Indeed, one of the airfields I started on I immediately crashed, and really unhelpfully forgot which one...

British, the runway didn't go all the way to the start point, but once I find it I can let you know but not when..

Mabye the airfields are too small??? Lots of Runway3, which tend to be a bit small for jets. Normally, that is. I know swapping up to Runway 1,2,5,6 would mean major retiling and other work.

Also, I wonder if the old "shouldn't list an airfield as the first target bug" has reared it's head again. Don't know if you all remember, but SF before patch 3 (maybe???) you couldn't have an airbase as the first target area; planes would blow up on the ruway or crash or other oddites.

OTH, in my 06 level WW2 install, there dosn't seem to be any problem with the BoB map (in fact, it one my favorites!!)

wrench

kevin stein

Also, I wonder if the old "shouldn't list an airfield as the first target bug" has reared it's head again. Don't know if you all remember, but SF before patch 3 (maybe???) you couldn't have an airbase as the first target area; planes would blow up on the ruway or crash or other oddites.

OTH, in my 06 level WW2 install, there dosn't seem to be any problem with the BoB map (in fact, it one my favorites!!)

wrench

kevin stein

I don't think it was a runway to jet issue, as I can fly off of forward strips fine, but did have what you're talking about. I started the mission, then blew up, so exactly what you're talking about Wrench, that oddity. It could be a SF2 GermanyCE.cat issue versus SF1 but can't really confirm that.

Maybe that one of the british airfields is not 100% correct located and a short move of some 100 meters to a somewhat different location can solve that problem. I had a similar problem with a french base, i think it was Hermalingen, which i moved 100 meters to north and all was fine.

gallery_3395_45_57912.jpg

In the last days i tried to improve the BoB60th terrain for France vs UK campaign.

The most runways are new styled, Paris got bridges and some more buildings. I know the Eiffel tower is not the nicest one, but the old one i used in the old BoB terrain caused CTD, so i have to use this tower. till i will find a better one.

In the last days i tried to improve the BoB60th terrain for France vs UK campaign.

The most runways are new styled, Paris got bridges and some more buildings. I know the Eiffel tower is not the nicest one, but the old one i used in the old BoB terrain caused CTD, so i have to use this tower. till i will find a better one.

But it looks like an Eiffel tower...

Same trouble with the BoB one in my France map :boredom:

Edited by EricJ

Looking good so far, so when I'm bombing the Frogs I can get a view of the tower on my run :smile:

Hi Gepard,

I've added a Royal Navy FAA squadron flying SeaVixen FAW1 and I was wondering which nations to ally with each side.

According to you, who's going to fight with the UK side and who with the French side?

Cliff

Feel free to decide yourself. But i guess that RN and RAF should handle as allies, arent they. :grin:

I haven't read all the replies but if nobody has already noticed it, you can also add some Crusaders of the French Aeronavale (from 1968 to the late 90's) and early Super Etendard (both ground based in Bretagne or even carrier based) and some Neptune.

And what about some Spanish or Belgian Mirages to bring us some help to screw up those "rosbif" ? :lol:

Edited by fougamagister

I have a campaign in test with RAF, RN and the belgian Air Force on the one side and the french and dutch on the other. Background is a breakaway of Belgium into a flamic and a wallonian part.

Would be lovely a BoB with warsaw pact forces and "vichy" french out of france shores VS RAF and polish and czeck

Ef2000 and Tornado ADV and GR4 and F-16 jarzstrab and Gripens (czeck) and perhaps a volunteer US squadron (F-22?) VS su-27M and Su24/34 and mig-29 and su-39 and french mirage and rafale

Modern Sam defences.

(: Why not?

...as long as you don't call it "vichy" french :l

And there's also the Jaguar and the Super Etendard to add.

The campaign " 985 Belgium Break" withj UK and Belgium against France and Netherlands runs fine so far. Contains Mirage III, V, F-1, 2000, Sea Harriers, Harriers, Phantoms, Tornaod GR.1 and F.3, belgian and dutch F-16As, NF-5A, british and french Jaguars.

Perhaps i should include the Super Etendard and perhaps i should include Danmark with Drakens and F-16A.

Only problem i have to ask Mirage Factory wheter they give me the permission for using their Jagaur GR for my Jaguar A mod.

Well, better use the A model I will send you

If it's meant to happen in 1985, you'll also need a reworked Belgian Mirage 5 BA with the small ECM suite installed circa 1983