Sign in to follow this  
Jackstraw

<S!> and Hello from Canada

Allow myself to introduce.....umm, myself :)

I just ordered BH&H and can't wait to get it going, it looks and sounds awesome. I've tried Phase 1 in the past, but dropped out of the flight sim scene for a bit due to other stuff. Out of curiosity & bordom, I came across this website last week, and pondered ordering it, then found Phase 2 and that was that, " I'm ordering this ! "

I recognize a few old names here and there from the RB2/3D days ( what fun we had ) , but not many. I flew as KA7_Jackstraw, as well as RAF_Guzzler ( for a tad ) and I'm trying to talk RAF_BVC back into flying, I'll get him ;) It's great see an old dusty disc like CFS3 take on a whole new face, and the people involved have done an awesome job, hats off to all of you and like I said, I can't wait for that DVD to get here.

I don't really have any issues yet, but the info provided here looks like it should cover any issues I have with Vista and my system, although a little more than a year old, holds duel Nvidia 8800 GTS's, and runs CFS3 to the max. Not sure about the SLI and whether it works with CFS3 or OFF, I'm guessing turning that on is just a moot point ?

Only thing that has had me pulling out a few hairs was trying to actually obtain Phase 2, and I understand the bandwidth issue completely. Would it be allowed to host that file for people ? If not, I'm good, I'll be in BH&H glory soon ! But it hooked me in, and might help to get others on board, just a passing thought from an old and inverted sim pilot.

Hope to see and fly online with some of you soon !!

It's great to be back in the skies, more beautiful than ever !

<S!> Jack

Welcome Jackstraw..new guys buy the Drinks :drinks:

This forum is the best forum on the Net...you will have a good time here!

Welcome Jackstraw..new guys buy the Drinks :drinks:

This forum is the best forum on the Net...you will have a good time here!

I knew there would be catch !

Thanks Widowmaker, checking wallet now.. :good:

Cheers !

Welcome to the BHaH skies Jackstraw. WM has already enlightened you as to the foremost rule around here. Second is to always watch your six. And third is to never, EVER trust a woman more than you trust your kite, as the former can do you in quicker than a Hun in the sun whilest the latter can save your life.

BTW, I'll have a black-and-tan and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps, thank you very much.

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

Jackstraw........... welcome to no more free time as it will be consumed with the missions, scenery, aircraft and struggle to survive.

Welcome to the skies old chap... Shame for the next 2 and a half months I will be getting no virtual flying in... as my PC is 1200miles from me... oh well I will have to settle for the KLM dollybirds... and mines a single malt when you buy them :drinks:

Welcome my friend

Hello everyone & thanks for the welcomes and your kind help in emptying my pockets !!!!

" Contact >>>>>> Beer !!! "

Black-and-Tan and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps ! Check !

Single Malt ! Check !

( Searching overcoat fer coppers... )

Jack Daniels neat, with branch water on the side ! Check ! Say again ? No branch water eh ? Barrel water will have to do :ok:

Now that the drinks are on the way, thanks again, and thank you for the headsup in the knowledge base Uncle Al, that will come in handy when it's time to install things, much appreciated mate ! Phase 2 ran smooth, but from what I've been reading, BH&H is a little more heavy, so I'll follow the advice and see where it leads me.

( checking 6 for wife.....off to grab HITR as well )

Cheers guy's !

post-60820-079178100 1277506828.jpg

Edited by Jackstraw

Jackstaw:

As a fellow Canuck welcome.

I'll have a Crown Royal and Blue chaser thanks.

Tony

Welcome, Jackstraw, been a long time since RBII, good to see you here. :salute:

rabu [|:~} of On-The-Edge

I recognize a few old names here and there from the RB2/3D days ( what fun we had )

I remember you, so after you've bought drinks for all of us :drinks:, I'll buy one for you in return :drinks:.

Guest British_eh

Hi there mate.

Lot's of good stuff here. See some of the Sticky's for great info.

Newcastle brown ale and crisps please.

Cheers,

British_eh

Welcome aboard Jack!

You're in for a treat

AI was greatly improved in P3 so watch your 6

Hefeweizen please

:drinks:

Hello Mate! Welcome from your neighbor to the south. You're in for a grand time. :drinks:

Welcome to the meat grinder.and soon you will be hearing a favorite OFF Tune

Here's my favorite OFF tune :good:

Welcome to the wonderful world of OFF, Jack!

Best to say goodbye to the ones you love - you won't see them much anymore, I'm afraid.

But what the heck; life is short, and there are missions to be flown!

You will see big progress, if you had Phase1 only so far - you may have to learn to survive again.

It will be much tougher - and much more rewarding.

Thank you all for the wonderful welcomes ! A fine group of gents to be sure ! Rabu, you are definately a name I recognized, and I remember your fantastic graphic work in RB/3D, glad to see your still alive and well. Seems like RB2/3D was so long ago, and I suppose it was in a way. I got sucked up into running an online race league for many years, starting with GPL, then rFactor, but after a few years of each, it got stale and became too much like work. Took almost 2 years off from simming in any form, and for some strange reason, not sure if it was one of the movies that came out or what it was, I started to think about these beautiful crates once again. Dusted off a few books I collected over the years, and I can't wait to get back to flying online again.

Love some of the old footage people post links too here as well, just awesome.

Thanks all ! <S!> :drinks:

Jack, would you please send me a PM with your town and country?

I'll add you to our "OFF Forum Pilots Map" then (see Sticky Threads above).