Sign in to follow this  
Delta6Actual

I seem to remember...

At one point, I remember there was a a file for an A-7F, the after-burning prototype for the advanced A-7. I looked everywhere, but cant find it on CA. Am I dreaming this, or was the file deleted or something?

Probably got lost some how.

That would require someone who has it re-uploading it here, of course.

The A-7F was approximately 1.3 meters longer than its siblings, sported wing-strakes, and had a somewhat different aft fuselage section. You're not to achieve that through simple via .ini edits. :dntknw:

"The principal feature of the YA-7F was incorporation of the Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-220 afterburning engine of 20,000 pounds thrust. This required structural modification of the fuselage to add 29.5 inches just forward of the wing, 18 inches immediately aft of the wing and upward rotation of the fuselage aft section to maintain ground clearance. Wing strakes were also added. Other equipment provided was a 60-KVA generator, an On-Board Oxygen Generating System (OBOGS), and revised cockpit controls and displays. Many other improvements were made throughout the airplane

The YA-7F first flew in November 1989 with test pilot Jim Read at the controls. Vought proposed to modify 307 Air National Guard A-7D's to the A-7F configuration at a unit flyaway cost of $4.93 million. The two prototypes went on to complete a very successful flight test program at Edwards Air Force Base, but the USAF chose not to put the airplane into production"

The difference in length between an A-7D and A-7F is quite apparent in this image:

db_0429_0741.jpg

No need to be sorry, if there's enough interest in this model, perhaps I can convince my fellow MF members to create the appropriate 3D model.

there is always some interest in MF products, and with the curreent A-7`s we have a realy nice base for the F version! It will be welcomed.. but for now I`m waiting for the Cat :drinks:

I would support this for sure. I have all of the MF A-7's and they are all dynamite! They're so good, they are pretty much all I fly. The YA-7F would be icing on the cake! :clapping:

An A-7 with Afterburner and a longer fuselage - just cant think what that reminds me of.....

Yes, it could just as well be called a Baby Crusader!