Sign in to follow this  
Rickitycrate

Just wondering

Hey guys, I'm dang tired of shaving. I've been shaving once a day with an electric. So anyway I got to thinking that if I shaved twice a day it would be easier although it sounds like it would take more time. I tried it today and that second shave went very fast and easy, not the usual chore. Experience, thoughts?

Allways the best Choice Chainsaw%2Bshaving.JPG

eh, J/k i don't have facial hair :/

I've never been satisfied with an electric, it never seems to get close enough compared to a blade. I can usually get away with once a day.

Downside of course is that you need to refill your supplies (blades and shaving cream) fairly regularly.

FC

I've never been satisfied with an electric, it never seems to get close enough compared to a blade. I can usually get away with once a day.

Downside of course is that you need to refill your supplies (blades and shaving cream) fairly regularly.

FC

Yeah, it does a better job but I'm getting too lazy and old. I can hardly see my own darn face anymore. I gotta go by feel, hehe. I got the whole setup and use the lather and razor when I'm ambitious. Beard is out of the question for now. Thanks for reply.

Silverbolt you don't have facial hair? Wow. You can have mine, hehe.

I used electric for long, before I forgot it in Libya when leaving.

As I never took the time to buy a new, it's manual blade now. Should be once a day, more often it's once every two days. Will revert to electric as soon as possible, meaning when I think about it in a store.

Been using a straight razor since the New Year. Feels great and a one two-pass shave is enough for two days for me.

You could use a wig!

i don't shave (usualy).. i grow it a bit then trim it

my skin isn't the best for an everyday shave :|

I no longer shave anymore since I retired out of the Navy. I just go to the barber once a month to have it trimmed up.

if transplant was possible...

i'd be a spartan if i could

ThisIsSparta_1486_1246218055.gif

You could use a wig!

eh, women's stuff :no:

Edited by Silverbolt

i don't shave (usualy).. i grow it a bit then trim it

my skin isn't the best for an everyday shave :|

So is mine, also because I'm quite heavy handed with the blade and because it's often somewhat thick and tangled. Geez, I should do it daily since I'm 15!

You should try electric razors. They usually they won't do to your skin the things the blade will. But it's indeed far less tidy...

Wouldn't us all be so happy if beards and moustaches just like in mid-19th century suddenly become sooooo fashionnable?

I personnaly choose the Longstreet cut! :rofl:

I've used an electric daily since I was 17. If I try and go more than about 30 hrs without shaving, though, the razor starts to choke on it around my chin. My facial hair grows way to fast and thick for my convenience. I know a guy who only shaves every other day and even then he has less on day 2 than I have after less than 24 hrs! Dammit...

I've used an electric daily since I was 17. If I try and go more than about 30 hrs without shaving, though, the razor starts to choke on it around my chin. My facial hair grows way to fast and thick for my convenience. I know a guy who only shaves every other day and even then he has less on day 2 than I have after less than 24 hrs! Dammit...

I hear you brother. And I'm tired of work involved just to have to do it again. I've shaved twice a day now for 2 days and so far it takes less time and less pulling. So if I can make it habit I will do 2 a day. If it weren't for my wife I'ld grow the beard. I got enough hair, my nephew said I was furry like a squirrel. And yet somehow with all that hair... I'm bald.rofl.gif

I was offered an electric when I started shaving so I used that until my beard was so strong it damaged the protective grill of the electric blades, and my godfather told me how to use a blade - and I never looked back since. Thankfully I only have to shave about once a week (no nazi policies about having a little facial hair where I work), but if I leave it untended it really grows strong - and when it does you can just about forget using electric, it would be like using a scissor to mow the lawn... I started off with Wilkinson but went over to Gilette, Mach 3... Once a week does it for me, unless I'm on a holiday with my girl, then ofc I shave like once every 2 days...

So is mine, also because I'm quite heavy handed with the blade and because it's often somewhat thick and tangled. Geez, I should do it daily since I'm 15!

You should try electric razors. They usually they won't do to your skin the things the blade will. But it's indeed far less tidy...

i never really used a blade... only electric..

but it's hard (on a daily bases) blink.gif

I see... Your case is indeed most severe! :blink:

Perhaps your razor isn't the best quality you should have. You can also try to take some advices in pharmacy, they might have some things easing the skin after or before shaving.