Sign in to follow this  

For those that haven't noticed, the Dev A-Team has released their Total Conversion mod for WW2. Based on WoE, at the 08 patch level, this a complete mod with all the aircrft, vehicles/ships, weapons and a new terrain by Edward

Charles has posted pictures of it both at the DAT site, and 3rd Wire in the "Screenshots and Videos" forum.

Check it out ... look pretty damn good to me!!

(and we get 08 level FMs too!!!)

wrench

kevin stein

With all the Luftwaffe 08 FMs and TK's Spitfire FM that could maybe be applied to the DAT Mk1, we would only really need the Hurricane to be updated for it to be game on for an updated BoB campaign...

I'm sorry, but where do we get the whole WOR download? I am an avid IL2 gamer and would love to see how this stacks up!!!

~Stingray

For those that haven't noticed, the Dev A-Team has released their Total Conversion mod for WW2. Based on WoE, at the 08 patch level, this a complete mod with all the aircrft, vehicles/ships, weapons and a new terrain by Edward

Charles has posted pictures of it both at the DAT site, and 3rd Wire in the "Screenshots and Videos" forum.

Check it out ... look pretty damn good to me!!

(and we get 08 level FMs too!!!)

wrench

kevin stein

dowloaded it...the game itseft,,,,fantastick,,,but still having the same control problems

Still would love a link to the WOR.....

:clapping:

~Rob

It is awesome. Absolutely awesome, and I am nota WW2 guy.

Without even mentioning the updated prop model.

Thanks to all those involved

As I havn't tried the WW2 mods for WOE series this looks like the ideal starting place... Thanks for the heads up... :clapping:

My bad for forgetting the link to Capuns site ... apologies to all!

wrench

kevin stein

With SF2ExpansionPack and this mod (thanks for my account re-activation DAT! :smile: ) things look again promising for prop maniacs around :good:

OK, been playing this mod today, and it's great. (they'll be no comparisons with IL-2 from me - same subject matter and that's about it. We'll leave that there). This is the second (almost) all inclusive WW2 mod I've played on WoE, the first being BoB. Night and day between the two, WoR runs perfectly, whereas BoB does not (many CTD's). I realise BoB is not made for the Oct 08 level so please don't take it as a flame.

Now as I say, having a blast in my P-39Q campaign (In know, there wasn't one, but a quick .ini edit fixed that), the only criticism I have (apart from the skins, which I'll fix myself), is that my airbases don't seem to be populated with static aircraft. German bases are, Russians are not. Is this supposed to be so, or is their some little .ini edit I can do?

One tip for you guys. The speech was a real immersion killer, so download the Russian Speech Pack. Compulsory, not sure why it wasn't included.

JB5

Edited by JimBeamer#5

JimB: have you set, in Options, GrouundObjects = Unlimited?? I've noticed parked german planes, but I think those are the old 'generic' statics (well, individual planes) left over from all the other WW2 Terrains. I think due to how the airfields are set up (those pit8s fer instance) might interfere with game=generated parked statics. Haven't spent too much time actually LOOKING at the airfields, mostly flying the various planes to see what they look like.

wrench

kevin stein

edit: quck look at the targets ini, does NOT show the old statics being used; so they are game-generated via which ever airfield ini is being used.

Yes,you CAN create more. Edit the Russia_airfiled***.ini, scroll down until you see the ParkingChance= line, increas to whatever your system can manage. For the GermanyCE mod, extract the named airfield inis, and adjust to taste

Thanks Wrench, I've had a flight of SB2's on my base once, and that's about it. Makes it easy to park after a mission (!), but looks a bit sparse, so I'll definately act on your suggestion. I've got plenty of other ground objects BTW, especially flak. I hate flak.......

JB5

my personal "favorite" are the quad-20s, both the emplaced and the new Whirlwinds ... nasty little bastards!!

wrench

kevin stein