Sign in to follow this  

ohh! the neverending story of this site :boredom:

no, I wont do any G and K version, because using this site

as a refference I cant see what is different on G-6 G-8 G-10 K-4 and so on.

This has no meaning for me and I have no interests in WWII Messerschmidts.

This above is basicaly G-10 (I hope) and this is all you can expect.

MontyCZ

Edited by Monty CZ

WOW :yikes: ! This man is a monster! When making the Bf109s don't forget the correct cockpit back armour plate and, if possible, a new cockpit! My deepest congrats!! :drinks:

Monty, you are not at all joking when you say you can't tell which is which! it is unbelievably confusing. I'm concurrently doing a series of late-war 109s for CFS3, and it's driving me mental... Not just the visual models, but the flight models too. There were so many different combinations of airframe/engine/boost/etc that it's dizzying.

Having said that, if Monty agrees, from the original S-99 I can cook up the G-6AS, G-10, G-14AS and K-4. There are visible differences although the airframe is much the same for each of these models. Most of the differences can be painted in quite convincingly, even if some, such as the tailwheel length, simply will have to stay as they are.

But I hope nobody's in a hurry! I have my CFS3 series to complete and I'm also working on further skins for the S-199 - Monty was good enough to send me his templates, which has saved a certain amount of blood, sweat and tears!

Monty, you are not at all joking when you say you can't tell which is which! it is unbelievably confusing. I'm concurrently doing a series of late-war 109s for CFS3, and it's driving me mental... Not just the visual models, but the flight models too. There were so many different combinations of airframe/engine/boost/etc that it's dizzying.

Some more obvious differences:

G-2 - basic Gustav

G-6 - MG131 cowl bulges, main wheel bulges on wings, non-retractable tail wheel

G-6(late) - same as G-6, but with "Galland hood" canopy

G-6AS/ASM,G-10,G14 - MG-131 bulges are more streamlined, other things are pretty much same, mosty different antenna mast is in question

K-4 - retractable tail wheel again, different antenna mast(not sure but AFAIK it is)

Those are just some main visual differences without checking my WW2 airplane library, performance differences are mostly engine related although streamlined MG131 cowl bulges and retractable tail wheel on the K-4 gave for a less draggy aircraft making K-4 one of the fastest WW2 propeller driven planes...

OK... Here goes. Not for Monty, because it's not his thing, but just for general interest.

G-2/4 - basically similar to F-4 but has two small intakes on either side of the nose cowling ahead of the exhaust stubs. DB605A engine with larger Fo870 radiator. The quarter-lights in the cockpit windscreen disappear, and one or two small intakes take their place. Bean-shaped bulges appear on the wings during the production run as larger wheels are fitted. Fixed tailwheel. Reinforced "square" canopy. Some with GM-1 boost system.

G-6 Early production - as above but with 7.62mm cowl MG17s replaced by 13mm MG131s. This necessitated the installation of bulged covers over the breech blocks and feed mechanism. Usually fitted with GM-1 boost system.

G-5 - Similar to G-6 but with pressurised cockpit. Produced concurrently with G-6, but production began slightly later.

G-6 Late production/reworked - as above but may have Erla canopy and wooden tailfin and rudder/tailplanes(as IDF S-199)

G-6AS - DB605AS engine, new streamlined cowling over the MG131 breeches.

G-14 - basically a late-production G-6 with DB605A engine. It does have breech bulges, and usually has the Erla canopy and wooden tail unit. Late units with third type wider wheels and long, "rectangular" wing bulges (as S-199)

G-14AS - essentially as G-6AS, DB605AS engine, frequently with enlarged Fo987 radiator. May have lengthened tail wheel and various types of aerial mast.

G-10 - externally similar to G-6AS and G-14AS; first major series with new streamlined cowling as for AS engines. Some aircraft fitted with DB605DM engine with MW50 boost - these had larger radiator and bulges on the lower cowling below the leading exhaust stub. This type became the Avia S-99 immediately after the war. May have lengthened tail wheel and various types of aerial mast.

