quick paint job

fia.jpg

f1b.jpg

• Like 3

nice!!! Paint job is real nice!!

I'd increase the rolling radius on the main gears a bit, however, so they won't sink into the tarmac. Add 0.10 to each, and see where they sit, repeat in 0.05 increments until they just have a little flattness on the bottom

wrench

kevin stein

To expand on my last post:

I recently modelled this F-1 for an RTS we were making, and while it is obviously low poly I just want to show how I've used the texture space available to me, which was a single 1024x1024 map:

Hell if you want to, I could texture it provided the maps are good.

post-9221-12746955582212.jpg

post-9221-12746956048189.jpg

Dude, that is horribly inefficient mapping there. You want to use as much of the map as possible, as everything else is just wasted memory. On those maps you're perhaps using 15% of the space available, tops. That means 85% is just wasted memory lowering performance.

You should really go back and do a proper job mapping it. It isn't difficult to do and it pays off because you can use max's texture baking to help create your textures. That is, if you unwrap it properly.

Furthermore there are plenty of tools in max to help you unwrap properly like shell stitch and various automatic unwrappers like cylindrical/box/pelt unwrappers you can use to speed up workflow.

Even using the "pack uv's" command would make that map much more efficient.

Dude, that is horribly inefficient mapping there. You want to use as much of the map as possible, as everything else is just wasted memory. On those maps you're perhaps using 15% of the space available, tops. That means 85% is just wasted memory lowering performance.

You should really go back and do a proper job mapping it. It isn't difficult to do and it pays off because you can use max's texture baking to help create your textures. That is, if you unwrap it properly.

Furthermore there are plenty of tools in max to help you unwrap properly like shell stitch and various automatic unwrappers like cylindrical/box/pelt unwrappers you can use to speed up workflow.

Even using the "pack uv's" command would make that map much more efficient.

as i said..still learning

Well try making it look more like my layout and you'll be good to go as long as you leave space for things like cockpit and gear wells. Speaking of gear wells, since they're the same on each side, you can tile them on the same piece of map with no problem. Just move the mirrored UV shell out from 0-1 space.

Released

was brought to my attention I forgot to include the Tank LOD ..sory here it is . Unzip and put in weapons folder

F-1 tank LOD.zip

Edited by Veltro2k