please, just don't change the mesh names!!! :grin: I'm doing up new decals for it!!

Thanks, Ed... it really does look much better this way!!

wrench

kevin stein

This does look like a good improvement! Good work! :good:

please, just don't change the mesh names!!! :grin: I'm doing up new decals for it!!

Thanks, Ed... it really does look much better this way!!

wrench

kevin stein

DNW mesh names stayed the same

Still too much unused space. Try the "pack UV's" command and see what that gives you. It's like laying a puzzle but perseverence pays off.

And of course if you have identical pieces like the undersides of airbrakes or wheelbays just map one instance and then tile the others on top of it. Gives you more space for the rest of the plane. Also don't be afraid to cut up the fuselage.

Edited by Julhelm

1. how do you get both sided to display on the Map? I can only see one at a time.

2. when I use UV pack it breaks them up into little unrecognize peices

post-11906-074625400 1279280260.jpg

post-11906-086153100 1279280377.jpg

Do tell about said framework tweak, I would love to play with that.

Woeha !! Found it in the archives of SimHq. It is an old trick originally invented by Armourdave and dug up again by tflash, in which a cockpitinstrument is added which makes the frontstrut in the F4 pit disappear. (in the same way the canopyframe was removed too, which gave an unrestricted F16 like vieuw, usefull too in the beginning with the MiG 29)

http://simhq.net/for...tml#Post1610476

As far as I know the F1 has a one piece windscreen (trainer version has a conventional 3 piece one) and from the inside of the cockpit things look better.:good:

All credits to the original inventors !!!!!! Gonna do some playing with it too....

Hou doe,:grin:

Derk

Edited by Derk

looks fine to me!

Loadout fixes comeing with the SF2 conversion (some editating will be requried to backdate for Gen1 usages on avionics -uses TEWS- and some data ini tweeks, mostly in the DetectSystem section)

Derk: if that's the trick I remember, that's how the first F-16 pit was made for wpnsgt's old Viper. It rotates the frame 90 degs. I'll add that to the cockpti ini, and test.

EDIT: yes that does work. But we're forgetting .. there IS framing on the F-1's windshield, and canopy bow!!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Derk: if that's the trick I remember, that's how the first F-16 pit was made for wpnsgt's old Viper. It rotates the frame 90 degs. I'll add that to the cockpti ini, and test.

EDIT: yes that does work. But we're forgetting .. there IS framing on the F-1's windshield, and canopy bow!!

wrench

kevin stein

There is indeed framing on the model Kevin, but not on the real thing... :grin: (only on the T2 trainer variant). And I used it for the "front frame" struts only, not on the bow.....

(OT: wonder if we could make it working on the F 104 pit too, for the Draken)

Hou doe,

Derk

PS: I would like to state again that the F1-just like all your other creations , Veltro,-

is a wonderful addition to the game !!!!!!!!!

Edited by Derk

there is a SF2 version or i should convert it myself?

P.S.

really well done!! thanks!

i'm converting it now .. 100% historic serial/id numbers. All new loadouts, MANY adjustments. (even a new dual bomb rack!! (see screenie)

Derk, you're absolutely righ! I'm wrong (see attached from the Bruindo book) I'll tweek mine to match

There's no reason at all that I can't be done for the draken, using the same move trick. We've been using it for years on things! <evil grin> We just don't talk about it, cause the result makes us look smarter than we really are :grin:

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

edit:

the only problem with moving JUST the windshield frame, is it leaves a 'gap' in the glass...

but, hell, I can live with it! and everyone know what a perfectionist I am!! <grin>

W

Could a 'canopy' decal be applied to the missing areas?

No gap in the glass with me, probably has to do with the settings of the cockpit (no glare, no mirrors). Can't seem to post an image, never mind.:grin:

Looking at the pics of the cockpit the F5E pit might be a good alternative too,

Hou doe,

Derk

1. how do you get both sided to display on the Map? I can only see one at a time.

What do you mean both sides?

2. when I use UV pack it breaks them up into little unrecognize peices

Weld the UV's and that won't happen. You can tell where the seams are as they'll be green instead of white.

What do you mean both sides?

Left side and Right side

Weld the UV's and that won't happen. You can tell where the seams are as they'll be green instead of white.

how do i do this ? Select one mesh at a time and weld ?

you can't apply decal to cockpits (I tried that years ago!)

That's screenie is in SF2, DX10, etc (note the working TEWS). So, that might be the issue. I'll experiment with the F-5 pit (it IS twin engined!). I'll need Sony's permission for release though, respecting TMF wishes.

Still got 100-odd decals to make...oi!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Derk, you are a GENIUS!!!

just need to tweek the aim angles a bit... but everything work like I wanted it to!!

So, 3 names get added to the readme..

in that case I changed something :salute: ..also if someone can add a chute :good:

post-11906-059336400 1279408438.jpg

it looks like you removed the windshield framing? If so, good!!! That'll make the cockpit internals match the exterrnals.

I've got all the loadouts dialed in (several duplicated hardpoints for specific loads), and even added a (kinda-sorta) JM117-GSC-1 EOGB

2/3s done with the decals ... I'd forgotten how boring that can be! (152 decals in total...)

Is that a working shadow I see as well!!! YIPPEE!! Couldn't get it to work at all, even with a renamed jag.shd

excellent!

EDIT:!!!!wait!!!! that's a T-2!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench
mis id'ed aircraft

EDIT:!!!!wait!!!! that's a T-2!!!

wrench

kevin stein

:grin:

post-11906-015279900 1279547643.jpg