Sign in to follow this  

Can anyone help me with this 'little' problem I've been having since (I think) the Dec. '09 Patch:

post-29988-12658433430575.jpg

that's funny!

did you send a report over at the TW site?

No. I only noticed it the other day, but I might do that as well.

Someone mixed up the the missile model with the actual SA-8 system. What weapon pack are you using? You might want to check the missile itself.

Edited by suhsjake

I'm using the Weapons Pack that Killerbee put together last year for the SF2 games. BTW; to save anyone asking, I haven't changed any entries in the DATA.INI file except the country of origin, which I've put down as Paran.

Suhshake; I've tried entering the same screenshot as above in a post on the ThirdWire site, but for some stupid reason a message keeps popping up telling me that my image must be at least 0 pixels by 0 pixels or something like that dntknw.gif

Save it to photobucket and post the link in the post.

Edited by suhsjake

Why, there's something you don't see every day....

I've just posted it on the Third Wire forum with a link to this page. Thanks for your help and advice so far, lads.

It would surely be spectacular to see that thing hit a plane.

:rofl: That's awesome!

"SAM launcher, SAM launcher!"

"Umm... don't you mean 'SAM launch?'"

"No, I SAID SAM LAUNCHE..." WHAM!

"You gotta be $#!+ing me..."

• Like 2

It's Pretty simple..........Done by mistake, I gather. No need to report this to TW unless it's doing it to more than one Launcher. And it has nothing to do with last Years Weapon Pack. :good:

What happened is the SA-8 File that was suppose to go to the "Ground Objects" Folder, Got coppied over to the "Weapons" Folder where a "SA-8" and "SA-8B" Folder reside. The "Tale-Tale" Indications was that the Launcher being fired had no Texture and had the Missile Fire Effect assigned to it. :dntknw:

Here's the Fix. Allow the Two Files I've included in this Attachment to overwrite the SA-8 and SA-8B Folders in Your "Weapons" Folder. It's copies of the Missiles. It'll keep You from digging through a whole Weapons Pack to find them. :cool:

331KillerBee

Weapons.7z

Wow...that's funny. Having seen this, if I were a 3D modeller I'd probably make an '83 Lebaron, or some similar automobile to be fired up into the air.

I question it's manouverbility as a missile. However it can be used as a terror/propaganda weapon, like "We have so many of theese we launch entire systems at you!!!" :rofl::blink:

It's Pretty simple..........Done by mistake, I gather. No need to report this to TW unless it's doing it to more than one Launcher. And it has nothing to do with last Years Weapon Pack. good.gif

What happened is the SA-8 File that was suppose to go to the "Ground Objects" Folder, Got coppied over to the "Weapons" Folder where a "SA-8" and "SA-8B" Folder reside. The "Tale-Tale" Indications was that the Launcher being fired had no Texture and had the Missile Fire Effect assigned to it. dntknw.gif

Here's the Fix. Allow the Two Files I've included in this Attachment to overwrite the SA-8 and SA-8B Folders in Your "Weapons" Folder. It's copies of the Missiles. It'll keep You from digging through a whole Weapons Pack to find them. cool.gif

331KillerBee

Followed your instructions to the letter. Just got the chance to test it now. Negative result unfortunately:

post-29988-12659163978984.jpg

how about renaming the main ini to xSA-8.ini, so it removed from the GameEngine's sight (assuming this is TKs stock version) and trying the TMF version? See if that makes a difference? It should be in the woi or woe weapons pack (along with MUCH better Barlocks and HAWKs)

wrench

kevin stein

The weapon type name callout in the SA-8L_Data.ini (launcher data.ini) must match the SA-8A or SA-8B missile type name, the one spelled out in the missile's .ini file in the weapons folder (not its data.ini file).

For example:

[Missile1]

SystemType=MISSILE

MissileID=1

WeaponTypeName=SA-8B

WeaponPosition=-1.195,-0.948,2.863

ShowMissile=TRUE

IndependentPitchMovement=FALSE

Nice one Fubar. I went to my weapons folder, changed the name of the SA-8 to 'SA-8A' and then made the corresponding changes to the SA-8 vehicle DATA.INI file:

[Missile1]

SystemType=MISSILE

MissileID=1

WeaponTypeName=SA-8A

WeaponPosition=-1.18,-0.61,3.63

ShowMissile=FALSE

[Missile2]

SystemType=MISSILE

MissileID=2

WeaponTypeName=SA-8A

WeaponPosition= 1.18,-0.61,3.63

ShowMissile=FALSE

[Missile3]

SystemType=MISSILE

MissileID=3

WeaponTypeName=SA-8A

WeaponPosition=-0.74,-0.61,3.63

ShowMissile=FALSE

[Missile4]

SystemType=MISSILE

MissileID=4

WeaponTypeName=SA-8A

WeaponPosition=0.74,-0.61,3.63

ShowMissile=FALSE

This file namechange was also made in the SF2 Weapon Editor.

End result - voila:

post-29988-12659318178644.jpg

There was no problem at all in the first place with the SA-8B Launcher Vehicle so I left that alone.

Thanks again to all for your patience and assistance. At least now I won't be seeing Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang heading towards me at 3,000ft over enemy territorygrin.gif

No we know why it's happening and how to fix it...

So what was actually the cause of the problem in the first place?

Edited by jomni

No we know why it's happening and how to fix it...

So what was actually the cause of the problem in the first place?

Very good question. More to the point; what was wrong with the SFG SA-8 vehicle model? Using the 'B' model for the 'A' doesn't look right. dntknw.gif

Must copy over the old model from my stored SFG files for that purpouse

Edited by Ultramax

I know that the system was supposed to be All Terrain but Air Terrain capable as well... :rofl:

Somebody should write yet another version of "He tried to kill me with a forklift" song about this one.