I modified this off of a regular jet CAS mission. To say the least, trying this is a challenge...

B-1 Afghan.7z

Also here's the ini's just in case as I've messed with it...

Afghanini.7z

Edited by EricJ

Here's some other things. Unfortunately since the E key (AFAIK) is the only way to target those targets of opportunity, and not being able to use the pod, you have to literally fly low and select targets. First two is an "appropriate" distance to turn around. Last photo shows how difficult it is to see and target, though if you have explosions, dust clouds, etc then it'll be easier, but it'll put you in the envelope of Stingers/SA-7s/AAA. If the targeting system was a lot better then CAS in the Bone with PGMs would be much easier.

post-5735-067532900 1289515791.jpg

post-5735-052441800 1289515808.jpg

post-5735-078959100 1289515835.jpg

I remember back in the "Good old Days" you could scroll through just about every target out there until visual distances

were implemented, and drastically reduced.

Cruise missiles are all but useless except for a primary strike target.

Well, actually, they're just plain useless outside of about 35 - 40 miles, as they will miss, short.

You can go in and manually increase the visual distance on each object, but that is painstaking at best.

This whole sim was meant for the `Nam era, or prior, and that is about it...

Which I need to do then... as I detect MANPADS (which in all practicality isn't too bad...) better. Okay for SEAD but not CAS. Thanks for the tip!

But yeah I know, but as long as I can adjust the visual distance, then it's not a matter.

Well for the files above, copy and paste this onto the Afghanistan_Types.ini:

[TargetType099]

Name=Taliban

FullName=Taliban

TargetType=AAA

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=100

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=Taliban

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=40

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=16000

DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion

SecondaryEffect=VehicleFireEffect

SecondaryChance=50

Now, after a more successful mission, it's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED you have your fuel at 75%, no internal bay tank for Bone CAS missions. I carried 30 GBU-38s and my mission (along with the above modified information, thanks Spectre_USA) it went much much better.

Now if Gepard would put a Large Airbase in Pakistan things would be allright.

I remember back in the "Good old Days" you could scroll through just about every target out there until visual distances

were implemented, and drastically reduced.

I still can: Visual Targeting = Easy in the options screen and it works...

Good tip Brain:good:

Also, this could be too obvious, an object should have a non-zero TargetValue to be target-able.

Geez, I wish I'd thought of that!

I was under the impression that would add all those hideous labels everywhere, but that is the HUD easy.

I know my new setting for that now, cheers, Brainiac! :drinks:

\

Finally got to stooge around for an hour in this jet this weekend and it was a blast... though it seemed as though everyone was out to get me... Su-27's Mig-29's Mig-31's seemed as the only jets hunting out there where late model's and as for the SAM's all I could find also where late model double digit sames but they still all made great smoking holes in the ground...

Outstanding work fellows...

Fly a low level penetration mission in the 1986 B-1, loaded with nukes. :drinks:

Talk about loads of fun.

Eric asked for a longer runway at Afghanistan terrain because he wanted to fly the Bones there. I gave it a try, made a longer strip at Bagram, then downloaded the B-1B. Its a great plane. Well done. :good:

Then i used it in my Wings over Afghanistan, which is a WOE clone. The planes handles well. But one of the main gears does not completly drive in. Is this a problem only at WOE?

Fly a low level penetration mission in the 1986 B-1, loaded with nukes. :drinks:

Talk about loads of fun.

Why did you think I downloaded it came back empty with no Warsaw Pact left... possibly some of Nato Damaged... 24 SRAM's make a mighty mess...

@Dave I just took your advice and flew a nuclear penetration mission over the modern korea terrain. It was fantastic!!!

The aircraft is just superb.

Mike

Edited by MaverickMike

A really GREAT,GREAT,GREAT,GREAT,GREAT JOB MATES!!!!!!:drinks:

But one of the main gears does not completly drive in. Is this a problem only at WOE?

Can you provide a screenshot and tell us which model does this? I don't remember seeing this issue anywhere...

FC

Then i used it in my Wings over Afghanistan, which is a WOE clone. The planes handles well. But one of the main gears does not completly drive in. Is this a problem only at WOE?

I checked this out last night and I didnt see a problem with it in SF2. I think its a problem with WOE for which this plane was made for the SF2 series. Time to get SF2 maybe?:good:

Here the asked screenshot.

Its a strange behaviour of the B-1B. If i take off the gears went in perfectly. If i use the ALT+N button and take then an outside view the right main gear is not fully retracted. Its the B-1B_92 model.

post-3395-004602400 1290012237.jpg

Another guy using WOE showed me one with the same problem but its was another model. I wonder why its works in SF2 but not WOE? Ini typo maybe?

Was a typo.

HideGearNode=FALSE

instead

HideGearNode=TRUE

at the right main gear.

Corrected it and all is fine now. :good:

Edited by Gepard

Was a typo.

HideGearNode=FALSE

instead

HideGearNode=TRUE

at the right main gear.

Corrected it and all is fine now. :good:

Thats good but still not sure why I didnt do that in SF2......:blink:

Here is what I just took...with the date stamp same model.

Clipboard02.jpg

img00173.JPG

Not sure why it does that in the first gens and not SF2....

Oh well, we can issue a hotfix for those who need it.

FC

It looks to me like the shock orientation is reversed so instead of compressing into the bay it's extending out.

Just an idea...