As I've talked about in another thread,about first attempts in the A-12 project now i'm showing the last updates regarding the whole model prior its 1.0 release.

All the people involved are mentioned in the previous thread named groom Lake 196X (Veltro2K,Pappy,and the long list of top secret keepers) waiting also Blackibird/Jat for their FM (anyway I've made my first FM ever for this and it's almost good permitting this beast to reach peak speed in proximity of Mach4) ,the last one in order that I'm gratefully mentioning is Amokfloo for his superb pilots.

So now we can take a look of the definitive skins:

A) The early in the silver/black finish with USAF markings

post-26946-12754949001699.jpg

post-26946-1275494916034.jpg

post-26946-1275494931804.jpg

B) The CIA's operational unit the 1129th S.A.S. "Roadrunners" in both standard white SN and "late" red SN (don't know about the last one,many restored planes show'em and I've included too)

post-26946-12754951559011.jpg

post-26946-12754951723689.jpg

post-26946-12754951891049.jpg

C) The early black USAF scheme

post-26946-12754952868037.jpg

post-26946-12754952984892.jpg

post-26946-12754953133624.jpg

Note on the skins:

95% Pete's with mine final tuning

Note on the markings:

My historical decals provide the real SN's for all the 13 (+2) AC's built from Lockheed's Skunk Works and set this plane Black Shield ready just out from the box,just need somebody that build a mission for it.

Now we can take a look at the pit:

post-26946-12754957732768.jpg

post-26946-1275495797843.jpg

post-26946-12754958194624.jpg

The pit is the basic Pasko's 106 pit,than retouched by ordway for the 102 and now by me for the A-12

I've add and audio only RWR too (SAM security is never enough)

I've mention Erikgen too here to help me making the scope that works like on his 101 just pressing the radar cycle button you can hide it or show it

This is the Amokfloo part,the pilots:

post-26946-12754962625344.jpg

post-26946-12754962625344.jpg

With standard A-12 pressure suit (.bmp visor down)

post-26946-12754963910011.jpg

post-26946-12754964061055.jpg

With late SR-71 pressure suit (early white) provided with both .tga visor up and down

A special note for the pilots,like the real the helmet is solid to the airtight collar,but the head is moving inside!

All if it is up or down has double .tga visor clear and dark (pilot is always zipped inside)

Reaching the mach 3+ envelope:

post-26946-1275496726064.jpg

post-26946-12754967336159.jpg

The first is circa the normal top service speed,the second is the limit speed.

the speed tables of this version of the Habu (yes I've said habu,cause the first plane that sports this name was the A-12 in Okinawa during Nam war earlier before the SR-71)

remains classified but this is the fastest version of the whole family,some says that can exceed mach 3.5,so I've set limit to 3.99 and you can do what you want!

Last thing before release will be a gift from Nghengo and his team so stay tuned!max 2 weeks,not jocking!

As Spectre says in other thread i'm joining him saying:

HABU LIVES!

post-26946-12754962792559.jpg

• Like 1

Now it not only lives, but it breathes and belches fire!

Can't wait, looking really, really good!

:good:

did they have a RWR gauge? Cause you can convert a gauge mesh to create a working RWR screen (like the 2ndary ADI)

I did that on the F100 and F104s. Not wholey historically accurate, but it works!

wrench

kevin stein

It looks fantastic! Well done!

Fantastic! I always wanted an Sr-71 for SF, but the A-12 is even faster! 

I have one question, how do you show the mach number in the screen? My "grey square thing" only shows Knots...

did they have a RWR gauge? Cause you can convert a gauge mesh to create a working RWR screen (like the 2ndary ADI)

I did that on the F100 and F104s. Not wholey historically accurate, but it works!

wrench

kevin stein

No kevin,only audio,I've seen a whole pit photofile and there isn't any RWR screen!

Fantastic! I always wanted an Sr-71 for SF, but the A-12 is even faster!

I have one question, how do you show the mach number in the screen? My "grey square thing" only shows Knots...

In options turn to metric!

Awesome work!

I think the mach meter was introduced in a very recent patch and has nothing to do with metric.

Yep, speed readout shows Mach number upon reaching Mach 0.9 and faster

That comes with SF2 series Februar 2010 update , iirc

X RAY, the F-106 cockpit was made by Kesselbrut for Pasko's F-106.

Yep, speed readout shows Mach number upon reaching Mach 0.9 and faster

That comes with SF2 series Februar 2010 update , iirc

X RAY, the F-106 cockpit was made by Kesselbrut for Pasko's F-106.

Rgr that!

And thank you i will make right credits!

Where is the sr 71 to download?????????

You mean the one you uploaded that contained Veltro2K's model files, which you did not credit him with, nor ask his permission to include? 

and that also wasn't EVEN an SR-71, but a repainted YF-12 (that isn't even the same aircraft -- not even close!)? That still contained BOTH Veltro and my work, despite the "claims" in the (not in English) announcement?

That, like your other recent files, contained the entire aircraft, blatently ripped off and uploaded.

Gone. Just like all your other pirated files. The next time it happens, you will be too.

Honestly, there's better and smarter ways of doing things.

----------------

as to a 'real' Blackbird, iirc, the DAT has a beta out

It is not open source. It is someone else's work that you are using, and taking credit for.  If you had taken a few minutes to send a message to the model's author, he probably would have given you permission to use it.  As it is, you did not even show him the courtesy of mentioning his name in the credits.

One of the main issues is the fact that it is NOT an SR-71.

The YF-12 is a completely different aircraft in configuration, shape and (intended) usage. Every mission statement in the data ini is WRONG. The only thing the Blackbird did was fly very fast, very high and take pictures. In 3rd Wire parlance, that means only RECON as a mission statement.

Don't even get me started on those textures .... Why do you think I went to decals for all on the F-12?

If you really want to start doing modding for this game, you need to do all the research and skull sweat. You also need the skills and knowledge to back it up with. You can't just dump something like this on the community; we have people here with beyond expert level knowledge on damn near every subject that can be encountered, from ini editing to real world operators of the aircraft themselves.

You can't call a VW a Cadillac, and expect people to believe it.

If you want to do skins, why then (for example the F-35 and Me-262 -which can be a subject all it's own), was it necessary to upload an entire aircraft? As part of the team that worked on the 262 mod --again don't get me started-- everything was correct as of the release date. And I'm quite surprised the JSF team didn't go all ape-shit crazy when they saw that "mod". Which seems to have been built from ValAstur's "What If..." JASDF version, and also carries the wrong color US national insignia (should be subdued, not full color)

Also, be it know that Veltro is NOT a signatory of the Freeware Accords. That means permission MUST be obtained before modding & uploading his products.

The bottom line here is we operate on a system of trust. If you use someone's work make sure you credit them. If you need permission to use their work make sure you ask. If you decide you're going to take all the policies in place and substitute them with your own person idea of right and wrong you'll find yourself in these situations. If you want to release your work and be recognized for it all we ask is that you follow the clear and easy to understand rules for doing so. If you do not we won't support your efforts or your claims. It's actually very simple and has worked for many years. Please don't think you're just going to jump in an upset the apple cart because you feel you're entitled to something. This community is about respect, mutual appreciation, and having the maturity and honor to present your work in such a way as so everyone can appreciate it. If that's not going to be how you operate I'll suspend your ability to upload files. It's as simple as that.

As to your question. I don't believe the file exists yet. It appears to be a work in progress.

Any further concerns can be addressed to me in Private Message. Thank you all for your help and I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Erik

• Like 3