Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Tragedy in Haiti

Man this is terrible. The whole country is devistated. C-130s have brought in comm personnell to get an eyeball on situation and set up a mak shift control tower to keep aid planes coming in. A Coast Guard cutter is there proving aid. The USS Carl Vinson will be there Friday which can provide electricity and medical personnel. The 82nd Airborne will have troops there by tomorrow and a amphib task force with 2200 Marines to help out as well. Europe and China have sent money and aid workers are in route. Fairfax County Va has sent there rescue sqauds with dogs and EMT workers. Good the world mobilIzing on this. They need help.

Unfortunatelly sucha a tragedy, we lost 11 men in main base during the earthquake.

glat to see US is giving such a big help, while our lazy ass government still figuring what they can do for those people.

Man this is terrible. The whole country is devistated. C-130s have brought in comm personnell to get an eyeball on situation and set up a mak shift control tower to keep aid planes coming in. A Coast Guard cutter is there proving aid. The USS Carl Vinson will be there Friday which can provide electricity and medical personnel. The 82nd Airborne will have troops there by tomorrow and a amphib task force with 2200 Marines to help out as well. Europe and China have sent money and aid workers are in route. Fairfax County Va has sent there rescue sqauds with dogs and EMT workers. Good the world mobilIzing on this. They need help.

A few states/local places are sending their local first responders down to help. I hope the Fed gears up more people/aid to go.

I have a very dear and close personal friend whose family is unaccounted for.

God bless those people, because for years they have been living just 6 in above the dirt to begin with, and then this happens.

Gents please give were and how you can (even three pennies helps), the Red Cross is always taking in donations for just about anything be it blood, money, food, or used clothing.

Edited by ironroad

I am hoping my C-5 wings get activated for the rescue mission. Our birds can carry quiet the load and we have an AES as well with some of the best doctors and nurse's in the US Military.

I think we're working a charter tonight to get some more folks down there to help out.

Too bad they don't draw more volunteers from us National Guardsmen. I'd go in a heartbeat.

Don't be surprised if they do. Everyone might get a bite of this one. This is worse than the tsunami (I think).

Don't be surprised if they do. Everyone might get a bite of this one. This is worse than the tsunami (I think).

Yeah it is worse. It's being declared the worst disaster in the world.

If my unit asks for vollunteers from the AGR folks, I'll go. However, I think they will call the reservists first before they call in the AGR. At my unit, we're supposed to be non-deployable. I don't even know if there is a need for regular Security Forces over there anyways, except for maybe Pheonix Raven for unsecured landing areas. Either way, if they call, I'll go.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Guest rscsjsuso5

i can clearly recall the quake that hit china in the past about a year ago very devastating and horrible i cried for my motherland of which destiny brings natural disasters that we will eventually have to confront with due to climate change. as right now the news of haiti again brings tears of pain when i heard of it of a natural disaster , haiti a country so beautiful and rich in culture have to be subjected to this and its wrong but we people can not hide from natural disasters, their is great confidence and strength that the haiti ppl will overcome rebuild and rise again.

link of what china is providing to haiti http://english.cctv.com/program/worldwidewatch/20100113/103938.shtml

The Tsunami was far worse, but this earthquake is right up there with it. Such a large quake is unusual for the location and buildings weren't designed for it, making the devastation far worse.

It really is when we take the initiative helping people that we're at our best as a nation.

Was just watching the news here at home and looks like my base is mobilizing. Didn't get a call though, so I guess SF is out of it for this one.

My wife is a registered nurse who is currently struggling to find work. I saw a news story saying there's a call for volunteer nurses. She didn't hesitate. She's signing up for it right now.

the IDF is sending people from the Home Front Command, people that have equipment and knowledge to render assistance in these kind of situations...

in the Turkey disaster years ago, they save a little girl after spending 6 days under the wreckage of the home she stayed in!

Mobilization here too, mainly civilians so far, we are sending something. By now they don´t want non-pro volunteers, so i´m just giving some A+, but i don´t know if it will be of use, reminds me of the towers, supersize style. If you see the pictures, that´s mean hell, i don´t remember anything hard since maybe the holocaust.

Occasionally...When I am contemplating just how unpleasant the Human Race can be sometimes...we all pull together as one to help our Brothers and Sisters.

Amazing :drinks:

I have mixed thoughts, It's a terrible tragedy. A family from the town I live has a daughter missing still 6 days into this. Her name is Britney Gengel a 19 year old Lynn (FL) University student was there only 1 day when this hit. The news channels with their sat trucks all over the center of town and their front yard. They were told she was found about 4 days ago, but when they got off the plane in FL they were told they got bad news it wasn't their daughter they found. There is 6 people from Lynn U missing still at the Hotel.

Here is were I get upset. As a father, I would never let my daughter travel to the poorest nation on this side of our mud ball.

Brit.jpg

Lynn u mia.jpg

Edited by MAKO69

My wife is a registered nurse who is currently struggling to find work. I saw a news story saying there's a call for volunteer nurses. She didn't hesitate. She's signing up for it right now.

After she goes down there come to the east coast we have a nurse shortage.

My country sent a bunch of engineers and medical staff and of course big chunks of money.

I like the fact that most of the world can come together and help someone in need. It shows promise for the future.

The US Navy is sending their Hospital ship. I think they put most of their eggs in that basket along with security and rescue personel, the ship left 2 or 3 days ago it should be there soon.

The US Navy is sending their Hospital ship. I think they put most of their eggs in that basket along with security and rescue personel, the ship left 2 or 3 days ago it should be there soon.

We are sending an LPD in that role. Probably, most of the hospitals will operate seaborne in haiti during this crisis

I have mixed thoughts, It's a terrible tragedy. A family from the town I live has a daughter missing still 6 days into this. Her name is Britney Gengel a 19 year old Lynn (FL) University student was there only 1 day when this hit. The news channels with their sat trucks all over the center of town and their front yard. They were told she was found about 4 days ago, but when they got off the plane in FL they were told they got bad news it wasn't their daughter they found. There is 6 people from Lynn U missing still at the Hotel.

Here is were I get upset. As a father, I would never let my daughter travel to the poorest nation on this side of our mud ball.

It's been almost a month they hav'nt found her, 2 other students and the faculty members. Just recovered another body of one of the girls from the Hotel Montana yesterday. Sad.

They found her body today, very sad. no more words......................