Dave

1948 War for Independence/1956 Suez Crisis

A question, though...

I have a lot, a looot of recon mission assigned in campaigns. Especially with French air force units in Israel like F84 & Mystère IV. But also in IW campaign with Shakeen.

So I checked the campaign files and data files, and recon for those units is set to 0. What's wrong there?

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

Emp_Palatine:

I've noticed that with several aircraft. My policy is simply to fly those missions as Fighter Sweep missions.

Eric Howes

Roger that.

It's what I do too. I just wanted to rise the subject, just in case this was some bug that hadn't been noticed.

A question, though...

I have a lot, a looot of recon mission assigned in campaigns. Especially with French air force units in Israel like F84 & Mystère IV. But also in IW campaign with Shakeen.

So I checked the campaign files and data files, and recon for those units is set to 0. What's wrong there?

I've been playing around with the campaign files for several different mods recently, basically to try and learn how to create a new campaign for myself.

I have noticed this as well - it's not specifically related to the War for Independence Mod.

Even if I set Recon to zero the game will still occasionally generate a recon mission.

The way I figure it, sometimes the game will not be able to generate a mission appropriate to your aircraft type or squadron assignment, so will default to giving you a recon mission in lieu of having you do nothing.

So definitely not a bug with this mod. More a limitation of the game engine.

Anyway - I just thought I'd pitch in with my 2 cents. :bye:

Updated today!!!!!!! Enjoy and thank eburger....

Folks:

Although the ReadMe doesn't say it, I would recommend doing a clean install if you installed one of the previous releases of this mod. If you do choose to install this version over an existing install, you should remove the following files from the \Menu folder of your Mods Folder:

CAMPAIGNSCREEN.INI

DEBRIEFSCREEN.INI

LOADOUTSCREEN.INI

MAINSCREEN.INI

PILOTRECORDSCREEN.INI

PLANNINGMAPSCREEN.INI

ROSTERSCREEN.INI

SINGLEMISSIONSCREEN.INI

The new version doesn't make use of them. Moreover, some of the above files are incompatible with the May2011 and later patch levels.

Eric Howes

Updated for use with the latest patch....

Updated for use with the latest patch....

Thanks, I used to love flying this. Just reinstalling SF2 again and will grab this.

Hi,

I'm trying to fly the Arab version with the Sea Fury.

However the campaign always ends after 1 mission.

If I lose the first mission lose the campaign.

Win the first mission, win the campaign.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks

In the campaign data ini file Israel is friendly and Egypt is enemy, it should be the other way round being an Arab campaign

Could that cause it?

danwatto:

No, that's the way "red side" campaigns work. You can fly for the side designated "enemy."

This is a short campaign -- 5 days. That particular unit is set to start 11/1/1956. The campaign ends the next day, 11/2/1956.

If you want to extend the campaign for that particular unit, set the start date for it to 10/29/1956. You'll have to edit the entry for that unit in both Kadesh.INI and Kadesh_DATA.INI.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Hi gentlemen. I miss the gunsight in my LF IXc (IDF) Spitfrie.

Spitfire LF IXe is OK.

What is wrong by me? Btw by me only or do you have the same problem?

just copy the gunsight tga from one cockpit folder to the other; that should fix it

Hmm, thanks, but nothing...

I exchanged the "P-38_sight" file, but nothing...

Spitfire LF IXc (IDF):

img00002.jpg

img00001.jpg

Spitfire LF IXe:

img00003.jpg

Peeppuu:

I just checked the Spitfire 9c in my install. The gunsight shows up just fine. I'll double-checked the files in the released ZIP file -- nothing is missing. The cockpits for the 9c and 9e are identical -- same INI files, same LODs and graphic files.

I do not that the screenshot you have for 9e shows a gunsight that is considerably more orange than what shows up in my install. Is it possible you applied other cockpit mods to your Spitfires?

Eric Howes

have you checked the spit's cockpit ini for the correct name of the tga?? I know for a fact, all the spit pits I use, and have uploaded should be using the 'RAFMkIII_Gunsight.tga"

we haven't used the P38 sight for years on the Spitfires, considering it's the wrong one even for the Lightning

Wrench:

Yes, the COCKPIT.INI specifies the correct file -- at least in the one that included in the 48-56 mod itself.

Eric Howes

Thank you very much gentlemen for your support.

Strange...

What is wrong by me? I use this mod only in this modded game. No further mod. :boredom:

screen.jpg