K-4 - DB605D, DM or AS engine, essentially similar to G-10; rectangular wing bulges with final type of wheels, long tailwheel, wooden tail unit and Erla canopy. Short or no antenna mast. The main easy recognition features are the R/T access panel moved from frame 5 to frame 4, and the (often removed) secondary undercarriage bay covers.

It is rather challenging to tell them all apart, especially as improvements did not necessarily bring about a new mark number. For example, the G-14 is essentially indistinguishable from a late production G-6...

And don't try and catch me out, because you'll probably succeed. I'm still a bit dazed after all that - and I've left a fair few things out...

So, generally speaking, ONE basic LOD can cover a multitude of variants, with only a True Experten ™ knowing the differences?

Sounds like a plan, to me!!

Now, we just need a good WW2 Euro map.....

wrench

kevin stein

Just released, awaiting aproval :-)

post-255-008375100 1277058959.jpg

It was just quick editing work :-)

If you need 3DS file to turn it into messerschmidt we can talk :-)

MontyCZ

Just released, awaiting aproval :-)

post-255-008375100 1277058959.jpg

It was just quick editing work :-)

If you need 3DS file to turn it into messerschmidt we can talk :-)

MontyCZ

Great work, Monty! Beautiful!

I'm getting on meanwhile with the S-199 - nearly finished the fuselage and about to start on the wings. It's a nice template to begin with - that helps a great deal! But the visual effects are not as good in SF as they might be.

To be honest, a lot of the differences can be covered simply with a bit of paint... Admittedly these are some of my efforts for CFS3 using the stock G-10 (so streamlined cowling without prominent bulges) which I've repainted as a G-14, with cowl bulges. It won't be so easy for SF because as I said above, the graphics are less well developed; CFS uses a specular sheet which enables you to play with levels of shininess and depth of shadow, for example. But I just wanted to show the sort of thing that can be done with a little application!

it is hard to fly Avia S-199 sometimes so there is trainer on the way :-)

post-255-060190100 1277759745.jpg

MontyCZ

one thing is sure, I am not good in painting bare metal planes :-(

anybody wanna try it? :-)

post-255-091535100 1277840590.jpg

MointyCZ

what is that? a kamikaze trainer? j/k!

looks good!

Once I get the original S-199 sorted out, yes, I'd like to have a go there too!

Here's what I've been doing to the S-199; not immediately obvious, but then Monty's originals were already very good! Trying to give things a bit more volume with shading and highlighting, among other things. One wing is already half-done, the other I haven't touched.

Hello all,

I dont know how to set it in case of gunpods. Yes I can allways make 3 different gunpods

but you have tochange them manualy when changed texture. And mission generato isnt

able to do this.

Any Ideas?

MontyCZ

Monty,

make the gunpods part of the aircraft .

Use ModelNodeName= entry in S-199 data ini to have the cannon pods show up if loaded

That means the cannon pod texture can be part of the aircraft skins

Delete the lods from the weapon gun pods in the Weapons folder

Use SpecificStationCode= in data ini and for the cannon pods to limited the pods to the S-199 series

Let me know if you need assistance witht he require dini stuff.

~

Looking great Monty & ndicki! :drinks:

Just need time to finish it... Ay, there's the rub.

Edited by ndicki

Do you know that CS-199 has no armament, RIGHT? :-)

I am thinking about role for that bird in SF2 world...

some reason to actually fly it :-)

I really miss crash landings in this game so I can try to make it

suitable for it...(or will the plane allways explode after touching

ground?)...Ohh sweet memories when I downloaded Warbirds (old online sim)

only for some belly landings, dont know if it was possible in Chuck

Yeager's game...Surviving the battle is half of the fun, return with

damaged plane and landing is the second...

MontyCZ

realy looking forward to this bird, :drinks:

It`s a twoseater!! Who cares if it carry weapons or not, you are so limited in thinking :rofl:

What about "simulate" a 4th gear under the belly?! You have the mainlanding gear, working like always and a fixed invisibel one under the belly and in the wings, cause of touching ground ends with ripped wings ?! Just an idea :drinks:

The first thing I did in il2 was crashlanding, all the time... after 4 weeks I had enough and begun to fly around :salute: