Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Charlie Foxtrot with my pay raise

Well, so I went on to Mypay today to see if I got my new E-5 paycheck and found that I'm still getting E-4 pay. So I called up Edwards AFB to find out what's going on. They said they never got any paper work that I got promoted. So I contact my personnel office to find out what the deal is. Apparently, I was almost promoted to an E-6, the personnel manager caught the error (that was more than likely generated by him), corrected it, and forwarded it to our finance unit, who in turn had to open up a CMS case file to headquarters, in which they will have to now conduct an investigation on, and I wont see the new pay until the case file is closed. So I maybe looking at 2 to 2 1/2 months worth of back pay. Untill then, I have to budget my finances as being an E-4. Fun times!

can't trust finance ever. things like that are why i still get paid once a month. too damn likely if i change it i'll get no pay due for a few months!

Got to love finance. But its good they did catch it because then you would of owed them!

Got to love finance. But its good they did catch it because then you would of owed them!

Yeah... not something I would enjoy.

You should have taken the E-6 pay.

You'll probably be eligible for it before they get it squared away. :dntknw:

You should have taken the E-6 pay.

You'll probably be eligible for it before they get it squared away. :dntknw:

LOL... yeah, you're probably right!

at least you will get it back...

congrats on the promotion :)

btw, got a raise due to some sort of an agreement (almost 100$ more a month, better than nothing)

and i suppose to get another raise on the third year in permanent service! grin.gif

Yeah, sounds like my own experiences with FM...it took me 2 months to get paid back when I got to Vandyland. Seems like they at least got it right when I left for Thule.