To give the list of aircraft a uniform appearance, I deleted the '' from the AircraftFullName of the AC-130A 'Surprise Package' and Cessna 180 'Possum' - same I did with the (SEA) after the RF-4s. This looks "leaner" now...

(How about the F-4 OWL - should it better read Owl instead?)

This is easily done oneself, but maybe you want to do this too for your update of the Gold, Eric.

To give the list of aircraft a uniform appearance, I deleted the '' from the AircraftFullName of the AC-130A 'Surprise Package' and Cessna 180 'Possum' - same I did with the (SEA) after the RF-4s. This looks "leaner" now...

(How about the F-4 OWL - should it better read Owl instead?)

This is easily done oneself, but maybe you want to do this too for your update of the Gold, Eric.

Alot of extra work for no reason. It doesn't affect the operation of the mod in the least bit.

Dave:

There are a couple of different newer B-52G models available in "mega" packs. Which one did you have in mind?

B-52G.LOD 1,088,902 4/27/2008 07:02pm

B-52G.LOD 1,113,178 7/20/2009 06:57am

Eric Howes

Which one has the tail bumps? You cant miss them they are right in the middle of the tail. I cant remember. You want the one without. I wish I wasn;t on duty or I will look this up for you. Now I can't be sure if we removed them on any of the models. Let me see if I can dig up the screen shot from here.

Alot of extra work for no reason.

Alot of work? Twenty clicks at a max - all that to get a "cleaner" looking drop-down... But this may not be of as much value to everybody as it is for me...

And, as said: it's easy to perform yourself/myself - so I absolutely don't bother if Eric or you don't see enough value in that. Fully okay with me.

Dave:

There are a couple of different newer B-52G models available in "mega" packs. Which one did you have in mind?

B-52G.LOD 1,088,902 4/27/2008 07:02pm

B-52G.LOD 1,113,178 7/20/2009 06:57am

Eric Howes

Eric

Use this one "B-52G_72: This version went to Vietnam for Linebacker with the ability to carry only 27 bombs and very inferior ECM."

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=9685

From that package and you are set.

Dave:

OK, I'll use that one. Will that LOD work in WoV? (I can take care of the fm and other data differences.)

Eric Howes

Dave:

OK, I'll use that one. Will that LOD work in WoV? (I can take care of the fm and other data differences.)

Eric Howes

It should but if it doesnt then use the early G from this package

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=9058

Then add the pit and other relavant files to make it flyable. But I think you wont have an issue.

Hi all,

Are we any further along the road to a fix for this mod on SF2V? Or shall I continue playing it on WOV? I have the latest version patched up SF2V so I cannot roll back.

Dogzero1 :salute:

DogZero1:

As stated before, the trees/clouds problem is not something that anyone here can fix (in the truest sense of the word). Only TK can fix it. The Jan. 2010 update does have a workaround: what I call the "disappeared trees fix." That's the best we can offer at this time. There's a post from me on one of the previous pages of this thread discussing the "disappeared trees fix." The ReadMe for the Jan 2010 Update also has a note about it.

Best,

Eric Howes

DogZero1:

As stated before, the trees/clouds problem is not something that anyone here can fix (in the truest sense of the word). Only TK can fix it. The Jan. 2010 update does have a workaround: what I call the "disappeared trees fix." That's the best we can offer at this time. There's a post from me on one of the previous pages of this thread discussing the "disappeared trees fix." The ReadMe for the Jan 2010 Update also has a note about it.

Best,

Eric Howes

Thanks Eric. downloading the update ...now. Didn't realise there was an update.

Dogzero1

Edited by Dogzero1

Hi All:

A "February 2010 Update" for both the SF2V & WoV Air & Ground Expansion Packs is now available. These updates incorporate all the fixes and updates from the "January 2010 Updates." Please look through the ReadMe that accompanies each before installing.

Eric Howes

I'm having trouble downloading- getting the file not found message. Any ideas?

andqui:

Wait a bit and try downloading later. The server may have been having temporary issues when you tried. Also, be sure to clear your browser cache before re-trying.

Eric Howes

andqui:

What are you trying to download? Be specific -- give a link to the download page.

Eric Howes

I was trying to download the two links on the first page of this thread. I went and downloaded all of the separate parts from the downloads section, and everything's working now.

andqui:

Ah, that explains it. I've edited the first post in this thread to remove the links, which are long since obsolete.

Eric Howes

This mod pack looks really nice-

is there a way to fly for the north vietnamese in any of the campaigns. I found one campaign that does that here at combat ace, but I'd like to also involve the new planes and stuff added in your campaigns. Any ideas?

andqui:

In order to fly Red aircraft for either single missions for campaigns, you'd need to make the appropriate aircraft flyable (using the several mod packs available here at CA), and then edit the campaign files to add player flyable units.

Best,

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Found a bug. The A-4B Skyhawk, its invisible. I think the entire aircraft is not loading, not just the skin, because it freezes the game. Bombs are visable though.

Richard:

Which version of the Expansion Pack -- SF2V or WoV? Which patch level of the game are you playing at? And which specific model of the A-4B?

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

SF2V standalone install, Dec. patch. Its the A-4 "B" version, not the C, E, or F.

Badfrank:

Is your installation also a standalone SF2V install?

RichardG:

I tested all A-4B variants on my various test installs of the two Expansion Packs last night and encountered no problems. In fact, we make almost no changes to the A-4B or the _65 variant in SF2V. So, my best guess is that the A-4B & A-4B_65 are not part of a default SF2V standalone install.

You can test this by temporarily renaming your SF2V Mod Folder to something else, then starting the game and letting the game generate a fresh new Mod Folder. Does that Mod Folder contain an A-4B and A-4B_65?

Eric Howes