Here's an example:

Steel Tiger flying A-1H

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: WOV.exe

Application Version: 8.10.0.16

Application Timestamp: 48fcb7d5

Fault Module Name: GraphicsEngine.dll

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 48ff9499

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000ba1e

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 013a

Additional Information 2: 1dfeca0ed1b215ae9e7651fc7f32a26e

Additional Information 3: 47c0

Additional Information 4: 021c80b11fa22d270c3bf1d3c5efcfef

Pappa Goat:

You wrote:

I'm wondering how many generic target types can be scripted.

I don't know of a way to do that. Perhaps someone else does, but I've not heard of it being done.

Likewise what's the score with ground objects placed in target area in the map and them showing (or not) on the radar or map. I place objects in an target area, but only the AAA show up on the map, or radar or can be targeted unless the other objects are part of a strike mission

I've not experienced this. Many of the shps and PT boats in harbor areas are ground objects, yet they're always there when you overfly the harbor even when they aren't targets of a strike mission.

Best,

Eric Howes

Pappa Goat:

You wrote:

Squadron doesn't seem to matter. Also, flying the A-4 in Steel Tiger after a few missions it will crash, wonder if it's to do with targets?

The targets didn't change between the beta and final release. I notice the error report references the graphicsengine.dll. Is it always teh graphicsengine.dll?

I tend to suspect that the cause is something specific to your system. We've got hundreds of downloads and installs of the WoV Expansion Pack, and this is the first report that I have of this behavior.

Eric Howes

I've not experienced this. Many of the shps and PT boats in harbor areas are ground objects, yet they're always there when you overfly the harbor even when they aren't targets of a strike mission.

Best,

Eric Howes

Yeh they're there, I mean they don't pop up on the map. Obviously dont want that for every object. Just trying to find a way to have the FSB's marked on the map. Only way I've come up wiht so far is to have an AAA unit in the FSB, so you see the AAA unit type on the map

Change it to .jpg and see if that doesn't fix it.

Eric, seems to work well.

My question is now, is it worth to install the latest (dec 09) patches for WoV2 with this mod?

Eric, seems to work well.

Good stuff man, I remember USAFMTL or somebody else (and reading the readme) that it was making the switch, in order to cut down on filesizes.

DrArrow:

I would recommend NOT installing the Dec 2009 patches, as it will degrade the environmental/weather mods used in the Expansion Pack.

Eric Howes

How can i get rid of the mission log entires, like who shoot a shell onto one of my flight planes?

Anyone knows which file controls detail of log?

Otherwise it's a absolutely amazing mod package!

S!

In the environment system , and in the terrain data there are some entry for drawing in order for both clouds (in the enviro) and alpha objects (such as tree) I had this same problem and solved it in this way.. in the least in series 1