Jan Tuma

Oeffag D.III Ba.53, 153, 253 - WIP

All I can say is wow! I didn't think anything would top your terrain... but this will meet or exceed that.Thank you.

I hope you can take a few to do a tutorial on what you have done.

As far as I know this is an entirely new approach to modding.

Totally outstanding!

I second that! I would like to get going on redoing the Austrian skins for my Caporetto campaign.

How are you making out Jan?

not trying to rush anyone but I was just wondering if there is any updates on this project? I hope it's not abandoned.

I've sent Jan Tuma a few messages. But no response. Maybe it's squashed. Seemed like he was almost done creating the model too. Too bad if its a no go for sure. I for one was really looking forward to a real Oef looking D.III.

I think if it's a hex edited thirdwire lod it can't be posted. I don't think TK allows that.

@Heck yeah I figured that would be a problem but TK has made exceptions in the past.I was hoping since TK has abandoned developement on FE he might make an exception here.I wonder about the "ethicalness" is that even a word? of putting all the non .lod files up here and then giving the lod out via email to a few friends for private use? I'm not sugesting this but just wondering if thats a way that would not violat the core file rule.In my opinion it stll goes against the spirit of it.Oh well it would be nice to have this plane in some form at some time as it was a beauty to behold.I hope Jan didn't get in any trouble for this,his work has always been great.

@Heck yeah I figured that would be a problem but TK has made exceptions in the past.I was hoping since TK has abandoned developement on FE he might make an exception here.I wonder about the "ethicalness" is that even a word? of putting all the non .lod files up here and then giving the lod out via email to a few friends for private use? I'm not sugesting this but just wondering if thats a way that would not violat the core file rule.In my opinion it stll goes against the spirit of it.Oh well it would be nice to have this plane in some form at some time as it was a beauty to behold.I hope Jan didn't get in any trouble for this,his work has always been great.

I don't think TK has abandoned the sim. It's just he has no money for development. I encourage all my friends to buy it, because the only way TK will do more than patch is if he sees the money coming in to develop it further. And, as he's said, it's income from the jet sims that carry it, so tell everyone you know about them too....

Edited by Heck

What's the project status? I'm counting every seconds for its release. It looks already good to be launched! :drinks:

Not meant to be the party pooper but the status is "dead" as far as i know :(

Edited by Nix

Hi!

I'm again back!

I send 3D models soon, but with basic skins only and with stock Albatros cockpit.

Jan :salute:

GOOD!!!!!! Have you FMs? Peter01 did the FM for the 185 Hp version. I have modded it to the 200 and 225 Hp in my Italian install. Tell me if you need the files.

Nice !

Thank you, Jan ! :good:

I'm reborn!! I made my day, Jan! The Austro-Hungarian Albatroses are the most wanted planes of all time in FE!! :drinks:

I've done dozens of skins for the Skunkworks Oef D.III (which really isnt an Oef D.III other than its rounded nose) that are included in my "Battle of Caporetto" campaign. I will gladly redo every one of them for Jan Tumas Oef D.III. These last couple of weeks have been pretty exciting for FE huh. Thanks to Stephen1918 and Jan Tuma!:drinks:

I have a bunch of Aviatik D.I skins coming out soon and the Phonix DII using the same Aviatik decals for different Fliks. I've just been so busy at work I havnt been able to finish anything yet. Soon though.

Just a question...Is the Aviatik D.I a little out of scale or was it a bit bigger than most other planes. Because in a lineup of Aviatik D.I's and Phonix D.II's and Alb D.III Oef's the Aviatik seems huge. Not that big a deal. Just thought I'ld ask. I guess I'm really askin Stephen1918. Is the scaling correct on the D.I? Is the D.I big or is the Phonix D.II too small?

I've done dozens of skins for the Skunkworks Oef D.III (which really isnt an Oef D.III other than its rounded nose) that are included in my "Battle of Caporetto" campaign. I will gladly redo every one of them for Jan Tumas Oef D.III. These last couple of weeks have been pretty exciting for FE huh. Thanks to Stephen1918 and Jan Tuma!:drinks:

I have a bunch of Aviatik D.I skins coming out soon and the Phonix DII using the same Aviatik decals for different Fliks. I've just been so busy at work I havnt been able to finish anything yet. Soon though.

Just a question...Is the Aviatik D.I a little out of scale or was it a bit bigger than most other planes. Because in a lineup of Aviatik D.I's and Phonix D.II's and Alb D.III Oef's the Aviatik seems huge. Not that big a deal. Just thought I'ld ask. I guess I'm really askin Stephen1918. Is the scaling correct on the D.I? Is the D.I big or is the Phonix D.II too small?

You're right, the Aviatik is too big. I think the proportions are correct, but the scale is wrong, so the skins should be OK. I'll start rescaling it. Thanks for finding this.

Stephen please, when release the re-scaled Aviatik be sure to include my FM and the engine sound you told me time ago!

Edited by ojcar
  • Like 1