Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

So apparently gay soldiers were why the Srebrenica Massacre wasn't prevented...

What a crock of sh*t! What next? Weapons of mass destruction weren't found in Iraq because certain ethnic groups in the military are lazy? Women shouldn't serve on ships because the men won't be able to control themselves?? I'm thinking this guy's in the same league as the douche who would hire pedos and murderers over former soldiers...

Srebrenica fall linked to gay soldiers

Well, well, my guess is that maybe the general is probably a bit upset because maybe he had a fight with his boyfriend ?wub.gif

Srebrenica is litterally a black page in our history and still a trauma in this country. Senator Levin is right: the batallion was lightly armed (yes, in order not to provocate the Serbs.......) and the ROE prevented real action.

There was an airstrike at the advancing Serbian armour, in which capt. Manja Blok (YES, A FEMALE), flying an

F-16 destroyed Serbian tanks with dumb Mk 82's (!), but follow up support by the USAF was unable to find the target area and more strikes were FORBIDDEN by the UN Headquarters. The Serbs, with tanks and everything, had no trouble in overrunning the Dutch troops after that and the drama that evolved is beyond description...

Thank you very much general !!tease.gif

Derk

Edited by Derk

I'm sure the Hoplites would have one or two things to say to this general.

Everything about Balkans is made into a joke now, and the biggest joke is on us who live here...

This was a by-product of the post-Cold War "peace dividend". Gays being let into the military at the same time was a side-effect of the drawdown, not the cause. But, hey, cause-and-effect is a process that escapes a lot of people, this guy being just one more.

As a former Dutch peacekeeper, this makes my blood boil!

He was the head NATO honcho nonetheless when Srebrenica was

under Serbian siege. NATO refused to airstrike serbs and refused to

help the Dutch there who were lightly armed because of UN mandate.

Heaviest weapons were the .50 and a few anti tank thingies....

Well, if it was sexual preference, I hope he runs into a few

of these men (of whom I know a lot personally).

Maybe he can also explain the fact why the US are begging the NLD

troops to stay, you know... being gay and all...

Muesli

As a former Dutch peacekeeper, this makes my blood boil!

He was the head NATO honcho nonetheless when Srebrenica was

under Serbian siege. NATO refused to airstrike serbs and refused to

help the Dutch there who were lightly armed because of UN mandate.

Heaviest weapons were the .50 and a few anti tank thingies....

Well, if it was sexual preference, I hope he runs into a few

of these men (of whom I know a lot personally).

Maybe he can also explain the fact why the US are begging the NLD

troops to stay, you know... being gay and all...

Muesli

I am with you on this my friend... Your troops where lightly armed for the job that they where supposed to be doing... Peacekeeping in my opinon is you take some heavies in with you to show them you mean business not send in light infantry... They have their use's but sometimes they need to have the backup close by doesn't matter if your gay straight or alien...

You know occasionally you need to shoot a few generals/admirals etc to keep the rest in line...

As to do I know what I am talking about I spent 2 4 month tours in Bosnia and one in Kosovo... and there where days when we couldn't do anything because the UN said no... To say it was a clusterf*$k is an classic English understatement... We should have gone in loaded for bear and gone after the militaries and militia's causing the trouble... Aint Hindsight a wonderful thing but we the guys and gals on the ground knew that this is the only way to get a job done right... Right RANT over until the next one...

Iwan & Slartibartfast : I an VERY much with you !!!!!!!!!good.gif

Derk

This guy is a douche. Next thing he will say he's John Wayne! I have never heard such outlandish BS before in my life.

Sounds like he and Gen. Peter Pace were in the same class at National War College.

Good thing he is retiring. Pete Pace got canned from Chairman of Joint Chiefs because of shooting his mouth off about gays in the military.

It is typical "General" rhetoric. They don't send in enough troops or don't give the one's that are there enough support and it is someone else's fault.