Sign in to follow this  
guyran

Sf2 Israel is iminent

If it works in Vista, it will most likely work in Win7.

They are pretty darned similar...

If it works in Vista, it will most likely work in Win7.

They are pretty darned similar...

Previous installers worked on Win7 just fine :wink:

The thing I keep wondering is where did they get "7" from? The build number says 6.1, doesn't it? Just like Vista was 6.0, XP was 5.1, and 2000 was 5.0.

Thay called it 7 for luck. Seems to work so far...

I think some of mine might have modified squadronlist.ini's and possibly a couple of others. I guess the biggest issue is mods of stock planes, as the .ini's for them might be changed in the .cat.

I'm sure when it comes out we'll see some people post about issues with specific mods. The SF2V A&G Exp is one I'm particularly concerned about, actually! My other one is mostly just planes, terrains, and weapons.

That's a good point. I'll talk to eburger68 about that. I wonder if it will impact NF4+ at all as well.

The reason I thought of that one is the large number of stock .ini's that are modded in it from what I recall. New "drop in" .inis for planes and weapons shouldn't be any trouble, like Dave said...

Anyway, maybe it will just necessitate another tiny "fix pack" that consists of replacement .ini's based on the latest patch level.

. I wonder if it will impact NF4+ at all as well.

Well that would depend on a few things.

1. Will TK patch the other sim to SF2:I level and if so when will he do that?

2. If he doesnt do it anytime soon and if there is significant changes, (which I suspect there is) I would refrain installing NF4+ into a merged install with SF2:I as part of it.

Can NF4+ be installed onto a stand-alone install of SF2:E or will it need a merged install? I know its slightly off topic but I think its still relevant to the last few posts.

Cheers

Mike

It's meant for stand alone SF2:E but I don't think merged would be a problem...

I can't wait to at least see the aircraft list. I'm personally hoping that the Mirage IIICJ2 will be in the aircraft list. Maybe there'll be an Egyptian skin for the Mirage 5 also.

Hello!

I love Strike Fighters 2 serie ... I can't wait!!! :good:

Pierre from France :bye: